Quote Originally Posted by CardiffCitySince1927 View Post
I agree, but I believe that’s mostly as a result of Tomlin. This doesn’t mean I want him dropped as he is one of the only creative outlets we have. But playing Tomlin means we have a midfield pairing of the glacial Pack and average speed Bacuna/Ralls.
I'm not quite as sure about this. We both like our stats. I looked at Harris's first 4 games with us and the number of tackles we put in as a team dropped. It wasn't particularly impressive under Warnock this season when Tomlin was largely excluded, yet though it dropped, laying the blame mostly with Tomlin I don't feel is quite right, either. Tomlin has put tackles in and I feel there's been a more general lethargy about the side under Harris than there was under Warnock.

I think the time is right to go with 1 winger, 3 in centre midfield and give Tomlin the other wide position, but a false wide position that gives him the freedom to do what he wants, bit like Jones gave to Whittingham. The reason it didn't work for Jones sometimes is that we didn't have enough graft in the middle.