+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Iran.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Iran.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    We have been topping up with stuff since the Tory election win (thus Brexit) medicines, extra bog rolls n'stuff but seriously, whilst WW3 is an exaggeration IMO, this isn't going to end well, nutters on both side of the fence but Trump isn't going to draw red lines and shit, he's itching to go (by the tone of his tweets. John Bolton will be gutted he's still not on board!!).
    Made me smile that

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I obviously missed the bits where we moved from me pointing out that the Shia make up two thirds of the Iraqi population rather than 4% and you concluding that there might be a degree of disharmony in the country.

I mean the Sunnis under Saddam had 100% of the power for decades until Stormin Norman and George W brought that to an end. In between times Saddam took major retribution on the Shia. The insurgency against the US was mainly Sunni inspired as the natural Iraqi born (I think you call it) majority came to power. Isis massacred who they could particularly Christians and Yazidis.

Still someone with the geo-political acumen of Donald Trump would know all that when he decided to play with the drone that someone bought him for Christmas.
    Its a bit naive to think that Donny just did this as a whim . This bloke has been a target and thought , throughout many a presidency, he doesnt determine this stuff, others do it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its a bit naive to think that Donny just did this as a whim . This bloke has been a target and thought , throughout many a presidency, he doesnt determine this stuff, others do it for them.
    I presume Trump didn't wake up in the morning and decide today is the day I will take out Suleimani. There would have been an intelligence briefing identifying what the imminent threat was being posed and a range of options for dealing with that threat. Trump chose assassination of an Iranian General as the best means of dealing with that threat.

I guess that as with Iraqi WMD we will eventually get to know what that immediate threat was and whether the chosen course of action to deal with it was a wise one or not.

My point was did the Commander in Chief take into consideration the volatility of the global region, the consequential impacts and the range of deescalation and exit strategies when making the decision or did he just want to show who is the boss around here?

I presume Trump didn't wake up in the morning and decide today is the day I will take out Suleimani. There would have been an intelligence briefing identifying what the imminent threat was being posed and a range of options for dealing with that threat. Trump chose assassination of an Iranian General as the best means of dealing with that threat.

I guess that as with Iraqi WMD we will eventually get to know what that immediate threat was and whether the chosen course of action to deal with it was a wise one or not.

My point was did the Commander in Chief take into consideration the volatility of the global region, the consequential impacts and the range of deescalation and exit strategies when making the decision or did he just want to show who is the boss around here?
    Your right he wanted to say hey I'm the boss, yes he is provocative in his language and actions , as are the Iranians .

He see's strategies like this to get folk around table , lets not kid ourselves he is no the only influence in this strategy

They tried appeasement ,which has been going on for some time now , in their eyes is not working not my view its his parties view .

The idea if true , that the billions in cash given to Iran has not gone to good causes and has gone into proxy conflicts is appalling . Iran is a big problem in that region , as is the yanks .

Why give them cash ?? Its like a massive money laundering exercise where the money can't be tracked and anything can be bought on the global stage in how ironic dollars they very thing they hate ,its laughable .

I dislike Trump , but I cant abide the ruling class and actions and behaviors of Iran's leaders and military to the region and its people .

Interesting Article and the para extracted form it below ;

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-assassination

"The assassination of Suleimani could not have come at a better time for Iranian hardliners. It has overshadowed their crackdown on protests sparked by economic conditions. Since mid-November the government has been under great pressure because of the death and imprisonment of a large number of protesters "

I think Donny should send Giuliani out yo Iran and bring back the 1.3 billion pallets of dollars that (I want peace at any cost Obama) gave to that feckless lot,wonder how much of that money has been used to kill or plot against westerners ?

I think Donny should send Giuliani out yo Iran and bring back the 1.3 billion pallets of dollars that (I want peace at any cost Obama) gave to that feckless lot,wonder how much of that money has been used to kill or plot against westerners ?
    Did they put a dollar bill per pallet?

