+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outgoing transfers

Outgoing transfers

Judging by Harris' comments we can expect a few to be shown the door. I will start with:
    Etheridge
    Murphy
    Bamba

Any advances?

Re: Outgoing transfers

Flint or Morrison (not both)
    Bacuna
    Whyte
    Ward
    Patterson

Basically anyone who attracts the attention of another Club.

Anyone we can get money form which is not many. Although I wouldn't sell Etheridge or Morrison.

Surely if Bamba has signed a new contract, he’ll be staying?
    I would expect him to ease into a coaching role.
    I know he had a stinker yesterday (not the only one of course), but he has served the club well over the years.

J Murphy, Bogle, Madine, Connolly (if nearing fitness), Flint, Day and maybe Bennett or Cunningham (if nearing fitness).

Brian Murphy and Armand Traore to leave as short term deals expire.

Maybe a surprise transfer for Paterson - who I like but doesn't seem to fit - who will end up with the side that wins the play offs!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Anyone we can get money form which is not many. Although I wouldn't sell Etheridge or Morrison.
    Etheridge would be the first one to offload IMO - Terrible distributor of the ball, got a decent replacement in smithies and we could probs get about 10M for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Etheridge would be the first one to offload IMO - Terrible distributor of the ball, got a decent replacement in smithies and we could probs get about 10M for him.
    Unbelievable that Etheridge, a really good keeper by Championship standards who occasionally miskicks, is castigated. I'm sure if we saw every keeper of every other club every game in the Championship they, too, would have their share of miskicks, too.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Unbelievable that Etheridge, a really good keeper by Championship standards who occasionally miskicks, is castigated. I'm sure if we saw every keeper of every other club every game in the Championship they, too, would have their share of miskicks, too.

StT.
    <><
    I'm not castigating him - he's an excellent keeper in most respects - but his kicking is consistently awful.

StT.
    <><
    Occasional miskicks? He does it every game, multiple times. His distribution hasn't improved since he's been here.

Excellent shot stopper and has done well since coming here. But if we were offered any type of money he should be let go immediately, he isn't the only keeper out there with great reflexes.

Its going to be difficult shifting anyone.

If we put the whole squad up for sale the only decent offers would be for Ralls and Etheridge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Surely if Bamba has signed a new contract, he’ll be staying?
    I would expect him to ease into a coaching role.
    I know he had a stinker yesterday (not the only one of course), but he has served the club well over the years.
    I would not be surprised if he follows Warnock who is looking to get a job until June.

Off loading: Connolly, Richards, Traore, Madine, B. Murphy, Bamba, Bogle, Smithies, J Murphy... would free up about 100k a week in wages. And I don’t think we’d miss any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    J Murphy, Bogle, Madine, Connolly (if nearing fitness), Flint, Day and maybe Bennett or Cunningham (if nearing fitness).

Maybe a surprise transfer for Paterson - who I like but doesn't seem to fit - who will end up with the side that wins the play offs!
    I'd forgotten that Traore is on the books. Another of Warnock's awful signings

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Quite happy to see the back of all those, but Cunningham out for season.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

It could be argued that it's not in Connolly's best interest to get himself fit. Stay as he is, he sits on a nice contract, that he would definitely not better anywhere else.

Is he ? Played 4 scored 1. Can't say I've seen enough of him to make a judgement, but another player with a really good pedigree who hasn't been given the opportunity here..

Wasn’t he on a short term deal until 31st December, along with Brian Murphy, meaning that they’ll both have been released already.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Is he ? Played 4 scored 1. Can't say I've seen enough of him to make a judgement, but another player with a really good pedigree who hasn't been given the opportunity here..
    That was 2 years ago. He was released then resigned and not played since, pointless signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Anyone that would offer double figures for a guy that can’t kick and takes so long to decide where he’s throwing the ball the other team stop for a cuppa as they get back to organise their shape.

Yes he’s a decent keeper, but nobody is paying that sort of money for a guy that can’t distribute the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Off loading: Connolly, Richards, Traore, Madine, B. Murphy, Bamba, Bogle, Smithies, J Murphy... would free up about 100k a week in wages. And I don’t think we’d miss any of them.
    I think 9 players earn a bit more than 100k a week between them.

CardiffCitySince1927

Players who are not pulling their weight/can go.
    J. Murphy, get him out for god sake.
    NML, more inconsistent than the team! He can score a 25 yard worldie, or miss the ball completely. Two big injuries in two years may hinder his ability
    Smithies, rumoured to be the highest paid in the club
    One of Morrison/Flint if someone came in
    Jazz Richards can go. He’s a walking sick note
    We NEED to keep our midfielders as we haven’t got enough of them
    Connolly can go, he isn’t ever going to get game time
    Whyte is likely to go, if Murphy isn’t and we aren’t fishing for a replacement.
    Might be the best time to sell Tomlin considering age/ability/fitness
    Bogle can go
    Madine may go, but could easily be a back up.
    The reason I haven’t said Traore/B.Murphy is because their contacts have ran out from memory, as they were both signed on short term deals until Dec 31

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think 9 players earn a bit more than 100k a week between them.
    I don’t think so, but maybe. Depends on how much of a % decrease relegation gave.
    Connolly, hardly going to be paid boatloads
    Richards, maybe like 10-15k based upon injury prone
    Traore, would be on peanuts/not here
    Madine, maximum 20k I can see but is arguable.
    B. Murphy, see Traore
    Bamba, see Richards + age
    Bogle, Not signed for much, promotion increase probably lowered due to relegation decrease.
    Smithies, Rumoured highest paid. Signed on PL wages etc. 30k
    Murphy, probably also only 30k.
    7.5+15+20+20+30+30=122.5k/w
    Lower end would be 90k/w

CardiffCitySince1927

StT.
    <><
    Onto this with our disillusioned fans? Smithies has a lower pass accuracy ffs. He’s also a worse shot stopper and rumoured highest paid. For what? Bench work?

I think Brian Murphy and Traore will just be released, but would imagine they are not on great money. Neither has featured at all. I'd prefer to unload Day and keep Murphy as 3rd choice, with Ratcliffe on loan at Barry as further back up.
    We trebled Day's wages when he came to us from Newport, and I understand he was one of their higher earners (£1500pw + bonus)..

Connolly will undoubtedly go. There was some doubt about Richards and Bamba but after Wednesday's showing they can go too, Bamba is 35 this month. Bogle is not even on the bench, Madine still can't score, and Murphy was an expensive purchase who has never met his potential (yet). With NML now out injured we will probably keep Murphy, unless we get an offer, sell him, and bring someone else in.

Either Etheridge or Smithies should be sold as neither can be happy when they are not playing. We could get a decent fee for Etheridge (who I like), and still have Smithies as first choice. But if we have ambition to go up we would be better keeping Etheridge. But he probably would be better off financially elsewhere.

We have an ageing squad which needs revamping. When QPRs youngsters can run us ragged something is seriously wrong. Whyte will stay because no one is going to give us our £2m back. Same for Bacuna and Vaulks.

CardiffCitySince1927

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    Flint or Morrison (not both)
    Bacuna
    Whyte
    Ward
    Patterson

Basically anyone who attracts the attention of another Club.
    Losing Bacuna would be a blow. Best player in our team by a country mile so far this season