+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: M4 Speed Cameras

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: M4 Speed Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Average speed cameras along the whole motorway would sort it! Very unpopular with some I can imagine but the ultimate cash-cow surely.
    They work the best no one can cheat those, although I have noticed that when I set my cruise control to say 50, some drivers that seem to be in the know pass me at about 52-55MPH, so there must be some sort of tolerance built in that people are becoming aware of?

It happened to me today on the A470 I was going 50 and passed by quite a few cars?

Re: M4 Speed Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    They work the best no one can cheat those, although I have noticed that when I set my cruise control to say 50, some drivers that seem to be in the know pass me at about 52-55MPH, so there must be some sort of tolerance built in that people are becoming aware of?

It happened to me today on the A470 I was going 50 and passed by quite a few cars?
    That happens to me all the time. Some people cannot tolerate other drivers who stick precisely to the speed limit and must have some in-built urge to overtake at a relative velocity of about 1 mph. There may be also some allowance in the car's speedometer. I notice that although I set my cruise control to say 50, my sat nav shows that I am really doing about 48 mph. The gap gets wider at 70 - something more like 3 mph e.g. 67. I notice the same effect when approaching one of those radar-operated "your speed" signs in 30 mph zones - I am usually clocked at 28.