+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What does yesterdays team selection say about the future?

What does yesterdays team selection say about the future?

If we are to believe Neil Harris, he said that the QPR game confirmed what he already knew about certain players. He also suggested some would be shipped out and that certain players were not living up to their reputation. I find it interesting therefore that 5 players who were very poor performers at QPR failed to make the squad yesterday. Pack, Flint, Hoillet, Etheridge and Richards all had very poor games at QPR nd all were no where to be seen yesterday. I get the feeling that this was not a case of giving the senior players a rest. I think he was sending a clear message to them. Thoughts?

Re: What does yesterdays team selection say about the future?

I think the 5 mentioned are safe and were simply rested.

Players like Vaulks, Ward, Bamba, Bacuna,Morrison,Murphy & Paterson were given a run out to see if they could change Harris's mind. Time will tell if that has happened.

From what i've seen and heard of Harris, i believe that he doesn't really know what he's doing or how to get this group of players playing a system that suits them. He's got a job on that's for sure. In part i think down to himself, because at times the football and tactics look alarmingly confused, and the fact that Warnock brought in poor players who can't seem to adapt. Harris is going to have to move quickly in my opinion, we have players who have peaked and are on the decline and others who simply aren't good enough.

Harris is trying to change a system that has been drummed into the players for about 3 seasons.I hate to say this but it will not happen overnight.He needs a bit of time.I was gutted after the QPR game fuming and embarrassed.
    But take out the QPR result and he has not done that badly.If he was a higher profile name he could get away with it. I fear that some people are just waiting for him to slip up so they can jump all over him.He was not my choice if i am honest but he is here now and deserves to be given a fair chance.

We are 3/4 points off play offs , QPR are currently on fire, we could have easily won Saturday, we had great results away to Wednesday and Leeds ??