+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rhian Brewster

Rhian Brewster

Seems the Jacks are on the verge of signing the talented youngster from Liverpool, possibly in time to play against us.

Looks like quite an exciting loan signing for them though I don't think it will help their cause if they sell the more experienced Ayew

Re: Rhian Brewster

It’ll probably help their bank balance, though!

Who is she?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Who is she?
    She's got millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Who is she?
    The last jedi is the best starwars film imo.

Whether he has a girl or boy’s name, amusing though it may be, is the not the issue here. Are Liverpool ever likely to loan one of their plethora of promising players to a Cardiff City team that does not seem to be very good at developing its own players and now has a reputation for playing the sort of football that is not helpful in developing a future Premier League player? If outright purchases in the transfer window are limited or even ruled out then a decent loan signing might be more than helpful. Other teams have done very well out of loans, seemingly, not so us.

Swansea's manager has a good track record working with youth.
    The average age of premier League teams this season is the lowest ever. The high energy pressing and counter attacking games that are prevalent at the moment seem to favour younger players.

We have the highest average age of players played in the division so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Whether he has a girl or boy’s name, amusing though it may be, is the not the issue here. Are Liverpool ever likely to loan one of their plethora of promising players to a Cardiff City team that does not seem to be very good at developing its own players and now has a reputation for playing the sort of football that is not helpful in developing a future Premier League player? If outright purchases in the transfer window are limited or even ruled out then a decent loan signing might be more than helpful. Other teams have done very well out of loans, seemingly, not so us.
    They lent us Grujic

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    They lent us Grujic
    They did, I thought he was largely ineffective and, at the time, was hardly the pick of the Liverpool bunch. Also, they didn’t want to loan him to us a second time the following season if you recall. Liverpool obviously didn’t want their young midfield players getting a crick in their necks watching the ball sail over their heads or their strikers running down blind alleys chasing misdirected hoof balls. So, the question still applies, are we likely to attract a promising youngster on loan given our reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Seems the Jacks are on the verge of signing the talented youngster from Liverpool, possibly in time to play against us.

Looks like quite an exciting loan signing for them though I don't think it will help their cause if they sell the more experienced Ayew

He'd be an excellent loan signing I'd have thought.

Just as well that we are so well stocked in that particular department.......

Brewster's loan to Swansea confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    The type of loan signing Harris could only dream of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    The type of loan signing Harris could only dream of.
    Really hes good is he?

Can't be bothered to look it up but he was something like top goal scorer at the under 20 world championships the English won.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Can't be bothered to look it up but he was something like top goal scorer at the under 20 world championships the English won.
    Think your mixing him up with Solanke of Chelsea.

Brewster was with Coopers under 17s.

I dont think hes made a senior appearance for anyone.

Not saying he wont be a good player but to say we can only dream of loaning a 19 year old who hasnt yet kicked a ball in senior football is a bit OTT.

Sorry your right. It was the under 17's world cup

England won it and he won the golden boot. I don't think we have any chance of Liverpool loaning us players with the way we play football.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Think your mixing him up with Solanke of Chelsea.

Brewster was with Coopers under 17s.

I dont think hes made a senior appearance for anyone.

Not saying he wont be a good player but to say we can only dream of loaning a 19 year old who hasnt yet kicked a ball in senior football is a bit OTT.
    Only one game, but you know facts are facts.

“Despite never having played in a competitive game for the club, Brewster was on the bench again in the 2019 UEFA Champions League Final against Tottenham Hotspur on 1 June 2019 so collected a winner's medal as Liverpool won 2–0.[21]

He made his competitive debut for the club on 25 September 2019 in an EFL Cup match against Milton Keynes Dons.[22]“

Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    In a way I hope he starts. Playing in a side very different from Liverpool with teammates he'll have hardly trained with, let alone learned about what they do, for a youngster in a cauldron of an atmosphere will be a tough ask for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In a way I hope he starts. Playing in a side very different from Liverpool with teammates he'll have hardly trained with, let alone learned about what they do, for a youngster in a cauldron of an atmosphere will be a tough ask for him.
    Just the brace then

League is littered with young loanees or older players who never quite made the cut at the bigger clubs.

In a few years he will be turning out for the likes of villa if he's lucky.

I wouldn't worry about some Liverpool youngster too much when we were cut open 6 times by Qpr. We will have to worry about everyone.

Can just visualise the headlines now. "Teenage loan signing helps Swansea do the double over arch rivals Cardiff City".

Swear theyve signed Mane or Salah on loan ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Swear theyve signed Mane or Salah on loan ffs.
    Not really. Bit of sarcasm, bit of chat about what he's done before. Don't be so sensitive

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Not really. Bit of sarcasm, bit of chat about what he's done before. Don't be so sensitive
    I hope youre not going to be charging me any rent.