+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harris - you've got 90 minutes to save your job

Harris - you've got 90 minutes to save your job

Lose next Sunday and there's no way back for you

Re: Harris - you've got 90 minutes to save your job

I wasn’t over the moon with his appointment, and it hasn’t been great, but you’re off your rocker if you think he’s getting sacked any time soon.

Not a chance he'll get sacked, he's not even had a transfer window yet

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Not sure if you’ve chosen the right user name.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Not a chance he'll get sacked, he's not even had a transfer window yet
    Try five windows. He can't surely change the playing style until that time.

He's got to ship out the Warnock style players to buy Warnock style players to play Harris' version of Warnockball yet.

I for one can't wait.

Do you actually think that a manager who's record reads W4, D5, L2 and who's team are 4 points off the playoffs is going to get fired if he loses on Sunday?

Captain nonsense

Worse than Arsenal TV some of you lot.

Get a grip ffs.

Swansea will rip our sorry lot apart.

I wouldn't even give Harris another 90 mins to find excuses. Awful appointment and the players don't appear to care.

Changing the manager all the time isn’t the answer. The players are not good enough. End of story.

This doesn't sound like Happy Talk to me

I think there's every chance that they'll sack him if there are a few more results like this. Reason - this appears to be a serious meltdown rather than a bit of bad luck, and Mr Tan's massive investment could be very quickly reduced to nothing if it continues.
    Under the previous management we might have been dissapointed sometimes, but it never looked as if we were in danger of slipping into the third or fourth tiers. Even under RS we ticked along.
    At this point though, theyve entirely lost the plot giving away six goals to QPR then just about getting a home draw against a league two team. It's a total Fred Carno's on the field at the moment which I haven't seen for a very long time, and once that happens very urgent and decisive action is required or you'll end up like Sunderland.

Further to that, a heavy home defeat to Swansea of all teams would bring particular pressure

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I think there's every chance that they'll sack him if there are a few more results like this. Reason - this appears to be a serious meltdown rather than a bit of bad luck, and Mr Tan's massive investment could be very quickly reduced to nothing if it continues.
    Under the previous management we might have been dissapointed sometimes, but it never looked as if we were in danger of slipping into the third or fourth tiers. Even under RS we ticked along.
    At this point though, theyve entirely lost the plot giving away six goals to QPR then just about getting a home draw against a league two team. It's a total Fred Carno's on the field at the moment which I haven't seen for a very long time, and once that happens very urgent and decisive action is required or you'll end up like Sunderland.
    He has only lost 2 though, few decent results, some disappointing performances, qpr was either a sign or something to come or one of those matches which happen to every club at some point.

The cup game is irrelevant, the result today is on par with our cup results over the last six, seven years.

We aren't challenging the top 6 soon but also no worry of relegation. Very much a slade sort of feeling.

Wow.

Just

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    Swansea will rip our sorry lot apart.

I wouldn't even give Harris another 90 mins to find excuses. Awful appointment and the players don't appear to care.
    Steady on. We've been patchy at best since November.

This thread. Jesus wept.

Agree that is unlikely but Trollope only lasted 12 games. In fairness to Harris, his record to date is somewhat better.

Today’s match day squad showcased over £30m of ‘talent’ brought in by Warnock. If you fancy pointing the finger that’s probably the place to start

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Today’s match day squad showcased over £30m of ‘talent’ brought in by Warnock. If you fancy pointing the finger that’s probably the place to start
    I wasn't enthused by the appointment of Harris and from what i've seen. i'm still not, although i'm going to refrain from being too critical at the moment. I hope that people can see the damage Warnock has done, the wasted millions on dross for players who were brought in to suit his Anti Football tactics. I hope people can now see that whatever Warnock was trying to do was never going to evolve, it wasn't sustainable, it was and is detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Changing the manager all the time isn’t the answer. The players are not good enough. End of story.
    Changing the manager can be the right answer providing you appoint the right manager. Anyone with any sense can predict how this appointment ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Changing the manager can be the right answer providing you appoint the right manager. Anyone with any sense can predict how this appointment ends.
    Totally agree with this.

See Trollope for the best example.

If given a choice between having Trollope in charge or Harris to take us in the 'new direction' the club are talking of I would have more faith in Trollope producing it. That is how much I rate Harris. Nothing he has achieved up to this point tells me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    He has only lost 2 though, few decent results, some disappointing performances, qpr was either a sign or something to come or one of those matches which happen to every club at some point.

The cup game is irrelevant, the result today is on par with our cup results over the last six, seven years.

We aren't challenging the top 6 soon but also no worry of relegation. Very much a slade sort of feeling.
    Not so much the loss of 2 games, but the manner of the QRR loss and following that up with a lucky home draw with Carlisle. He could have lost six games by the odd goal without any danger of the sack, but sometimes unfortunate circumstances coincide and cause a crisis.
    SIX goals in a game followed by a draw with a league 2 team are bad enough. The fact that on this form we're likely to be hammered at home by Swansea of all teams must pile the pressure on.
    Such a thing could destroy all confidence and open the way to a horrible run which could rapidly become a relegation struggle, and my point is that only a drastic move could halt that.
    I certainly don't wish it on Neil Harris, but I can easily see him being the fall guy if it goes that way.
    More than anything I can see Mr Tan intervening quickly if it looks as if his investment is losing value

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Totally agree with this.

See Trollope for the best example.

If given a choice between having Trollope in charge or Harris to take us in the 'new direction' the club are talking of I would have more faith in Trollope producing it. That is how much I rate Harris. Nothing he has achieved up to this point tells me otherwise.
    I’m so glad I’ve stopped being reactive to every result. Can’t be healthy.

Sadly I fear the atmosphere will be ugly next week if we lose, and that will be the point of no return for Harris (with some of our fanbase). A few have been against him from the off because the board set him up with Dalman's stupid comments about wanting to change the direction of the club then went and appointed a non-flashy manager. They should have been honest from the off about what the next managers job needed to be.

But he's not getting sacked regardless of what some drama queens are saying. This squad is ****ing shit, I don't care if some of them were PL last season or that they got promoted, the core of the first 11 is different, key players ageing and some of them play like they don't want to be here. A new manager isn't going to improve that despite some fans pie in the sky dream about us playing good football, it's not happening with this side.