+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neco Williams.

Heisenberg

Re: Neco Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Weren’t we playing that Smith from Man City before Morell came along? The same Smith that never features for Man City?

I’m not saying we use him, but we’ve got form.
    I think Smith was on loan in Holland when he was playing games for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Weren’t we playing that Smith from Man City before Morell came along? The same Smith that never features for Man City?

I’m not saying we use him, but we’ve got form.
    He was on loan at FC Twente

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I think Smith was on loan in Holland when he was playing games for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Morrell plays regular league football, the only important youngster not to be a regular is Ampadu and even he's played more for Leipzig this season than Williams has for Liverpool
    Has he? Williams has started two games for Liverpool first team, I think Amapdu has only started one for Leipzig. Might be wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Has he? Williams has started two games for Liverpool first team, I think Amapdu has only started one for Leipzig. Might be wrong though
    Ampadu has played a total of 48 minutes across 2 games, 10 minutes in one game that they were winning, and 38 minutes in another that they were 7-0 up in. Both times played at centre back

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Ampadu has played a total of 48 minutes across 2 games, 10 minutes in one game that they were winning, and 38 minutes in another that they were 7-0 up in. Both times played at centre back
    He started in the Champion's League though

Hes still only young and plenty of time to get back on course but theres no doubt Ampadus career has gone off track this last 18 months.

Hes 20 this year and no longer that 16 year old next best thing.

I wonder if its going to take a permanent move away from Chelsea to the next tier of teams below the big 6 to get it back on track.

He started in the Champion's League though
    He started one game in the champions League where he played 55 minutes. They were losing 2-0 but fought back to 2-2 after he was off.
    The only other game he played they were 2-0 up and they brought him on with 30ish minutes to go and they ended up drawing 2-2.
    He can't seem to catch a break at the moment. Still very young for that position though

He started one game in the champions League where he played 55 minutes. They were losing 2-0 but fought back to 2-2 after he was off.
    The only other game he played they were 2-0 up and they brought him on with 30ish minutes to go and they ended up drawing 2-2.
    He can't seem to catch a break at the moment. Still very young for that position though
    Youre slightly massaging the facts here. They were only 1-0 down when he started and went off v Benfica and they were 2-1 up when they brought him on v Lyon.

You make it sound like there was a 2 goal swing either way because of Ampadu.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Youre slightly massaging the facts here. They were only 1-0 down when he started and went off v Benfica and they were 2-1 up when they brought him on v Lyon.

You make it sound like there was a 2 goal swing either way because of Ampadu.
    He also played the last 18 minutes of a cup game they were winning 5-0 and finished 6-1.
    He's just not getting enough minutes there for it to be any benefit to him at the moment (although the coaching there is very highly regarded)

Hes still only young and plenty of time to get back on course but theres no doubt Ampadus career has gone off track this last 18 months.

Hes 20 this year and no longer that 16 year old next best thing.

I wonder if its going to take a permanent move away from Chelsea to the next tier of teams below the big 6 to get it back on track.
    Wales-Bales has been frothing at the mouth in a fit of rage since he read this

Ampadu's made 5 appearances, its not many but even he's still played more

As well as that, Ampadu is an established player in our first team, Williams hasn't even been in a senior squad, I'm not doubting his ability, I just think this summer is too early

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ampadu's made 5 appearances, its not many but even he's still played more

As well as that, Ampadu is an established player in our first team, Williams hasn't even been in a senior squad, I'm not doubting his ability, I just think this summer is too early
    Whilst I agree with you it wouldnt surprise me if Giggs included him at the expense of Gunter.

He's played 157 minutes across all competitions.
    This Neco Williams has played 180 in 2 cup games (although is presumably unlikely to get many more minutes this season)

He's played 157 minutes across all competitions.
    This Neco Williams has played 180 in 2 cup games (although is presumably unlikely to get many more minutes this season)
    Hes played more than that if you add on his Wales appearances this season.

Chris Gunter has come back into the fold at Reading recently where their form has really picked up, largely due to a defence thats keeping clean sheets, so that wont do his chances of being included in the squad any harm.

I also think we are going to need his experience at the finals, even if hes behind Roberts in the pecking order.

Chris Gunter has come back into the fold at Reading recently where their form has really picked up, largely due to a defence thats keeping clean sheets, so that wont do his chances of being included in the squad any harm.

I also think we are going to need his experience at the finals, even if hes behind Roberts in the pecking order.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Williams goes ahead of Taylor. He can cover left back, while Gunter can just about cover the whole back 4/5. I think he'll take 4 full backs and 3 centre halves plus Ampadu.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Williams goes ahead of Taylor. He can cover left back, while Gunter can just about cover the whole back 4/5. I think he'll take 4 full backs and 3 centre halves plus Ampadu.
    if its players who can cover multiple positions you wan then step forward Jazz Richards

His is a big influence behind the scenes and very popular with the other players, so I can see him going.