+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movie/TV Recommendations 2020

Re: Movie/TV Recommendations 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Watched ‘Walk The Line’ biographical about Johnny Cash over the weekend and enjoyed it. I’m no film buff mind.
    Fantastic film.

This thread should be popular soon

Just binged The Stranger on Netflix... pretty good... 7/10

Just started The English Game.... looks promising

I'm watching a French tv series called the Bureau - onto the 4th season and it's been very entertaining so far.

Watched IT last night. Better than I thought but some of the child actors grated so 6:5/10

Loved the Apollo 11 documentary on Netflix. Fantastic footage of the first moon landing in 1969. Just brilliant 9/10.

Anyone seen The Hunt?

Not sure if it was released just before the cinemas started to close down and/or whether it is available on line or in Sky Store or Curzon Cinema?

Mixed reviews - helped by Trump attacking it - but not sure if it is a satire on the 'Trump base' or on 'liberal elites'?

Ozark and Narcos Mexico both on Netflix, 2 of the best series I’ve seen. Can watch them over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Ozark and Narcos Mexico both on Netflix, 2 of the best series I’ve seen. Can watch them over and over.
    I love Narcos and I gather México 2 is much better than the last series and up to the standards of the first three series.
    Not sure I will stick with Ozark. It’s very repetitive and I don’t like any of the characters.
    For me Better Call Saul is the best thing on Netflix. Right up there with Breaking Bad.

If you enjoyed Jojo rabbit give Hunt for the wilderpeople and what we do in the shadows a watch. Both great films.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Just started it, looks good
    Got better as it went on for me, was hooked by the end.

The Stranger and Safe on Netflix.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Is it on Netflix?

Yes

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

If you like zombies style/ plague infected action try Kingdom on Netflix

Some good gory action and nice plot twists
    Set in 15th and 16th century Joseon Era, Korea, Kingdom portrays how easily the foundation of an empire can crumble and create havoc amongst the people, in the wake of a terrifying plague.

Two seasons. Try not to start at Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    If you like zombies style/ plague infected action try Kingdom on Netflix

Some good gory action and nice plot twists
    Set in 15th and 16th century Joseon Era, Korea, Kingdom portrays how easily the foundation of an empire can crumble and create havoc amongst the people, in the wake of a terrifying plague.

Two seasons. Try not to start at Season 2
    Where did all the ‘seasons’ thing come from? It seems that every series has become season, surely there can only be 4 seasons. I’m going to start a series protest

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Where did all the ‘seasons’ thing come from? It seems that every series has become season, surely there can only be 4 seasons. I’m going to start a series protest
    Amen to all of that.

Bump - Ta

Bump...

Ozark Season 3 has been great so far....

I also just finished watching an oldie on Amazon Prime...which I’d missed first time round... The Shield... how did I ever miss that... 7 seasons of utter brilliance... I was so sad to finish it yesterday

I highly recommend War of the world's on sky. It is brilliant. Not one for getting into TV series usually but glad I've started watching this new TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I think in other countries a series has always been the collective name for the whole thing and season for each individual "season". I think we've just adjusted to using that because a lot of the media we consume comes from american companies and that's how it's listed but I don't think it's wrong because in other languages season and series are used in that way too.

Just seen this tread, a few weeks ago my daughter decided to get Netflix for the house

So what do i watch

I loved Breaking Bad and am currently addicted to Walking dead, enjoy a gangster / drug lord film or series

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Just seen this tread, a few weeks ago my daughter decided to get Netflix for the house

So what do i watch

I loved Breaking Bad and am currently addicted to Walking dead, enjoy a gangster / drug lord film or series
    Watch Ozark

So what do i watch

Get out mame and batter it for 4 hours a night like I have.

The Pianist. Very powerful and well directed. A strong 8/10.
    Captain Fantastic. I really enjoyed this. Great cinematography and soundtrack 7/10.
    Straight Outta Compton charts the rise of Dr Dre and Ice Cube. Very good 8/10.

So what do i watch

Have you watched Better Call Saul? With each series it is more and more like Breaking Bad and just as good.
    If you like gangster stuff you should watch Narcos which is great.

Succession is very good