+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Movie/TV Recommendations 2020

Re: Movie/TV Recommendations 2020

Saw The Gentleman last night. Thoroughly entertaining and at times very funny. Won’t hesitate to watch it again. Comfortably 8/10

I watched Dolemite is my Name last night. If you're just looking for a decent comedy and nothing too thought provoking, I'd highly recommend it.

I'm waiting for the Power series to finish on Netflix as i will then watch the series in a binge watch, as a filler I have started watching the Crown, not a topic that interests me much but it has had numerous good reviews, and I have found it to be a brilliant watch, about 1/2 way through series 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I'm waiting for the Power series to finish on Netflix as i will then watch the series in a binge watch, as a filler I have started watching the Crown, not a topic that interests me much but it has had numerous good reviews, and I have found it to be a brilliant watch, about 1/2 way through series 3.
    We’ve stuck with Power, seems like we’ve been watching it for years. Very good though. The Stranger was a decent watch and at six or seven episodes was wrapped up relatively sharp.

The Outsider

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Sick of it 2 - Karl pilkington Sky player available to download all episodes.

Also watched a great film tonight called Parasite.
    It's a South Korean movie but don't let that put you off.
    It was brilliant. Thank me later.
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt6751668/
    Told you parasite was good.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/film/who-wo...-live-21465205

Don't watch Birds of Prey the new Harley Quinn film unless you want to waste 2 hours of your life watching a theatrical dance show.

Watched 1917 last night and I really enjoyed it. Not one for war films usually but it was absolutely fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I watched Dolemite is my Name last night. If you're just looking for a decent comedy and nothing too thought provoking, I'd highly recommend it.
    Really enjoyed that!

Also, and I know everybody's talking about it now but I watched Parasite yesterday. The rumours are true, it's brilliant

Watched ‘Walk The Line’ biographical about Johnny Cash over the weekend and enjoyed it. I’m no film buff mind.

Just watched the Daniel Radcliffe movie called Guns akimbo. Absolutely brilliant film.
    A bit like the running man meets Everly. Lots of action all the way through. Really good. 9/10 from me

Currently watching 'Snowfall' in BBC player. US series (about 30 episodes) about how cocaine came to LA in the 70s, following the lives of three or four 'players'. Yes, the subject has probably been done to death, but this is well made, and makes for good watching. Not a documentary, this is a gritty drama (as they say in the Radio Times).

Before that I watched 'The Stranger', an eight part series on Netflix. A pretty good 'disappearing wife' drama, but it requires some suspension of belief in places.
    Last edited by tforturton; 06-03-20 at 18:14. Reason: extra

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

If you like historical shenanigans I enjoyed watching Knightfall

It’s about the fall of the Knights Templars

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    The Outsider

Final episode coming up - or will there be another series?

Watched 1917 last night and I really enjoyed it. Not one for war films usually but it was absolutely fascinating.
    Ditto.
    "filmed in one take" - NOT! You can see breaks as they go through doors etc
    Vey good, though

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    If you like historical shenanigans I enjoyed watching Knightfall

It’s about the fall of the Knights Templars
    Is it on Netflix?

I enjoyed The Hunters.

Saw Parasite last week. Very good - with excellent actors. But thought the writer/director was unsure how to end it.

Watched Dark Waters last night. First 10 mins are a little slow, but then it is totally compelling. I fear for everyone younger and close to me after watching it. It’s a true story and still going on and I cannot believe I hadn’t heard of the case in question. Everyone should be aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Saw Parasite last week. Very good - with excellent actors. But thought the writer/director was unsure how to end it.
    I felt the same too. It was as if they ran out of script and just made up the last few minutes. Really enjoyed it, especially the total curve ball when it all seemed to be heading in one direction. Worthy of best film? Don't think so, but it was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I enjoyed The Hunters.
    Just started it, looks good

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    mandalorian looks promising another star wars story, whats not to like
    Really enjoyed it. Finished it last week. Great arch throughout the series with great episodes.

Reminded me of the 70s TV show Kung Fu with David Carradine. The soundtrack makes all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I felt the same too. It was as if they ran out of script and just made up the last few minutes. Really enjoyed it, especially the total curve ball when it all seemed to be heading in one direction. Worthy of best film? Don't think so, but it was very good.
    Agreed... It's a travesty that an Asian film wins an Oscar and it wasn't the Farewell

... Now that is an Oscar worthy movie.