+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Iran.....

Re: Iran.....

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Who the truth appears:

""Donald Trump and Iranian General Qassem Soleimani had been engaged in a social media spat years before the US President ordered his assassination.

General Soleimani, the leader of the elite Quds force, was killed in a targeted strike at Baghdad Airport in the neighbouring Iraq in the early hours of Friday morning.

The attack has sparked international concern about tensions rising between the two nuclear powers.

Iran's defence minister has threatened the US with "crushing revenge" in retaliation for the attack, while Moscow said the move will "increase tensions throughout the region."

But back in November 2018, the pair's disputes were played out for the world to see on social media when Mr Trump posted a picture edited to look like a Game of Thrones promotional image with the words: "Sanctions are coming."

It was a reference to the phrase "Winter is coming", the motto of the Stark family in the popular HBO series.""

Bloody TV promoting violence again.
    What was this Iranian general doing in Iraq anyway? I thought these two countries hated each other? The last place I expected him to crop up would be in Baghdad, unless of course he was there being protected by other Shia militants? Surprised any Iraqi army would want him there after all he has done in the region.....

I think Donny should send Giuliani out yo Iran and bring back the 1.3 billion pallets of dollars that (I want peace at any cost Obama) gave to that feckless lot,wonder how much of that money has been used to kill or plot against westerners ?
    Did they put a dollar bill per pallet?

Its a bit naive to think that Donny just did this as a whim . This bloke has been a target and thought , throughout many a presidency, he doesnt determine this stuff, others do it for them.
    I presume Trump didn't wake up in the morning and decide today is the day I will take out Suleimani. There would have been an intelligence briefing identifying what the imminent threat was being posed and a range of options for dealing with that threat. Trump chose assassination of an Iranian General as the best means of dealing with that threat.

I guess that as with Iraqi WMD we will eventually get to know what that immediate threat was and whether the chosen course of action to deal with it was a wise one or not.

My point was did the Commander in Chief take into consideration the volatility of the global region, the consequential impacts and the range of deescalation and exit strategies when making the decision or did he just want to show who is the boss around here?

It seems that political commentators have just woken up to Trump's remark about the 52 targets which include Iranian cultural sites. I spotted that right away after his infamous Tweet was released and confirmed to me that this guy is bordering on insanity. Of what military significance or threat to Americans are such historic sites? I didn't realise that to deliberately destroy such sites was a war crime though - but would that have any affect on Trump's decision making though?

Edit: it is ironic that the collateral damage might kill hundreds/thousands of civilians yet would not be a war crime!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    It seems that political commentators have just woken up to Trump's remark about the 52 targets which include Iranian cultural sites. I spotted that right away after his infamous Tweet was released and confirmed to me that this guy is bordering on insanity. Of what military significance or threat to Americans are such historic sites? I didn't realise that to deliberately destroy such sites was a war crime though - but would that have any affect on Trump's decision making though?

Edit: it is ironic that the collateral damage might kill hundreds/thousands of civilians yet would not be a war crime!
    He tweeted it. The White House denied he meant that. He confirmed that it's exactly what he meant.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What was this Iranian general doing in Iraq anyway? I thought these two countries hated each other? The last place I expected him to crop up would be in Baghdad, unless of course he was there being protected by other Shia militants? Surprised any Iraqi army would want him there after all he has done in the region.....
    The Iranian population is 90% Shia Muslim. Iran is 2/3rd Shia and 30% Sunni. The divide between the Shia and Sunni is similar to Protestants and Catholics in the Christian faith. Saddam Hussein was a Sunni who effectively ruled Iraq for and with the minority third of the population, often repressing and persecuting elements of the Shia population during his time in power.

He declared was on Iran. When the dust cleared after the 2nd Gulf War the Shia became the majority power in the Iraqi Parliament and have reasonable relations, jointly collaborated in the fight against ISIS and Iran is Iraq's biggest trading partner. The Iraqi government also has fostered reasonable relations with the US and has been walking a tightrope between the two powers.

