+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carlisle prediction thread

Carlisle prediction thread

Over to you. I've not got the best feeling about it, but we should win, shouldn't we? It's not as if we've got a history of losing at home to sides well below us in the pyramid.

Re: Carlisle prediction thread

4-1

1-2

1-0.

6-1

6-1

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    6-1
    A pitiful surrender. 0-2. I’m rarely wrong about these things.

1-6

0-0.

I just want to see us try and win the game - last time we did that in a Cup match was the Mansfield replay after the draw had paired the winner with Man City (of course, we then played like frightened sheep against Pep's team).

New Year hangover still with us.

Carlisle to win 1-0

9 January 1971 - City 4-Carlisle-0. Alan Warboys scored all four goals, including a hatrick in the first 9 minutes (still the fastest for a City player I believe). THINK all four were in the first half as well.

I’m with ToBW. If the manager wants to try and go on a cup run, then we should comfortably win.
    I’d love to see us be competitive in the domestic cups again.

Neil Warnock didn't give a flying monkies about cup games which is why we're usually so shite in them. Harris on the other hand might actually care slightly so I'm going to say 2-1 to Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    9 January 1971 - City 4-Carlisle-0. Alan Warboys scored all four goals, including a hatrick in the first 9 minutes (still the fastest for a City player I believe). THINK all four were in the first half as well.
    Yes they were. We thought we had got a real replacement for Tosh. Turned out it was a flash In the pan. Warboys played with a strapped up hammie too. Wouldnt happen today. Be on the physios bench for weeks.

Bluebirds 3-1 Cumbrians

A narrow win for City. Surely they'll want to try and make up for the QPR debacle?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Bluebirds 3-1 Cumbrians
    More like 1:1 and a Tuesday night replay somewhere near Scotland.

2-2, and then a replay at Brunton park where Carlisle sneak a 2-1 win. In both games Harris picks more or a less a reserve side. I'm usually wrong with my score predictions tho, thank feck!

whatever the result it will say a lot about the attitude. losing will reflect the apathy that seems rife whereas a good win will restore some faith in what is still a ‘dog’s breakfast’ of a setup.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I just want to see us try and win the game - last time we did that in a Cup match was the Mansfield replay after the draw had paired the winner with Man City (of course, we then played like frightened sheep against Pep's team).
    I remember the two games against Mansfield. The home tie was barely even a training ground run out. The away tie was far better, only because we knew who we would be playing. I reckon had we been drawn against another League 2 side Warnock wouldn't have bothered.

Interesting to note the two team line ups from those games. It wasn't as if we put the reserves out in the first match.

Home - 0-0

Zohore Healey
    Mendez-Laing Tomlin Paterson
    Halford
    Bennett Manga Morrison Richards
    Murphy

Away - 4-1

Zohore
    Hoilett Paterson Pilkington
    Ralls Damour
    Bennett Manga Morrison Richards
    Etheridge

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    The game that was played on that day was City 4 Sheffield Wednesday 0 in which Warboys scored his first two Cardiff goals after we signed him from that team just before Christmas. From memory, I think the Carlisle game was on 6 March (it was definitely the Saturday before we beat Real Madrid) and you're right about all of the goals coming in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Yes they were. We thought we had got a real replacement for Tosh. Turned out it was a flash In the pan. Warboys played with a strapped up hammie too. Wouldnt happen today. Be on the physios bench for weeks.
    ...still scored 27 goals in 60 appearances though...what would we not give for that these days!!

1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Not sure about his hamstring but he definitely had his arm strapped up.