+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Spending in January

Re: No Spending in January

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    OGS signed Eikram, Daehli, Fabio, Berget, Cala and Jones and had Zaha on loan. Cala and Fabio were free and the rest didn't cost too much. But when we got relegated he went a bit mad on the spending, Manga, Morrison, Le Fondre, Adeyemi, Pilkington, Dikgacoi, and others of which Morrison and Manga were excellent and the rest poor.
    Pilkington wasnt a poor signing. Far from it.[/QUOTE]
    What I came to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    OGS signed Eikram, Daehli, Fabio, Berget, Cala and Jones and had Zaha on loan. Cala and Fabio were free and the rest didn't cost too much. But when we got relegated he went a bit mad on the spending, Manga, Morrison, Le Fondre, Adeyemi, Pilkington, Dikgacoi, and others of which Morrison and Manga were excellent and the rest poor.
    Pilkington wasnt a poor signing. Far from it.[/QUOTE]

It was down to Pilkington or Bellamy for a place in my City team of the decade;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/my-car...-of-the-2010s/

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No other manager IN YOUR OPINION.

Quick enough to jump all over other posters yesterday who you didn’t agree with on the Reid deal. Moaning about them stating opinion as fact and you’re doing the same.

Cant have it both ways.
    You are quite correct in pulling me up on that. IMO no other manager at that time would have come in and got an average squad automatic promotion.”
    He was being quoted by many on here as one of the best managers we’ve ever had.
    Don’t get me wrong. It was time for him to go when he did,, but your painting a picture like he’s put us out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You are quite correct in pulling me up on that. IMO no other manager at that time would have come in and got an average squad automatic promotion.”
    He was being quoted by many on here as one of the best managers we’ve ever had.
    Don’t get me wrong. It was time for him to go when he did,, but your painting a picture like he’s put us out of business.
    What others have said on here is of no importance to me. I never said he was one of the best managers we’ve ever had.

He’s not the first manager to get an average side promoted. Iain Dowie, Ian Holloway, Phil Brown and more recently Sean Dyche have managed it to name a few.

Besides, Cardiff fans love a fist pump or someone telling them how great they are. He had a lot of fans wrapped around his little finger.

What others have said on here is of no importance to me. I never said he was one of the best managers we’ve ever had.

He’s not the first manager to get an average side promoted. Iain Dowie, Ian Holloway, Phil Brown and more recently Sean Dyche have managed it to name a few.

Besides, Cardiff fans love a fist pump or someone telling them how great they are. He had a lot of fans wrapped around his little finger.
    So if Harris manages to get us promotion, and it’s not in the realms of impossibility with this seasons championship being (IMO) the weakest ever, then where would your stance on Warnocks signings be then?

So if Harris manages to get us promotion, and it’s not in the realms of impossibility with this seasons championship being (IMO) the weakest ever, then where would your stance on Warnocks signings be then?
    Ok I’ll humour you. If he does, and I don’t believe for 1 second he will, then it will be because he is getting the best out of Lee Tomlin. A player signed by Warnock and put out in the cold for 2 years so not one he will be able to take credit for im afraid.

It’ll be a pat on the back for the manager and a realisation that what Warnock did wasn’t that impressive, if another manager manages it with majority of the team that went up last time with a few replacements that many argue aren’t better than what they replaced, so he would be doing it with a weaker squad as well.

Warnock will still be everyone’s hero though, because he convinced many that what he did was near impossible with a team that had no right going up blah blah blah.

Ok I’ll humour you. If he does, and I don’t believe for 1 second he will, then it will be because he is getting the best out of Lee Tomlin. A player signed by Warnock and put out in the cold for 2 years so not one he will be able to take credit for im afraid.
    You humour me almost every time you post 👍

You humour me almost every time you post 👍
    You’re boring me now.

You’re boring me now.
    Yet still you reply?
    Happy new yr Fly man 👍

They should try to get some closure one way or another over Bobby Cordova-Reid.

Stump up a fee or we’ll have him back. Would be a handy addition.

Didn't Warnock leave us with a top two squad though? Funny that, to me, he spent something like £70 million, a small portion of which was recouped in player sales, getting us nine places up the Championship table (we were fourteenth when he left) - it was like a not very successful game of snakes and ladders.

Regarding spending in this month, bringing in loan signings who will improve the current squad won't come cheap, has there been any confirmation that the club would pay loan fees?