+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The next 4 weeks.

The next 4 weeks.

I believe that the month of January is going to be the one of the most important in the Club's recent history. We cannot undo what has been done but when the end of the month arrives we will have a very clear idea of where the future of the club lies.

What will happen in the transfer window. We also have the derby match. The reaction of the players and Manager will tell us much. Also whether we see a statement from the Board which is believable rather than platitudes. If there is nothing then I believe that we will see a significant downturn in our fortunes and support which could last for some time.

Re: The next 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    I believe that the month of January is going to be the one of the most important in the Club's recent history. We cannot undo what has been done but when the end of the month arrives we will have a very clear idea of where the future of the club lies.

What will happen in the transfer window. We also have the derby match. The reaction of the players and Manager will tell us much. Also whether we see a statement from the Board which is believable rather than platitudes. If there is nothing then I believe that we will see a significant downturn in our fortunes and support which could last for some time.
    I agree that it's going to be an important month but think the more significant transfer window is next summer. It would be disappointing if majority of fans asked for a longer term plan then a noticeable number jumped ship after one transfer window, mid-season.

Season Ticket renewals, which were always going to be down after our PL exit, are on sale before the next transfer window. If nothing of significance happens this month then it is inevitable that there will be a large drop-off. I agree that this would be disappointing but such is the nature of football fans. If the board have a believable long term plan for the Club then it would be helpful for the fans to have some idea of what that may be. After all, the pronouncements last summer seem to have gone out of the window.

We won't go up, we won't go down and the club is being run on a smaller budget after the profligacy of the past - so I can't see why 'January is going to be the one of the most important in the Club's recent history'. Seems rather hyperbolic to me, old fruit.

Really? I don’t think anything significant will happen this month. We wont sign anyone and no one will take players like madine due to being on huge wages. Let’s just hope the6 put in a performance to stuff the jacks, for once......

The board remain infatuated with Neil Warnock and I doubt have the slightest understanding that the club is going nowhere. Last week Warnock repeated the nonsense he left us with a top 2 or 3 squad so I expect that’s where the board believe we’re headed.

The only qualification for membership of the board appears to be a requirement to know nothing about football so whatever statement was issued I think the plan would be to continue to make it up as they go along.

Warnock’s massive £49m net spend has left us without a single player of Premier League quality and, according to what Harris said last week, no money so it seems we won’t be investing significantly in January. And having paid way over market price and handed out high wage, lengthy contracts we won’t be able to shift anyone without big losses or subsidising wages.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Really? I don’t think anything significant will happen this month. We wont sign anyone and no one will take players like madine due to being on huge wages. Let’s just hope the6 put in a performance to stuff the jacks, for once......
    we're calling them the6 now are we ? That's really rubbing it in..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    we're calling them the6 now are we ? That's really rubbing it in..
    Looks like the y morphed into the six on the keyboard, how apt.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The board remain infatuated with Neil Warnock and I doubt have the slightest understanding that the club is going nowhere. Last week Warnock repeated the nonsense he left us with a top 2 or 3 squad so I expect that’s where the board believe we’re headed.

The only qualification for membership of the board appears to be a requirement to know nothing about football so whatever statement was issued I think the plan would be to continue to make it up as they go along.

Warnock’s massive £49m net spend has left us without a single player of Premier League quality and, according to what Harris said last week, no money so it seems we won’t be investing significantly in January. And having paid way over market price and handed out high wage, lengthy contracts we won’t be able to shift anyone without big losses or subsidising wages.
    Did he really spend 50 million? I thought we only spent 30 after promotion and we just had 10 back for bobby. The 6 on madine and 5 on glatzel could be the worst but they could yet come good and to be honest in the mental world of football five million seems to get you nothing. Didn’t West Ham spend more than warnocks total budget on one duff player and look where they are? If Tan really wanted to sustain us in the PL he would, he can afford it, possibly follow a model like wolves? You have to know how to run a club and get the right people in mind, and after 10 years I’m not sure he has yet. We’ve never had a top manager, the jacks have had a few and sold them on for example.

Did he really spend 50 million? I thought we only spent 30 after promotion and we just had 10 back for bobby. The 6 on madine and 5 on glatzel could be the worst but they could yet come good and to be honest in the mental world of football five million seems to get you nothing. Didn’t West Ham spend more than warnocks total budget on one duff player and look where they are? If Tan really wanted to sustain us in the PL he would, he can afford it, possibly follow a model like wolves? You have to know how to run a club and get the right people in mind, and after 10 years I’m not sure he has yet. We’ve never had a top manager, the jacks have had a few and sold them on for example.
    He spent around £57m and we've recouped around £20m with the sales of Zohore, Manga and Reid

Warnock spent more than £50m, the £49m figure is net it was provided by Sky Sports. By Championship standards it’s a fortune and more than enough to be showing the rest of the division the way.

I agree you have to know how to run a club. The owner’s refusal to get serious football expertise onto the board and around the football club risks wasting a lot of his money.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Warnock spent more than £50m, the £49m figure is net it was provided by Sky Sports. By Championship standards it’s a fortune and more than enough to be showing the rest of the division the way.

I agree you have to know how to run a club. The owner’s refusal to get serious football expertise onto the board and around the football club risks wasting a lot of his money.
    We spent most of that after promotion though, most clubs do, just like sheff Utd, Fulham, wolves etc all did. It’s no guarantee on success, just look at stoke or boro before them. A decent manager is a must, we will soon find out if we have one.