+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Things You Miss From 'The Bad Old Days'

Re: Things You Miss From 'The Bad Old Days'

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    On the subject of smells..... smoking. I have never and will never smoke and I am all for the smoking ban, but the smell of mud and fags is just pure football.
    Agreed. I used to smoke up, given up almost a year now. Agree with you about the smoking ban and would've when i smoked, it must've been awful for non smokers in pubs etc. The only problem with the smoking ban in pubs is that it used to mask the smell of the stinking carpet, people and beer farts, and the toilets. I'm not sure which is worse for a persons health

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I remember Rio Ferdinand being interviewed about that game and he confessed he was actually scared when he ran out onto the pitch. Can you imagine today Vincent Tan walking around the pitch and having a gentle word in the opposition's goalkeeper's ear!
    I thnk the interview started about a upcoming game vs Galatasaray.
    He was asked if he was worried about he hostile atmosphere, he replied "No, I've played at Ninian Park!"

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I thnk the interview started about a upcoming game vs Galatasaray.
    He was asked if he was worried about he hostile atmosphere, he replied "No, I've played at Ninian Park!"

I've never seen so many coked up, pissed up absolute fruit bat loonies as i've seen at that game. I'd say that two thirds of the crowd were either pissed or on one.