+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Retro Chelsea kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Retro Chelsea kit

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    The mid-late 70s kit with the yellow and white stripe in the side for me.
    Iconic.
    Now there’s a novel idea. That kit tends to go under the radar when it comes to discussions concerning great city kits of yesteryear.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Now there’s a novel idea. That kit tends to go under the radar when it comes to discussions concerning great city kits of yesteryear.
    That kit ALWAYS seems to get a mention when discussing City kits of the past. But as TBG has mentioned, I don't really see the connection with City and yellow. I consider the kit displayed in Bobby Dandruff's avatar as being a classic - that 70's kit just seems dated to me. How long did we have that blue & yellow combination.. 2 seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    That kit ALWAYS seems to get a mention when discussing City kits of the past. But as TBG has mentioned, I don't really see the connection with City and yellow. I consider the kit displayed in Bobby Dandruff's avatar as being a classic - that 70's kit just seems dated to me. How long did we have that blue & yellow combination.. 2 seasons?
    Yeah - it was my first ever kit aged 6 (I think!). Really heavy cotton!

Didn't the white and yellow stripe kit only last 2 seasons? I might be wrong. It was the Tony Evans/Adrian Alston era.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Didn't the white and yellow stripe kit only last 2 seasons? I might be wrong. It was the Tony Evans/Adrian Alston era.
    From memory it was brought in for our 75/76 season

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

The yellow stripe kit went from 75-80 and was replaced by a kit with a nice shirt but way too Chelsea looking overall. Even down to the white socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Ye. It was sarcasm. Soz.