+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got back.....

Just got back.....

.....and I can’t be bothered to write anything about the embarrassment that I just had to endure with my 3 boys but....

At a cursory glance at this message board, Harris does not seem to be getting much blame for that fiasco, which surprises me.

As a manager that seemingly no one wanted in the first place, he has done nothing so far to suggest that he is in anyway an upgrade on Warnock.

Giving teams a few goals head start was always going to come back and bite us and it did today rather badly, and you have to think that in hindsight this has been coming after the utter dross that we have played in recent weeks. We even managed to make QPR look like Barcelona. Pitiful.

Jazz was embarrassed so many times I lost count, Bacuna looked lost/disintersted, Flint was just his usual rubbish self, Vaulks contributed absolute nothing and you have to question whether he is a Championship player and Pack is incredibly limited. With those two in midfield you will need an unbelievably talented team around them to accommodate them. With zero pace.

Just really depressing all round. Almost as bad as Cardiff City 0 Maidstone United 5 on Jan 1st 1992 which I also had the misfortune to attend.

At least my sons hadn’t yet been born in 1992 and so they didn’t have to suffer that embarrassment as well :-/

Re: Just got back.....

With regards to Vaulks contributing nothing , he did score our only goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    With regards to Vaulks contributing nothing , he did score our only goal.
    I stand corrected.

Without doubt the goal that I have celebrated the most since Euro 2016.

Youve done pretty well considering you cant be bothered to write anything.😂😂

If you want to see Harris abuse check out the other site.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Youve done pretty well considering you cant be bothered to write anything.😂😂

If you want to see Harris abuse check out the other site.
    True! I thought that after I wrote it! 🙈

And I could have written SO much more :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    .....and I can’t be bothered to write anything about the embarrassment that I just had to endure with my 3 boys but....

At a cursory glance at this message board, Harris does not seem to be getting much blame for that fiasco, which surprises me.

As a manager that seemingly no one wanted in the first place, he has done nothing so far to suggest that he is in anyway an upgrade on Warnock.

Giving teams a few goals head start was always going to come back and bite us and it did today rather badly, and you have to think that in hindsight this has been coming after the utter dross that we have played in recent weeks. We even managed to make QPR look like Barcelona. Pitiful.

Jazz was embarrassed so many times I lost count, Bacuna looked lost/disintersted, Flint was just his usual rubbish self, Vaulks contributed absolute nothing and you have to question whether he is a Championship player and Pack is incredibly limited. With those two in midfield you will need an unbelievably talented team around them to accommodate them. With zero pace.

Just really depressing all round. Almost as bad as Cardiff City 0 Maidstone United 5 on Jan 1st 1992 which I also had the misfortune to attend.

At least my sons hadn’t yet been born in 1992 and so they didn’t have to suffer that embarrassment as well :-/
    I said much the same in a thread a few games back. Get your tin hat on.

I agree with you. He seems to have no game plan other than nick a lead and hang on to it (much like Warnock) while setting up almost as the away team at home as well as on the road. He gives up the lions share of possession and seems content with that (much like Warnock). First priority for him is to set up defensively (much like Warnock). His playing style was also unsurprisingly most like Warnock out of the whole of this league and our board, in their wisdom, bring him in to take us in another direction to that of Warnock.

If it wasn't our club it might be funny but it is far from comical when you're invested as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

I agree with you. He seems to have no game plan other than nick a lead and hang on to it (much like Warnock) while setting up almost as the away team at home as well as on the road. He gives up the lions share of possession and seems content with that (much like Warnock). First priority for him is to set up defensively (much like Warnock). His playing style was also unsurprisingly most like Warnock out of the whole of this league and our board, in their wisdom, bring him in to take us in another direction to that of Warnock.

