+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cup upset at Cardiff as City make it into the Fourth Round draw.

Cup upset at Cardiff as City make it into the Fourth Round draw.

Re: Cup upset at Cardiff as City make it into the Fourth Round draw.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    or "Battling City shock Carlisle".

I couldn't go but as I posted earlier would have gone just to see how City played. What's dawning on all but the very few is that nobody is going to manage this squad into playing quicker, better football. It's almost painful to contemplate how the club has manage to accumulate such an inadequate squad at such a large expense. I think someone summed this up the other day when pointing out that in acquiring Flint, Pack and Tomlin we'd relieved Bristol City [though not directly], of their slowest and oldest trio..

Here's a question Why did Warnock leave when he did ?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Couldn’t get any more money under the mattress perhaps.

International

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Apparently the loss at Abertawe was the trigger, but he was till here for the Brizzle loss which just compounded the issue.
    I got that from someone who knows him personally. I trust the person who told me but you must make of it what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Couldn’t get any more money under the mattress perhaps.

The one bit of positiveness I can cling to after yesterday's shambles is that at we at least didn't do a Watford, and go 2-0 up to a team in a much lower in league than us. Only to have them come back strongly and end up with a draw. Yes, I guess I am clutching at straws. Too many passes went astray, we are far too ponderous and slow and Murphy who I thought would skin their full back time after time was an absolute shower of shite in the first half. Their full back had him in his back pocket. I would go on, but I can't be arsed. There appears to be something very wrong at the club at the moment. I am very surprised we went for Neil Harris, who i didn't at the time and still don't think, is up to the job. If I was a gambling man, I would have thought Tan and co. would have gone with Ian Holloway. An experienced manager like Warnock who has taken two teams up from this division to the prem, Blackpool and Crystal Palace. Not that I wanted him to come here by any stretch of the imagination. But at least he experience of getting teams into the top division. I am dreading next weeks game v the jacks already. Am I the only one?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Apparently the loss at Abertawe was the trigger, but he was till here for the Brizzle loss which just compounded the issue.
    I got that from someone who knows him personally. I trust the person who told me but you must make of it what you will.
    2 losses that hurt more than most which were orchestrated by captain bighead using his million pound stiffs.
    Tbh i didn't think he gave a shit after the jack defeat he just came out with his usual Warnock post game bollox.
    I remember when he came here QPR fans saying he's great for your club initially but he will leave you in a right mess.
    I'm agreeing with them more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Um, what exactly is the revelation here? All you've done is said that losses to Swansea and Bristol were the end for Warnock which is on record. Desperately trying to sound informed, but sadly looking as knowledgeable as Dai Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    or "Battling City shock Carlisle".

I couldn't go but as I posted earlier would have gone just to see how City played. What's dawning on all but the very few is that nobody is going to manage this squad into playing quicker, better football. It's almost painful to contemplate how the club has manage to accumulate such an inadequate squad at such a large expense. I think someone summed this up the other day when pointing out that in acquiring Flint, Pack and Tomlin we'd relieved Bristol City [though not directly], of their slowest and oldest trio..
    I think some think a new manager is just going to come in and all of a sudden these same players are going to be quicker in both physical speed and speed of thought and all round better technically. They are not.

The one player who is good technically - Lee Tomlin - Harris is getting a much better results out of him than Warnock ever did.

Joe Bennett is another who’s game has been tweaked and has been given more licence to get forward.

We don’t have anyone comfortable on the ball to bring it out of defence. We don’t have a really good passer in midfield to pick it up off the defence and pull the strings like a Mcphail or Whitt’s could, so I don’t know why people think with the same squad we can all of a sudden start playing beautiful football.

Yes I want to see that football but I’m also not stupid enough to expect it overnight with this group of players regardless of who is manager.

Neil Harris was an underwhelming appointment, of that there is no question, but changing him after 12 games is crazy. What happens in the next 12 games? With the same players? Do we change the manager again if we are not playing like a Brentford or a Leeds in 12 games? Sack the new manager if he has less points than Harris? A points total that isn’t that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think some think a new manager is just going to come in and all of a sudden these same players are going to be quicker in both physical speed and speed of thought and all round better technically. They are not.

The one player who is good technically - Lee Tomlin - Harris is getting a much better results out of him than Warnock ever did.

Joe Bennett is another who’s game has been tweaked and has been given more licence to get forward.

We don’t have anyone comfortable on the ball to bring it out of defence. We don’t have a really good passer in midfield to pick it up off the defence and pull the strings like a Mcphail or Whitt’s could, so I don’t know why people think with the same squad we can all of a sudden start playing beautiful football.

Yes I want to see that football but I’m also not stupid enough to expect it overnight with this group of players regardless of who is manager.

Neil Harris was an underwhelming appointment, of that there is no question, but changing him after 12 games is crazy. What happens in the next 12 games? With the same players? Do we change the manager again if we are not playing like a Brentford or a Leeds in 12 games? Sack the new manager if he has less points than Harris? A points total that isn’t that bad?
    Good old days........

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good old days........

6 months before I started watching us. Thank ****.

Think I started going in the January / February of that season.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    6 months before I started watching us. Thank ****.

Think I started going in the January / February of that season.
    Is this footage sped up or did Hugh Pugh used to commentate?

I do believe that is John Crooks commentating.