It seems that political commentators have just woken up to Trump's remark about the 52 targets which include Iranian cultural sites. I spotted that right away after his infamous Tweet was released and confirmed to me that this guy is bordering on insanity. Of what military significance or threat to Americans are such historic sites? I didn't realise that to deliberately destroy such sites was a war crime though - but would that have any affect on Trump's decision making though?

Edit: it is ironic that the collateral damage might kill hundreds/thousands of civilians yet would not be a war crime!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    It seems that political commentators have just woken up to Trump's remark about the 52 targets which include Iranian cultural sites. I spotted that right away after his infamous Tweet was released and confirmed to me that this guy is bordering on insanity. Of what military significance or threat to Americans are such historic sites? I didn't realise that to deliberately destroy such sites was a war crime though - but would that have any affect on Trump's decision making though?

Edit: it is ironic that the collateral damage might kill hundreds/thousands of civilians yet would not be a war crime!
    He tweeted it. The White House denied he meant that. He confirmed that it's exactly what he meant.

Interesting development .

Another wait and see moment happening

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51104579

European powers have triggered a formal dispute mechanism over Iran's breaches of key parts of the 2015 nuclear deal - a move that could spell its end.

Iran has gradually lifted all limits on its production of enriched uranium, which can be used to make reactor fuel but also nuclear weapons.

It has said it is entitled to do so in response to sanctions reinstated by the US when it abandoned the deal in 2018.

France, Germany and the UK said they did not accept Iran's argument.

The mechanism, set out in article 36 of the deal, involves the dispute being referred to a Joint Commission that will have a minimum of 15 days to resolve the issue.

If the complainants are still not satisfied, they can refer the matter to the UN Security Council, which could vote to reimpose any sanctions lifted under the deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and...anian-missiles

Guess we wont get much hysteria over this report , as we need to point the finger at a country that zapped a terrorists .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and...anian-missiles

Guess we wont get much hysteria over this report , as we need to point the finger at a country that zapped a terrorists .
    Ever thought you might have lost the moral highground in this thread when you responded so sensitively to the death of 176 people of mainly Iranian, Canadian and Ukrainian nationality with the following response:

Missile , plane , ooooh nooooo

Interestingly in the US. Up to 10 Republican senators, presumably the anti-Western ones, are so in awe of the Trump Administration's forays into the world of warmongering that they could support a resolution seeking to curb his ability to do it again. Saying that he is too busy photoshopping Nancy Pelosi in a hijab to worry about who he might take out this week.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...-on-war-powers

The Iranian population is 90% Shia Muslim. Iran is 2/3rd Shia and 30% Sunni. The divide between the Shia and Sunni is similar to Protestants and Catholics in the Christian faith. Saddam Hussein was a Sunni who effectively ruled Iraq for and with the minority third of the population, often repressing and persecuting elements of the Shia population during his time in power.

He declared was on Iran. When the dust cleared after the 2nd Gulf War the Shia became the majority power in the Iraqi Parliament and have reasonable relations, jointly collaborated in the fight against ISIS and Iran is Iraq's biggest trading partner. The Iraqi government also has fostered reasonable relations with the US and has been walking a tightrope between the two powers.

The airstrikes against Shia militia late last year and the assassination of Suleimani. both on Iraqi soil has shaken the rope. The first sign of how the Iraqi's have reacted is their request for all US troops to leave Iraqi soil and the shutting down of the multi-nation task force established to remove the ISIS threat.

All balls up in the air but there are a number on here who think that Trump knows exactly what he is doing and will make the wisest decisions at the right time so I'm probably being overly negative.
    Why do the Iranian people want to get rid of their despot religious leaders?

Some views from liberal middle-east experts.

https://twitter.com/shadihamid/statu...10539432878080

https://twitter.com/hxhassan/status/1213626538236747776

You need to get your TDS sorted ASAP, as it is affecting your thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why do the Iranian people want to get rid of their despot religious leaders?

