+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is it now a case of "Just sell anyone"?

Is it now a case of "Just sell anyone"?

Harris must surely have players lined up so would we be happy to turn any of our players into cash?

Would we really be that gutted to see anyone sold?

Forget just looking at out of favour & fringe players, we need 3-5 to step into the first team.

Re: Is it now a case of "Just sell anyone"?

Tomlin is our only option to stay

I would keep most of them , see what harris can do with the squad and assess at the end of the season

Ralls is probably the only player I'd mark as "do not sell"

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    Harris must surely have players lined up so would we be happy to turn any of our players into cash?

Would we really be that gutted to see anyone sold?

Forget just looking at out of favour & fringe players, we need 3-5 to step into the first team.
    I just don't think Harris is up to the job of turning us into promotion candidates, whether it be this season, next season, or the season after that. No matter how many players he gets rid of, or how many he brings into the club

Jazz Richards is a good player , ralls must stay , bamba is useful as cover , the core of the squad is good , no need to panic

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Jazz Richards is a good player , ralls must stay , bamba is useful as cover , the core of the squad is good , no need to panic
    You're beginning to worry me..

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Sludge Harris will want to bring in his own players therefore theres very few I wouldn't sell. Ralls and Tomlin I think are the only 2 I wouldnt sell.

We need players out. They are not all bad but id happily take offers for virtually the entire squad. Theres a few id free or take small fees just to get them off the books.

Ideally we get 5 or 6 out but we will struggle to get 2 out. How Bacuna got a 4 year deal i really dont get that one.

Our most saleable assets are
    Etheridge, Josh Murphy, Ralls, Glatzel, Morrisson, Bennet, Smithies, Whyte,

I can't see anybody paying money for any of the rest of them as either they are getting on (Bacuna, Peltier, Madine) or they may as well wait until their contracts expire as no bugger with any sense would pay money for them (Flint, Pack, ward and Tomlin)

The most important thing is to get Flint and Pack out of the team (monumental cock up signing them) they slow us right down and flint costs us a goal a game - I doubt we'd get a penny for them though - there is a reason we easily beat the wurzels every game and fall apart every season - the spine of their team was Flint Pack Tomlin and for some bloody crazy reason somebody thought it would be a good idea to integrate these 3 into a winning team - whoever it was needs shooting

The main problem is which of our players is going to move on for a lesser wage rather than run down their contracts?
    I'm not sure many on here would walk from their day job paying say twice as much to go down the road and earn half while still being in contract. Why would any player do it?

I don't rate our manager but, leaving that to one side, if he does indeed have no money then he is between a rock and a hard place. Many have called for him to be given X amount of transfer windows but it will be beyond difficult trying to wheel and deal with freebies with players unwilling to leave.

I am hoping it is a double bluff as if we do not have any money it is worrying given we're still getting parachute payments and season ticket sales being strong.
    Once parachute payments dry up and season tickets fall off (based on performances like that today and falling league position) it could be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

I can't see anybody paying money for any of the rest of them as either they are getting on (Bacuna, Peltier, Madine) or they may as well wait until their contracts expire as no bugger with any sense would pay money for them (Flint, Pack, ward and Tomlin)

The most important thing is to get Flint and Pack out of the team (monumental cock up signing them) they slow us right down and flint costs us a goal a game - I doubt we'd get a penny for them though - there is a reason we easily beat the wurzels every game and fall apart every season - the spine of their team was Flint Pack Tomlin and for some bloody crazy reason somebody thought it would be a good idea to integrate these 3 into a winning team - whoever it was needs shooting
    A winning team? I must have missed that - we hadn't been a winning team for a year when we signed Pack and while you're right to say Pack is slow, it's hardly as if his inclusion every week is keeping someone who could transform the team in terms of the tempo we move the ball at out. Apart from some wingers who are very inconsistent, we are a slow team with a lumbering defence. We are ideal opponents for a team with quick, mobile and skilful forwards like QPR if it is their day - our away goals against record is an ambarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ralls is probably the only player I'd mark as "do not sell"
    Why? He is average at best..

We couldnt give most of our players away let alone sell them.

Warnock has a lot to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A winning team? I must have missed that - we hadn't been a winning team for a year when we signed Pack and while you're right to say Pack is slow, it's hardly as if his inclusion every week is keeping someone who could transform the team in terms of the tempo we move the ball at out. Apart from some wingers who are very inconsistent, we are a slow team with a lumbering defence. We are ideal opponents for a team with quick, mobile and skilful forwards like QPR if it is their day - our away goals against record is an ambarrassment.
    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We couldnt give most of our players away let alone sell them.

Warnock has a lot to answer for.
    This is the problem. Binman quotes 8 players as saleable assets. We will be cutting our losses big time with Murphy and Glatzel. I dont see us getting much for Whyte so we may as well give him time.

We will struggle to get players out of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Why? He is average at best..
    Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. But hes far better than average at best. Hes a very good Championship midfielder who is miles better than Bacuna Pack and Vaulks.

No keep the players and get rid of a manager who has been there about 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

You know who it was.