The airstrikes against Shia militia late last year and the assassination of Suleimani. both on Iraqi soil has shaken the rope. The first sign of how the Iraqi's have reacted is their request for all US troops to leave Iraqi soil and the shutting down of the multi-nation task force established to remove the ISIS threat.

All balls up in the air but there are a number on here who think that Trump knows exactly what he is doing and will make the wisest decisions at the right time so I'm probably being overly negative.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The Iranian population is 90% Shia Muslim. Iran is 2/3rd Shia and 30% Sunni. The divide between the Shia and Sunni is similar to Protestants and Catholics in the Christian faith. Saddam Hussein was a Sunni who effectively ruled Iraq for and with the minority third of the population, often repressing and persecuting elements of the Shia population during his time in power.

He declared was on Iran. When the dust cleared after the 2nd Gulf War the Shia became the majority power in the Iraqi Parliament and have reasonable relations, jointly collaborated in the fight against ISIS and Iran is Iraq's biggest trading partner. The Iraqi government also has fostered reasonable relations with the US and has been walking a tightrope between the two powers.

The airstrikes against Shia militia late last year and the assassination of Suleimani. both on Iraqi soil has shaken the rope. The first sign of how the Iraqi's have reacted is their request for all US troops to leave Iraqi soil and the shutting down of the multi-nation task force established to remove the ISIS threat.

All balls up in the air but there are a number on here who think that Trump knows exactly what he is doing and will make the wisest decisions at the right time so I'm probably being overly negative.
    Why do the Iranian people want to get rid of their despot religious leaders?

Some views from liberal middle-east experts.

https://twitter.com/shadihamid/statu...10539432878080

https://twitter.com/hxhassan/status/1213626538236747776

You need to get your TDS sorted ASAP, as it is affecting your thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

Some views from liberal middle-east experts.

https://twitter.com/shadihamid/statu...10539432878080

https://twitter.com/hxhassan/status/1213626538236747776

You need to get your TDS sorted ASAP, as it is affecting your thinking!
    You wouldn't be a dear and point out where I said there wasn't opposition within and from Iranian exiles to the regime would you?

The thin skinned idiot on about plotting more targets including cultural sites.

He really is a ****ing idiot.

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/stat...144002048?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    The thin skinned idiot on about plotting more targets including cultural sites.

He really is a ****ing idiot.

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/stat...144002048?s=21
    That's excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That's excellent.
    I think he may be a part of the resistance, hence why you think its excellent. Why don't you try listening to the real middle-east experts? You may even be able to get good odds on an Iranian uprising by the people, as that is clearly the strategy.

I think he may be a part of the resistance, hence why you think its excellent. Why don't you try listening to the real middle-east experts? You may even be able to get good odds on an Iranian uprising by the people, as that is clearly the strategy.
    So the strategy is regime change. What are your views on Presidents and Prime Ministers who embark on such ventures?

So the strategy is regime change. What are your views on Presidents and Prime Ministers who embark on such ventures?
    The strategy of the Iranian people you dodo.

The strategy of the Iranian people you dodo.
    The Iranian people have a strategy. When did they get together to determine this strategy? And btw if I get good odds on it doesn't that mean its unlikely to happen?

The Iranian people have a strategy. When did they get together to determine this strategy? And btw if I get good odds on it doesn't that mean its unlikely to happen?
    Probably at one of their ongoing demonstrations, the topic usually pops up at gatherings like that, especially when the islamic revolutionary guard are firing bullets at you!

Probably at one of their ongoing demonstrations, the topic usually pops up at gatherings like that, especially when the islamic revolutionary guard are firing bullets at you!
    So they came up with the regime change strategy whilst under fire during a demonstration. I can see why LoM thinks of you so highly.

Of course it could be that this act of aggression could have the opposite effect and get the country to rally around the regime in a way unthought of even a week ago. You may even get short odds on that!

So they came up with the regime change strategy whilst under fire during a demonstration. I can see why LoM thinks of you so highly.