If it wasn't our club it might be funny but it is far from comical when you're invested as a fan.
    Yeah I agree with much of that :-(

Unfortunately I don’t give the board the credibility of “bringing him in”.
    I firmly stand on my original thought that Warnock was heavily involved in the appointment.
    The board have almost zero knowledge of football matters. We are overrun with accountants

I feel a bit traumatised by all that today.
    The difference I see is that under Sir Neil they knew clearly what they were trying to do, but now they're almost making it up as they go along. I think Mr Harris was so pleased and surprised by the way they had to form up after the injuries and sending off last week that he thought he'd try it as a game plan .
    Incidentally, maybe he now understands why Lee Peltier and Bennet are the full backs and why we haven't in the past pressed high or passed the ball around in our own half .
    Can't carry on like that - I knew and said here that changing managers would cause a long transition period and a dip, but this is too much. A few poor results could be expected and wouldn't be serious enough to even think about sacking a manager till he'd been given a chance , but I'm sorry to say that he shouldn't be left there to make world class cock ups like this one.
    There's no excuse whatsoever to concede six goals against QPR unless you're completely out of your league - which they're not - so someone has got to be held responsible.
    I said jokingly in another thread that we should call up Sir Neil, but we need to do something before we end up fighting relegation and we need a competent rather than revolutionary figure to do that. Maybe Sam Allerdyce.

I honestly don't think it's possible for the players to 'play' any other way. You saw a couple of moments in a home game when Harris had just started - a few one-two's, wingers cutting in, but I think they're just not capable of playing football as a team, at this level..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I honestly don't think it's possible for the players to 'play' any other way. You saw a couple of moments in a home game when Harris had just started - a few one-two's, wingers cutting in, but I think they're just not capable of playing football as a team, at this level..
    We lack pace, touch, movement, positivity and youth.

We are mid table , wont go down and are an outside bet for the play offs

...along with about eight other teams...

I agree with a lot of what has been said, but I think it would be too far to call for his head without giving him at least one transfer window, preferably two. We aren't going up or down this season, and we will have to sell from our already bloated squad to afford to buy. He needs to have a chance to get in players he wants, rather than the sicknotes and carthorses Warnock left him with. The players themselves aren't bad, but they've been taught to play one way and one way only, and it takes a lot of time to drill out of that. At least we know 5atb won't work.

That is so true. Some people think this is a one off - a freak result. They can't have been watching the Bluebirds this season. Today was inevitable. And Harris is not the man to change things - he is Warnock Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    That is so true. Some people think this is a one off - a freak result. They can't have been watching the Bluebirds this season. Today was inevitable. And Harris is not the man to change things - he is Warnock Junior
    I agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
    I agree with a lot of what has been said, but I think it would be too far to call for his head without giving him at least one transfer window, preferably two. We aren't going up or down this season, and we will have to sell from our already bloated squad to afford to buy. He needs to have a chance to get in players he wants, rather than the sicknotes and carthorses Warnock left him with. The players themselves aren't bad, but they've been taught to play one way and one way only, and it takes a lot of time to drill out of that. At least we know 5atb won't work.
    Out of interest, would you have given Trollope one or two transfer windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I agree with that.
    I hope Harris proves me wrong but I don't believe he will improve us no matter how many transfer Windows he gets.
    Performances have been poor with little entertainment on offer and it could be argued that its not his team or his players and he can only work with what he has available to him!

However if you're the one picking the team, formation and deciding the game plan then the responsibility lies at your door.

Yesterday we started off with two wing backs with Bacuna on the right, Bacuna has blown hot and cold in midfield but one thing for certain he definitely isn't a defender, so why start him in that formation when we have someone who has played there successfully for his previous club and at international level in Paterson?

After the first goal went in you could see how disjointed the three at the back looked with Sol well off the pace and Flint just f''''ing awful, so why not bring Morrison on after conceding the second goal?

Etheridge was at fault also for the first two goals and could easily have been substituted at half time?

Midfield was none existent with Pack and Vaulks failing to control anything in the middle and what was the instructions given to Tomlin as it appeared he was almost playing out on the right rather than close to Glatzel in the middle where he is at his most dangerous?

