+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Spending in January

No Spending in January

Re: No Spending in January

Its no big deal we have a good enough squad to make a late run into the play offs, if one or two players pull their fingers out

No surprise really, especially after Warnocks shopping spree over the last couple of years, players need shipping out.

No surprise at all.
    Harris will know who he needs to bring in to strengthen and who needs to go.

That wanker Warnock has wasted so much money he’s going to put this club back years.

Judge me when I leave he said. Ok, I will, you have put us back beyond square 1 you greedy twat.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Its no big deal we have a good enough squad to make a late run into the play offs, if one or two players pull their fingers out
    With a few players coming back from injury ( Jazz and Sol) it’ll be like having a couple of new signings anyway.

The squad is too big, maybe if we can get some decent money in for one or 2 there will be funds,

Also a change of formation to 3 at the back and wing backs will make better use of what we have got.

Still feel a bit thin in midfield

Need one of the strikers to come good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    With a few players coming back from injury ( Jazz and Sol) it’ll be like having a couple of new signings anyway.

The squad is too big, maybe if we can get some decent money in for one or 2 there will be funds,

Also a change of formation to 3 at the back and wing backs will make better use of what we have got.

Still feel a bit thin in midfield

Need one of the strikers to come good.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see 4-5 players moving on Bogle, Connolly Murphy and Day all look set for the exit door, reports in the Press is that West Ham are interested in Etheridge which would be a shame if he moved on, but in reality Murphy and Etheridge are the only ones likely to command a fee
    I'd like to see Madine or Ward moved on as well but can't see there would be to many takers for either of them

In an ideal world we could free up the wage bill to attract a young pacy midfielder and fullback, or blood the youngsters from the Under 23's

Would have assumed Murphy 100% gone

Get a couple of loans in.
    A full back and midfielder for sure.
    There's a Spanish fella warming the bench at Palace that would fit nicely :)

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see 4-5 players moving on Bogle, Connolly Murphy and Day all look set for the exit door, reports in the Press is that West Ham are interested in Etheridge which would be a shame if he moved on, but in reality Murphy and Etheridge are the only ones likely to command a fee
    I'd like to see Madine or Ward moved on as well but can't see there would be to many takers for either of them

In an ideal world we could free up the wage bill to attract a young pacy midfielder and fullback, or blood the youngsters from the Under 23's
    I reckon we’ll get more for Smithies than Murphy. One was bought to challenge the first team the other was only ever a reserve.

Unless Day is moving for first team football I reckon he’s staying too. Always was a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I reckon we’ll get more for Smithies than Murphy. One was bought to challenge the first team the other was only ever a reserve.

Unless Day is moving for first team football I reckon he’s staying too. Always was a backup.
    Dull as ****

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Dull as ****
    Didn’t you lie your arse off to get out of meeting someone online for a straighter 😂

Didn’t you lie your arse off to get out of meeting someone online for a straighter ��
    How can you meet someone online for a straightner dopey?

How can you meet someone online for a straightner dopey?
    You know what I mean JR.

You know what I mean JR.
    Is everyone who upsets you JR?

Throw enough darts at the bullseye and im sure youll hit it eventually.

Is everyone who upsets you JR?

Throw enough darts at the bullseye and im sure youll hit it eventually.
    You haven’t upset me.

Neither has anyone else for that matter.

You haven’t upset me.

Neither has anyone else for that matter.
    Keep barking yappie. Im sure you'll find the right tree eventually.

Heisenberg

I think he means Josh Murphy - not Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think he means Josh Murphy - not Brian.
    I realised that when the wheelchair warrior started posting in his delightful manner.

Easy mistake to make when 2 of the 3 mentioned were keepers and we have a keeper called Murphy..

A bit disappointing but what did we spend on Flint, Glatzel, Vaulks, Nelson, Whyte, Pack, Vassell in the summer £20+M ish? - and the £6M striker Madine 2 years ago?

Also - sadly we need some cash for the Sala tragedy I assume

I wonder if this was one of the main reasons or conditions of appointing Harris over more well know big spending candidates??

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Would have assumed Murphy 100% gone
    Who will want him? He'll be on high wages and currently can't get in the starting lineup for a team that is midtable in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Who will want him? He'll be on high wages and currently can't get in the starting lineup for a team that is midtable in the Championship.
    Chelsea apparently according to some barm pot back last year 😂🤣.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    That wanker Warnock has wasted so much money he’s going to put this club back years.

Judge me when I leave he said. Ok, I will, you have put us back beyond square 1 you greedy twat.
    You seem angry.

One of the keepers will surely go. Apparently we're paying Smithies a lot of money to sit on the bench.

Bogle is another obvious departure. He's not playing and his contract expires at the end of the season.