+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T We buy any car

O/T We buy any car

Anybody got any experience of using them - heard stories that the final price you get is always much lower that the internet price.

I’ve got an Audi A1 which WBAC is quoting as £12k, the Audi garage are offering to buy back for £11k.

Re: O/T We buy any car

They will offer you about 6

A few years ago they offered me £350 for my 10 year old picasso. I sold it myself via gumtree for £600.

I tried selling a car to them once. We agreed on a price that was, shall we say, slightly reduced, but I was happy enough with.

It turns out they wouldn't accept it without all the documents and with all the ignition wiring dangling out of the steering column.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    A few years ago they offered me £350 for my 10 year old picasso. I sold it myself via gumtree for £600.
    Was it this one?
    11PICASSO2-popup.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Anybody got any experience of using them - heard stories that the final price you get is always much lower that the internet price.

I’ve got an Audi A1 which WBAC is quoting as £12k, the Audi garage are offering to buy back for £11k.
    make sure you haggle with them, they'll "call the boss" but there is wiggle room there. if your car bodywork is mint and alloys not scratched you'll not be far off the quote.
    Their owned by the biggest car auctioneers in the UK so your car will end up there, WBAC are trying to make profit at auction and they'll chip you for every penny.
    Once you agree a fee and your happy it's a smooth journey to getting your money.

I sold my mums Fiesta with them, it was 9 years old but had only under 30 K miles, the online offer price was a little lower than the price s on ebay / autotrader, took it to them and they inspected it and offered me alot less, the faults they found were just silly ( the car really looked decent ) i asked the guy if he felt embarrassed offering me such a price, he said it was just business

Thanks for the info guys.

I took mine to Evans Halshaw, Merthyr. They had an advert on tv saying they'd beat the price offered by WBAC. I emailed the details off and they offered me £8600. I then took the car over for them to view. After they viewed the car they then offered me £8380 which I excepted. I was expecting them to knock at least £500 off their original price.
    I'm not sure if they still do that deal, but might be worth ringing Evans Halshaw.

In a nutshell WBAC only buy off desperate people and they damn well know it. I could punch Phil Schofield’s lights out every time I see their nauseous tv adverts.

If you have the patience try Gumtree. As others have said, expect WBAC to be ultra picky and slash the online offer price. I could weep when I think of what WBAC gave for my late fathers car, but my mother wanted ‘rid’ and they do offer a market for a quick sale with no issues on payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Was it this one?
    11PICASSO2-popup.jpg
    Funniest post of the week by a country mile Made me laugh out loud!

[QUOTE=Toadstool;5034477]Anybody got any experience of using them - heard stories that the final price you get is always much lower that the internet price.

They are robbing bar******

I used Motorway to sell my Dads car. They offered £400 less that Parker’s guide said it was worth, but there was no funny business when they came to pick it up. Just waited for the money to come through and they drove it away. They said it was going to Hull to be auctioned off