+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Iran.....

Iran.....

Call me cynical but a man facing impeachment may need a distraction.....
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50979463

Heisenberg

Re: Iran.....

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    There's always a tweet. Sometimes there's a handful.

https://twitter.com/goldengateblond/...825337857?s=19

A doom-tastic start to a new year and decade. Don Clinton just lit the fuse for Albert Pike's WW3 by okaying the assassination of Iran's top general. Will they retaliate or will a mass murder event in the USA or elsewhere with the passport of an Iranian national found nearby be the pretext used to kick-off in earnest?

Its a big worry that's for sure.

I know impeachment maybe the popular choice for this action and in part that maybe be right , however this has been brewing for a while, with Iranian incursions into Syria, and Iraq, the oil tanker attacks ,the dislike of Barack nuclear deal, Irans contined support of non-state militant actors, and its alleged support of Hezbollah and Hamas .

Think USA is spoiling for a fight and with Mattis’s gone, the voice of reason left the White House .

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Strangely there were some celebrations in Iraq due to this a action from those opposed to Iran's continued involvement in Iraq's governing.

I'm guessing the USA had a green light from some factions in Iraq to carry out an attsck like this in Iraq soil .

Who the truth appears:

""Donald Trump and Iranian General Qassem Soleimani had been engaged in a social media spat years before the US President ordered his assassination.

General Soleimani, the leader of the elite Quds force, was killed in a targeted strike at Baghdad Airport in the neighbouring Iraq in the early hours of Friday morning.

The attack has sparked international concern about tensions rising between the two nuclear powers.

Iran's defence minister has threatened the US with "crushing revenge" in retaliation for the attack, while Moscow said the move will "increase tensions throughout the region."

But back in November 2018, the pair's disputes were played out for the world to see on social media when Mr Trump posted a picture edited to look like a Game of Thrones promotional image with the words: "Sanctions are coming."

It was a reference to the phrase "Winter is coming", the motto of the Stark family in the popular HBO series.""

Bloody TV promoting violence again.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Strangely there were some celebrations in Iraq due to this a action from those opposed to Iran's continued involvement in Iraq's governing.

I'm guessing the USA had a green light from some factions in Iraq to carry out an attsck like this in Iraq soil .
    There are opposing factions in every country.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There are opposing factions in every country.
    And spies by the sound of it ,this was a well planned exercise, they knew his flight in from Syria to Iraq , strangely by passing his homeland of Iran.

He was probaly carrying out some new humane mission .

Straights of Hormuz probably the first target. Maybe sinking or blockading an oil tanker or two to provoke the USA into further action. Shame we are about 30 years away from our reliance on oil (and fossil fuels in general) otherwise we could stick two fingers up at the whole region. Not sure if the Yanks need Middle Eastern oil actually - aren't they drowning in shale gas/oil over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Straights of Hormuz probably the first target. Maybe sinking or blockading an oil tanker or two to provoke the USA into further action. Shame we are about 30 years away from our reliance on oil (and fossil fuels in general) otherwise we could stick two fingers up at the whole region. Not sure if the Yanks need Middle Eastern oil actually - aren't they drowning in shale gas/oil over there?
    Yes they are embracing fracking ,explains why Iranians are globalising in the region. I think its 4% of Iraq is of Shi'i following who align to Iran and they were being used in this dogfight lead by :
    Qassem Suleimani: the Iranian general 'secretly running' Iraq

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y_to_clipboard

Yes they are embracing fracking ,explains why Iranians are globalising in the region. I think its 4% of Iraq is of Shi'i following who align to Iran and they were being used in this dogfight lead by :
    Qassem Suleimani: the Iranian general 'secretly running' Iraq

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y_to_clipboard
    Try as I might I am struggling with how Iran can globalise a region.

Around two thirds of Iraq is Shia Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Try as I might I am struggling with how Iran can globalise a region.

Around two thirds of Iraq is Shia Muslim.
    Find it strange your not aware of their growing influences in Iraq , Lebanon, and Syria ??

Not forgetting Iran has fast become Iraq's largest trading partner and has become under a Shi'ite governance .

Majority of Iraq are Muslim Arabs

Iran is an expansionist power, pushing their influence of the Shiite branch of Islam across the Middle East.

And of course the 8 year war between Iraq and Iran may explain not everyone us the best of buddies.

Find it strange your not aware of their growing influences in Iraq , Lebanon, and Syria ??

Not forgetting Iran has fast become Iraq's largest trading partner and has become under a Shi'ite governance .

