+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neco Williams.

Neco Williams.

In the Welsh squad for the Euros or not?

Think Gunter will go with Roberts, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams there - he's been very good so far today.

Re: Neco Williams.

I thought he was a left back?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I thought he was a left back?
    He played left back for Wales Under 19s in the mini tournament they won in October and looked comfortable there, but he looks naturally right footed to me.

Looks like he’s got a bright future wherever he plays. Unless he gets caught under a cross and then his career will come to an abrupt end.

Can we claim Jones too

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Can we claim Jones too
    Great goal by the lad , we can hope !

Williams looking good at right back .

Real competition for Wales at right back now. It would be hard on Gunter if he didn’t make the Finals squad but he’s had his fair share of Wales caps.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Looks like he’s got a bright future wherever he plays. Unless he gets caught under a cross and then his career will come to an abrupt end.
    One of the issues that Coxe would've had yesterday (and anyone coming up through the ranks) which Williams won't today is that the latter will be used to the system he's playing in, whereas Coxe would've felt like he'd just joined a new team, given our academy don't play in the same way as the 1st team and our u23s is some experimental art project.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Great goal by the lad , we can hope !

Williams looking good at right back .

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    One of the issues that Coxe would've had yesterday (and anyone coming up through the ranks) which Williams won't today is that the latter will be used to the system he's playing in, whereas Coxe would've felt like he'd just joined a new team, given our academy don't play in the same way as the 1st team and our u23s is some experimental art project.
    Blake on the radio was bemoaning the fact that Coxe was making himself available for ball but the midfield were just not recycling it quick enough.

Neco looks a player. Jones is proper scouse, no change of nabbing him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He played left back for Wales Under 19s in the mini tournament they won in October and looked comfortable there, but he looks naturally right footed to me.
    He played Right Back in the game v Russia, Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Neco looks a player. Jones is proper scouse, no change of nabbing him.
    Kidnapping is illegal,if you do nabb him dont ask for a ransom ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Kidnapping is illegal,if you do nabb him dont ask for a ransom ?
    I mean, we are dealing with scousers here

Neco Williams is actually a converted winger, which seems to be a Liverpool thing of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Real competition for Wales at right back now. It would be hard on Gunter if he didn’t make the Finals squad but he’s had his fair share of Wales caps.
    He will be the first choice at some point due to his offensive capability if he keeps on progressing.

Euro 2020 is a bit soon for him, however I'd like to see him in March's squad and should be in serious contention to start in the Nations League

Quite a few Liverpool born players will have Welsh ancestry.The problem is if they are top class players they will pick England.Get Neco capped,
    I used to buy his mothers records.Or was she Nico.

Trouble is for him that unless they move Alexander Arnold further forward or into midfield, Liverpool right back is one of the worst positions in football to be competing for

They had a Williams, Phillips and Jones playing today. Surely we can nab all 3 for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In the Welsh squad for the Euros or not?

Think Gunter will go with Roberts, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams there - he's been very good so far today.
    Rather have some young blood instead of Gunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Can we claim Jones too
    Must have Welsh background with his surname? Isn’t Liverpool the capital of North Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Euro 2020 is a bit soon for him, however I'd like to see him in March's squad and should be in serious contention to start in the Nations League
    Disagree it’s too soon. We’ve been playing Morrell and have featured loads of youngsters under Giggs

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Disagree it’s too soon. We’ve been playing Morrell and have featured loads of youngsters under Giggs
    Morrell plays regular league football, the only important youngster not to be a regular is Ampadu and even he's played more for Leipzig this season than Williams has for Liverpool

Putting him in the squad either displaces our first choice right back for the entire campaign or our most capped player of all time (who's back playing regularly for Reading)

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Morrell plays regular league football, the only important youngster not to be a regular is Ampadu and even he's played more for Leipzig this season than Williams has for Liverpool

Putting him in the squad either displaces our first choice right back for the entire campaign or our most capped player of all time (who's back playing regularly for Reading)
    Weren’t we playing that Smith from Man City before Morell came along? The same Smith that never features for Man City?

I’m not saying we use him, but we’ve got form.