Ben Cabango

Ben Cabango (19) v Charlton Athletic

89% Pass accuracy
    100% Dribble success
    3 Aerials won
    10 Clearnances
    3 Interceptions

Remember the name - @MezzalaScout

Seems to be getting a lot of very good reviews from Swansea fans.

I was aware of him last year when he was with TNS on loan but he is also from Cardiff, went to plasmawr.

He will probably get some stick for that when we play them next week but it would be a very one eyed Cardiff fan to attempt to argue he made the wrong choice by going to Swansea not Cardiff. We all know he would not be playing first team football had he stayed in Cardiff.

Swansea have developed a Wales ba k 4 in recent years--Connor Roberts, Joe rodon, cabango and Ben Davies. How many of those would ever have seen any game time at Cardiff? 0?

Promising news for Wales and good luck to the lad.

Re: Ben Cabango

Pains me to say it but wales wouldn’t be the footballing nation it currently is without Swansea’s youth policy.

Right now I’m off to shower that away.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Ben Cabango (19) v Charlton Athletic

89% Pass accuracy
    100% Dribble success
    3 Aerials won
    10 Clearnances
    3 Interceptions

Remember the name - @MezzalaScout

Seems to be getting a lot of very good reviews from Swansea fans.

I was aware of him last year when he was with TNS on loan but he is also from Cardiff, went to plasmawr.

He will probably get some stick for that when we play them next week but it would be a very one eyed Cardiff fan to attempt to argue he made the wrong choice by going to Swansea not Cardiff. We all know he would not be playing first team football had he stayed in Cardiff.

Swansea have developed a Wales ba k 4 in recent years--Connor Roberts, Joe rodon, cabango and Ben Davies. How many of those would ever have seen any game time at Cardiff? 0?

Promising news for Wales and good luck to the lad.
    Good post, I wonder if tomorrow will see some evidence of the "new" approach to youth development at Cardiff City? The categorisation of Jazz Richards as a City Academy product to ensure that Cameron Coxe doesn't have to be picked in the match day squad any more hardly suggests it, but it's probably too early to draw any conclusions yet.

However, like you, I doubt it if Roberts and Rodon especially would be strong candidates for a place in Wales' Euro squad for the summer if they were on our books - perhaps, that may be seen as harsh by some, but, until City provide some evidence that there is a way into the league side for players who have come up "through the system (and I'm not talking about Joe Ralls types who only played Under 18 football for us for one season there), I think it's a reasonable thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good post, I wonder if tomorrow will see some evidence of the "new" approach to youth development at Cardiff City? The categorisation of Jazz Richards as a City Academy product to ensure that Cameron Coxe doesn't have to be picked in the match day squad any more hardly suggests it, but it's probably too early to draw any conclusions yet.

However, like you, I doubt it if Roberts and Rodon especially would be strong candidates for a place in Wales' Euro squad for the summer if they were on our books - perhaps, that may be seen as harsh by some, but, until City provide some evidence that there is a way into the league side for players who have come up "through the system (and I'm not talking about Joe Ralls types who only played Under 18 football for us for one season there), I think it's a reasonable thing to say.
    Reasonable and predictable 😜

I expect to see some come through this season. Certainly Come, if he doesn't start tomorrow something is wrong with either him or the club. Brown possibly, although he's not Welsh. I have always been impressed with James Waite, but he's on loan last Weston Super Mare.

Have to be honest as much as I distrust Warnock's opinion on young players the fact Harris also seems reticent suggests Coxe and Brown are simply not good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Have to be honest as much as I distrust Warnock's opinion on young players the fact Harris also seems reticent suggests Coxe and Brown are simply not good enough?
    Or results matter and he’s shit scared to go against experience.

Its as if no one is really considered good enough for the step up, from past and present management and coaching teams ??

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Or results matter and he’s shit scared to go against experience.
    Worked well at qpr

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Worked well at qpr
    Hilarious