+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T: Hermes parcels

O/T: Hermes parcels

Never use these clowns. Ever. Bunch of absolute cretins, you might as well put your goods in the hands of the chuckle brothers. Never has a company so desperately needed to go under as this rabble.

Re: O/T: Hermes parcels

Had a couple of things delivered by them.

Never had an issue.

Agree with Nick. Shite company.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Had a couple of things delivered by them.

Never had an issue.
    You wouldn't expect any. For a while, I would receive 2-3 parcels a day and send at least as many. Most were obviously OK, but Hermes was far and away the courier with which I had the most trouble. But that isn't really the issue - things do go missing in the post. The issue is that they do absolutely jack-all about it. There is NO customer service, so you are effectively out of pocket for months while they fail to answer the phone; have any sort of email system; or even respond on twitter. Awful company to deal with.

Another thumbs-up for Hermes; never had any issues with them. I nominate FedEx as the world's worst courier company. UK user reviews below for both outfits. 92% rate FedEx as bad, while Hermes is at 15%.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/fedex.co.uk

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.myhermes.co.uk

Organ, look at the number of reviews. A few hundred for FedEx; approaching half a million for Hermes. Not sure id put much faith in trustpilot anyway but I certainly wouldnt on such a small sample size. FWIW ive had no issues with FedEx but that's not really the point. Of course things will go missing occasionally. The point is that hermes has absolutely no customer service. You cannot speak to anybody regarding domestic services. In a world where it is possible to do everything online, any company that chooses to have an understaffed 9-5 weekday call centre as the only way of dealing with problems is a disgrace- the only logical conclusion that can be reached is that this is done to avoid actually dealing with issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Never use these clowns. Ever. Bunch of absolute cretins, you might as well put your goods in the hands of the chuckle brothers. Never has a company so desperately needed to go under as this rabble.
    agreed. they are utter shite

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    agreed. they are utter shite
    My pet hate company is Hermes. I could list numerous times when items have gone missing/arrived damaged/"delivered" (but proved not to be the case by CCTV)/placed in a dustbin/left in a front bush (😁) with no delivery note/left a delivery note but no item/item left outside the house in full view/no customer service....but I'm awaiting a delivery from Royail Mail.I got to the point where I would ask which company was making the delivery and if it was Hermes, forget the order.

Totally agree with adverse comments about Hermes.
    A few months ago I found a packet lying in a neighbour's drive with an address which was about a quarter of a mile away. I took it to the address. Turned out Hermes driver had just dropped it - probably while sorting thru the mountain of stuff in his car/van. It was impossible to contact Hermes about this using their website. Turned out that the driver was an old Wales rugby international player - fwiw (drove a small dark green van).
    The one tip I'd give is that next time you meet your Hermes driver is to get him/her to give you their mobile phone number, so that you can at least contact them if needed. There is a space for this on their Leaving Card which is rarely filled in.
    Problem with this is that the drivers sometimes switch routes or leave.

Our Hermes driver is an old fella who would turn up at all times, in all sorts of bad weather. My missus orders so much stuff online he must have knocked here every day in December so I gave him a tenner when he knocked here Xmas Eve.

70p a parcel they get. Time they take away their fuel and upkeep of their vehicle they are probably on less than minimum wage.

I think its down to each driver. Ours was completely unreliable and on a few occasions we'd have parcels days after they were s'posed to be delivered.

The new fella we've had perhaps over the last six months has been good as gold. He's a local lad too.

Local delivery drivers for local people!

Our local Hermes delivery is a middle aged couple, I would describe them both as both on the " learning difficultly " spectrum, but they are polite, care about what they deliver and are decent people earning a few quid, they can tell when we are out as the vans are not on the drive and will gladly call back when we are home, they have been doing it for about 15 years, same area, I will miss them when we move, as our new house is in a area that a right knob does

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    as our new house is in a area that a right knob does
    Surely that affects the property value?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Our local Hermes delivery is a middle aged couple, I would describe them both as both on the " learning difficultly " spectrum, but they are polite, care about what they deliver and are decent people earning a few quid, they can tell when we are out as the vans are not on the drive and will gladly call back when we are home, they have been doing it for about 15 years, same area, I will miss them when we move, as our new house is in a area that a right knob does
    We've got one of those as an MP.

Awful company why businesses want to deal with these muppets I'll never know

DPD not much better. They have given me a tracking number that their own system doesn’t recognise

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Awful company why businesses want to deal with these muppets I'll never know
    Cheap...simple as.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    DPD not much better. They have given me a tracking number that their own system doesn’t recognise
    This happens when a parcel has yet to be dispatched.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Ah ok , thanks. It’s been with them since 27th December. I wonder why it hasn’t been dispatched yet.

Ah ok , thanks. It’s been with them since 27th December. I wonder why it hasn’t been dispatched yet.
    . Presuming you are buying, despatch will be the responsibility of the seller....closed for Christmas/New Year maybe. Best chase up the seller in the first instance.

. Presuming you are buying, despatch will be the responsibility of the seller....closed for Christmas/New Year maybe. Best chase up the seller in the first instance.
    It’s a return of a faulty coffee maker. I was ent a prepaid label by the maker. Now I have no way of tracking to see if it got there. Thanks for the help mate.

It’s a return of a faulty coffee maker. I was ent a prepaid label by the maker. Now I have no way of tracking to see if it got there. Thanks for the help mate.
    Did the driver leave a collection slip? You should therefore at least have some proof that its with the courier

Where did you drop the parcel off for return? If you took it to a collect plus shop they should have scanned your barcode and given you a receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Where did you drop the parcel off for return? If you took it to a collect plus shop they should have scanned your barcode and given you a receipt.
    It was a local spa. They give me a DPD ticket with a tracking number on , however they don’t recognise their own tracking number. I’ll have to get the delivery address off the manufacture and apparently DPD can track it that way.

It was a local spa. They give me a DPD ticket with a tracking number on , however they don’t recognise their own tracking number. I’ll have to get the delivery address off the manufacture and apparently DPD can track it that way.
    At least you’ve got proof of return.

Have you tried typing that number in on the online dpd tracker?