Of course it could be that this act of aggression could have the opposite effect and get the country to rally around the regime in a way unthought of even a week ago. You may even get short odds on that!
    Choose your sources wisely, and try to avoid the TDS endorsed ones.

Choose your sources wisely, and try to avoid the TDS endorsed ones.
    It might be your limited range of learned terms but I am sensing an acronym fetish.

It is certainly true that I dislike Trump, his morality and ability to lead the US. I consider him to be a legitimately elected President but will quite happily point out both the inadequacies of his administration and how he and his followers throw falsehoods around like chaff to smear and belittle opponents. Hopefully where I am not offering opinions my counters are based on facts and evidence.

You of course have a long record of stating that you sit dispassionately on the fence as far as Trump is concerned, carefully weighing up each issue using your perfectly weighted 50% left leaning/50% right leaning twitter feed........................and then come down in Trump's side 100% of the time!

TDS stands for Trump Derangement Syndrome...right?

I know its tough for some to absorb but everything Trump tweets isn't always a reality .

He loves the limelight and its getting him votes and attention ( even CCMB members who have given up on the Labour Party argeuemnts )

Provocative statements are issued by many loops Kim in North Korea , Iranian statements on the destruction of Israel , even Boris in the last election all very effective in their way.

Both Bush and Obama were presented with the option to kill this Iranian loop , but decided not too , some hawks knew by presenting it to Trump now , they had a better chance of executing it .

Its now mad dog strategy ,do something nasty ( done ) , keep saying crap destruction stuff (on going ) to get your opponent on the back foot , as they dont know what will happen next , you appear unstable . I think its a strategy of getting around the table and renegotiation the shit nuclear deal with no cash on offer this time , perhaps USA may other than picking up the funereal costs of Soleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis from the increased costs of flag sales .

Try not take Trump so serous , get out a bit ,get a part time job is my advise ,life goes on

I know its tough for some to absorb but everything Trump tweets isn't always a reality .

He loves the limelight and its getting him votes and attention ( even CCMB members who have given up on the Labour Party argeuemnts )

Provocative statements are issued by many loops Kim in North Korea , Iranian statements on the destruction of Israel , even Boris in the last election all very effective in their way.

Both Bush and Obama were presented with the option to kill this Iranian loop , but decided not too , some hawks knew by presenting it to Trump now , they had a better chance of executing it .

Its now mad dog strategy ,do something nasty ( done ) , keep saying crap destruction stuff (on going ) to get your opponent on the back foot , as they dont know what will happen next , you appear unstable . I think its a strategy of getting around the table and renegotiation the shit nuclear deal with no cash on offer this time , perhaps USA may other than picking up the funereal costs of Soleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis from the increased costs of flag sales .

Try not take Trump so serous , get out a bit ,get a part time job is my advise ,life goes on
    I know you have expressed that you have some difficulties in expressing yourself but do you read your messages before you post them? Some sentences are so mangled that it's impossible to make any sense of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I know you have expressed that you have some difficulties in expressing yourself but do you read your messages before you post them? Some sentences are so mangled that it's impossible to make any sense of them.
    Think you can blame the Enigma M4 smartphone he had for Christmas

Trump tweeted that he was going to take out Iranian Cultural sites if there was retaliation. He also tweeted These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner. Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!

Out of interest how do we tell which of the President's tweets are a reality and which one's aren't?

I consider him to be a legitimately elected President but will quite happily point out both the inadequacies of his administration and how he and his followers throw falsehoods around like chaff to smear and belittle opponents.
    Yet you were one of the chief spreaders of fake news regarding the Steele Dossier & Trump Russia Collusion and you smeared anybody who challenged you

You of course have a long record of stating that you sit dispassionately on the fence as far as Trump is concerned, carefully weighing up each issue using your perfectly weighted 50% left leaning/50% right leaning twitter feed........................and then come down in Trump's side 100% of the time!
    I am not passing any judgement on Donald Trump, that's your TDS kicking in! All of my observations are related to the rule of law and corruption.

TDS stands for Trump Derangement Syndrome...right?