Some views from liberal middle-east experts.

https://twitter.com/shadihamid/statu...10539432878080

https://twitter.com/hxhassan/status/1213626538236747776

You need to get your TDS sorted ASAP, as it is affecting your thinking!
    You wouldn't be a dear and point out where I said there wasn't opposition within and from Iranian exiles to the regime would you?

The thin skinned idiot on about plotting more targets including cultural sites.

He really is a ****ing idiot.

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/stat...144002048?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    The thin skinned idiot on about plotting more targets including cultural sites.

He really is a ****ing idiot.

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/stat...144002048?s=21
    That's excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That's excellent.
    I think he may be a part of the resistance, hence why you think its excellent. Why don't you try listening to the real middle-east experts? You may even be able to get good odds on an Iranian uprising by the people, as that is clearly the strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think he may be a part of the resistance, hence why you think its excellent. Why don't you try listening to the real middle-east experts? You may even be able to get good odds on an Iranian uprising by the people, as that is clearly the strategy.
    So the strategy is regime change. What are your views on Presidents and Prime Ministers who embark on such ventures?

So the strategy is regime change. What are your views on Presidents and Prime Ministers who embark on such ventures?
    The strategy of the Iranian people you dodo.

I know its tough for some to absorb but everything Trump tweets isn't always a reality .

He loves the limelight and its getting him votes and attention ( even CCMB members who have given up on the Labour Party argeuemnts )

Provocative statements are issued by many loops Kim in North Korea , Iranian statements on the destruction of Israel , even Boris in the last election all very effective in their way.

Both Bush and Obama were presented with the option to kill this Iranian loop , but decided not too , some hawks knew by presenting it to Trump now , they had a better chance of executing it .

Its now mad dog strategy ,do something nasty ( done ) , keep saying crap destruction stuff (on going ) to get your opponent on the back foot , as they dont know what will happen next , you appear unstable . I think its a strategy of getting around the table and renegotiation the shit nuclear deal with no cash on offer this time , perhaps USA may other than picking up the funereal costs of Soleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis from the increased costs of flag sales .

Try not take Trump so serous , get out a bit ,get a part time job is my advise ,life goes on

I know its tough for some to absorb but everything Trump tweets isn't always a reality .

He loves the limelight and its getting him votes and attention ( even CCMB members who have given up on the Labour Party argeuemnts )

Provocative statements are issued by many loops Kim in North Korea , Iranian statements on the destruction of Israel , even Boris in the last election all very effective in their way.

Both Bush and Obama were presented with the option to kill this Iranian loop , but decided not too , some hawks knew by presenting it to Trump now , they had a better chance of executing it .

Its now mad dog strategy ,do something nasty ( done ) , keep saying crap destruction stuff (on going ) to get your opponent on the back foot , as they dont know what will happen next , you appear unstable . I think its a strategy of getting around the table and renegotiation the shit nuclear deal with no cash on offer this time , perhaps USA may other than picking up the funereal costs of Soleimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis from the increased costs of flag sales .

Try not take Trump so serous , get out a bit ,get a part time job is my advise ,life goes on
    I know you have expressed that you have some difficulties in expressing yourself but do you read your messages before you post them? Some sentences are so mangled that it's impossible to make any sense of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I know you have expressed that you have some difficulties in expressing yourself but do you read your messages before you post them? Some sentences are so mangled that it's impossible to make any sense of them.
    Think you can blame the Enigma M4 smartphone he had for Christmas

Think you can blame the Enigma M4 smartphone he had for Christmas
    I try my best can't use a phone

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Donald taught me, keeps folks on there toes .

Thanks for pointing it out ,I am slightly dyslexic , even after many reads miss spelling a word or looking at the presentation of my words I still cannot see its correct order or content I'm guessing you get the gist ( is that even a word ) Your the lucky ones I guess .

"" provocative statements are issued by many loops around the world like old Kim in North Korea and nutty Iranian leaders "

Trump tweeted that he was going to take out Iranian Cultural sites if there was retaliation. He also tweeted These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner. Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!

Out of interest how do we tell which of the President's tweets are a reality and which one's aren't?