Majority of Iraq are Muslim Arabs

Iran is an expansionist power, pushing their influence of the Shiite branch of Islam across the Middle East.

And of course the 8 year war between Iraq and Iran may explain not everyone us the best of buddies.
    Do you think that they were seeking to regionalise the region perhaps?

97% of Iraqis follow Islam: 51% Shia and 42% Sunni. 1% of these describe themselves as "Just a Muslim".[50] According to the CIA World Factbook, Shias make up 64% of population, while Sunnis make up 31%. Christianity accounts for 3–5%, and the rest practice Yazidism, Mandaeism, and other religions.

It's a political playbook isn't it?, when in the shite, just launch a few bombs, Job Done
    Maggie's Falklands
    Blairs IRAQ
    Clintons Blow Job
    cnn.jpg

Do you think that they were seeking to regionalise the region perhaps?

97% of Iraqis follow Islam: 51% Shia and 42% Sunni. 1% of these describe themselves as "Just a Muslim".[50] According to the CIA World Factbook, Shias make up 64% of population, while Sunnis make up 31%. Christianity accounts for 3–5%, and the rest practice Yazidism, Mandaeism, and other religions.
    Oh i'm sure it all hunky dory between them all , and not one of them has an agenda or will ever kill one another in the name of their faction or need to control each others politics or demographic

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    It's a political playbook isn't it?, when in the shite, just launch a few bombs, Job Done
    Maggie's Falklands
    Blairs IRAQ
    Clintons Blow Job
    cnn.jpg
    How many got killed because of Kill Bill's blow up job.

They should follow Barrack option and drop pallets of cash into Iran

Looking for a link to American flag suppliers fancy buying some shares , there seems to be loads around the world being abused ,so demand is high .

Oh i'm sure it all hunky dory between them all , and not one of them has an agenda or will ever kill one another in the name of their faction or need to control each others politics or demographic
    I obviously missed the bits where we moved from me pointing out that the Shia make up two thirds of the Iraqi population rather than 4% and you concluding that there might be a degree of disharmony in the country.

I mean the Sunnis under Saddam had 100% of the power for decades until Stormin Norman and George W brought that to an end. In between times Saddam took major retribution on the Shia. The insurgency against the US was mainly Sunni inspired as the natural Iraqi born (I think you call it) majority came to power. Isis massacred who they could particularly Christians and Yazidis.

Still someone with the geo-political acumen of Donald Trump would know all that when he decided to play with the drone that someone bought him for Christmas.

I've spent the past few days topping up my preps. An extra loaf is in the freezer. Some more freeze dried stuff, that will last for years, has also been purchased. Tins of Spam will remain edible for 40+ years but I'd sooner starve than scoff that.

I obviously missed the bits where we moved from me pointing out that the Shia make up two thirds of the Iraqi population rather than 4% and you concluding that there might be a degree of disharmony in the country.

I mean the Sunnis under Saddam had 100% of the power for decades until Stormin Norman and George W brought that to an end. In between times Saddam took major retribution on the Shia. The insurgency against the US was mainly Sunni inspired as the natural Iraqi born (I think you call it) majority came to power. Isis massacred who they could particularly Christians and Yazidis.

Still someone with the geo-political acumen of Donald Trump would know all that when he decided to play with the drone that someone bought him for Christmas.
    Its a bit naive to think that Donny just did this as a whim . This bloke has been a target and thought , throughout many a presidency, he doesnt determine this stuff, others do it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I've spent the past few days topping up my preps. An extra loaf is in the freezer. Some more freeze dried stuff, that will last for years, has also been purchased. Tins of Spam will remain edible for 40+ years but I'd sooner starve than scoff that.
    We have been topping up with stuff since the Tory election win (thus Brexit) medicines, extra bog rolls n'stuff but seriously, whilst WW3 is an exaggeration IMO, this isn't going to end well, nutters on both side of the fence but Trump isn't going to draw red lines and shit, he's itching to go (by the tone of his tweets. John Bolton will be gutted he's still not on board!!).

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    We have been topping up with stuff since the Tory election win (thus Brexit) medicines, extra bog rolls n'stuff but seriously, whilst WW3 is an exaggeration IMO, this isn't going to end well, nutters on both side of the fence but Trump isn't going to draw red lines and shit, he's itching to go (by the tone of his tweets. John Bolton will be gutted he's still not on board!!).
    Made me smile that

I think Donny should send Giuliani out yo Iran and bring back the 1.3 billion pallets of dollars that (I want peace at any cost Obama) gave to that feckless lot,wonder how much of that money has been used to kill or plot against westerners ?