Hopefully a one off bad day at the office and nothing more concerning like the players aren't performing for the new manager.
    Around 1978? on Boxing day I watched us get tore apart 5 0 at Brighton and a week or so later the same score at Cambridge, the worst one was 7 1 at Luton year or two earlier
    On those days the team lacked any fighting spirit and just looked like they were going through the motions, it looked a lot like that to me yesterday!

Harris wouldn't have been too many fans first choice as our manager it's fair to say, hopefully it's only the fans that have felt disappointment at this uninspiring choice and not the playing staff?

As I said earlier I hope he proves me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    We are mid table , wont go down and are an outside bet for the play offs
    Funny how every time a chance opens up to actually move into the playoffs, we fail spectacularly. This lot know they are not up to the challenge, if they could end the season now sitting in 10/12th they would take it allday long.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I hope Harris proves me wrong but I don't believe he will improve us no matter how many transfer Windows he gets.
    Performances have been poor with little entertainment on offer and it could be argued that its not his team or his players and he can only work with what he has available to him!

However if you're the one picking the team, formation and deciding the game plan then the responsibility lies at your door.

Yesterday we started off with two wing backs with Bacuna on the right, Bacuna has blown hot and cold in midfield but one thing for certain he definitely isn't a defender, so why start him in that formation when we have someone who has played there successfully for his previous club and at international level in Paterson?

After the first goal went in you could see how disjointed the three at the back looked with Sol well off the pace and Flint just f''''ing awful, so why not bring Morrison on after conceding the second goal?

Etheridge was at fault also for the first two goals and could easily have been substituted at half time?

Midfield was none existent with Pack and Vaulks failing to control anything in the middle and what was the instructions given to Tomlin as it appeared he was almost playing out on the right rather than close to Glatzel in the middle where he is at his most dangerous?

Hopefully a one off bad day at the office and nothing more concerning like the players aren't performing for the new manager.
    Around 1978? on Boxing day I watched us get tore apart 5 0 at Brighton and a week or so later the same score at Cambridge, the worst one was 7 1 at Luton year or two earlier
    On those days the team lacked any fighting spirit and just looked like they were going through the motions, it looked a lot like that to me yesterday!

Harris wouldn't have been too many fans first choice as our manager it's fair to say, hopefully it's only the fans that have felt disappointment at this uninspiring choice and not the playing staff?

As I said earlier I hope he proves me wrong
    Lots I agree with here especially the penultimate paragraph.

I don’t know if anyone on here watched Arsenal vs Man United last night but Robin Van Persie was on as a pundit (not a player obvs!). He was an excellent counterpoint to Rio’s complete refusal to be objective about OGS, and made some interesting comments about players being ‘a little bit scared’ of the coach. I can’t believe that any are of OGS and the results suggest exactly that, but I do wonder how much respect Harris commands in the dressing room and if he is ‘feared’ if only a little. For all Warnock’s failings I suspect that he was.

No doubt if we beat Carlisle on Saturday and then Swansea, you will all think that we will win the title. Where were you lot hiding on this board when we beat Sheffield Wednesday last Sunday ? Funny how a bad result brings you all back out.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No doubt if we beat Carlisle on Saturday and then Swansea, you will all think that we will win the title. Where were you lot hiding on this board when we beat Sheffield Wednesday last Sunday ? Funny how a bad result brings you all back out.
    It’s the same people commenting just normal people let results and how we play affect their opinion rather than just saying positive things even when we were embarrassed 6-1.

Cant believe ive read all the above and not a single word about Bamba?????????
    He was absolutely shocking yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It's hardly funny; it's tragic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s the same people commenting just normal people let results and how we play affect their opinion rather than just saying positive things even when we were embarrassed 6-1.
    I don’t fully understand your post, but even an eternal optimist would have struggled to find any positives to come out of yesterday! 🙁 I really wish I could!