+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

I didn't rate bacuna today.
    Pack! although big and strong on headers is lost with the ball at his feet
    Once in the oppositions half we slow things down and don't seem to have an attacking plan.
    We give the ball away far too easily due to poor quality players
    The defense were better.
    Hoilett gets caught a lot making love to the ball.

High on effort, low on quality. Everyone put a decent shift in. Can't agree with some of the comments on Pack above. He was the weak link, one footed and slowed the game down when he could have released forward runners.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    High on effort, low on quality. Everyone put a decent shift in. Can't agree with some of the comments on Pack above. He was the weak link, one footed and slowed the game down when he could have released forward runners.
    He gets caught in possession far too much for someone who plays as deep as he does.

They made no subs.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    listening to rob on the radio just nowi cant believe how some of the pundits and indeed fans are content with glatzel... saying hes coming along nice and improving...

blimey!
    you have to hit the ground running... a forward who dont score goals is as good as a 1 legged man in a ass kicking contest

if there are fans happy with the likes of glatzel and happy to wait for him to come good just as good as well look forward to league 1

i dont care if the moore kid is supposed to be the same sort of player as glatzel... dont care glatzel worries me alot... no where near good enough
    He was trying to feed off scraps again (as always).
    No striker is going to be successful in this team.
    Lacked quality all over the pitch and lacked any creativity.

Agree with a poster earlier in the week who said we need signings all over the pitch.

On a positive note, best I have seem Morrisson play for some time.

and swansea are fortunate to be where they are in the league , as are we

I was surprised at how average Swansea were. There was really no difference between us and them in style or quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Much better performance and effort. Defence was good with both full backs excellent. Smithies showed again that Etheridge would not be missed (..and I am a fan of Etheridge). Morrison solid and shows the partnership with Nelson is better....(with no Flint...) . Pack still ponderous and plays too many misplaced passes. Again, as everyone know, the final third was the problem....Hoillet and Whyte didn't so much, Tomlin was pretty anonymous. Glatzel....he did o-k-a-y with what he had.
    Murphy did look dangerous when he came on and certainly had the beating of the full back.
    Paterson also looked as if he was 'up for it'. 50-50 posession eh? Cannot remember either when the opposition made no substitutes. Surprised the attendance was 'only' 28,500 approx, even with the segregation gaps.
    Agree with that.

Today confirmed what we all know: that Flint is a liability and when he plays the team concedes. Whyte also ran around a lot but, bar a few decent moments, his contribution was minimal.

We have no pace in the team anywhere and that is a big problem. No dynamism whatsoever. Ralls can’t come back quick enough but we can expect him to do it all.

And Lee Gregory is the answer up front? 😳

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I was surprised at how average Swansea were. There was really no difference between us and them in style or quality.
    Their style is complete different to ours!

They TRY to play out from the back and rarely send it long. They play to feet and try to keep the ball in the ground - so the exact opposite to us in fact.

The second half today just descended into a bit of a patternless messy but the contrast in styles in the first half was marked.

They showed a bit more quality and yet we managed to fashion more chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    ‘High on effort low on quality’ sums that performance up nicely.

And Pack has no pace and his very first thought is ALWAYS to pass sideways or back 😳

He can only play a CDM role and to accommodate that, the rest of the midfield has to be fantastically athletic.

Wonderful turn on the edge of the box by Glatzel, left two defenders for dead, actually put himself in a one on one situation with the ‘keeper had he took it on a yard or two yet he opted for a sliced left footed shot which troubled the corner flag. No confidence whatsoever!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Wonderful turn on the edge of the box by Glatzel, left two defenders for dead, actually put himself in a one on one situation with the ‘keeper had he took it on a yard or two yet he opted for a sliced left footed shot which troubled the corner flag. No confidence whatsoever!!
    I thought that!

Did the hard part very nicely, but the rest..... :-/

Maybe he just needs a goal?

Overall I was quite happy today.

We didn't lose, and I thought we put in the sort of shift that was lacking in the first derby and v the wurzels.

Would like to see some more pace though midfield and to see Glatzel getting the ball to feet.

As far as it goes I thought that was a decent performance.

Thought Whyte looked miles out of his depth, not unusually. He puts a shift in but doesn't seem to have the ability to beat the full back. I'm quite surprised by how much we've missed Ralls, there seems to be a big bloody hole in the middle of the park when he's not in the side.

On a positive note it was the best performance I've seen from Morrison in ages. Confirms what I've always thought about him really, hes a damn sight better when playing alongside someone with a bit of pace cos he can play on the front foot and attackthe ball without worrying about being caught out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    As far as it goes I thought that was a decent performance.

Thought Whyte looked miles out of his depth, not unusually. He puts a shift in but doesn't seem to have the ability to beat the full back. I'm quite surprised by how much we've missed Ralls, there seems to be a big bloody hole in the middle of the park when he's not in the side.

On a positive note it was the best performance I've seen from Morrison in ages. Confirms what I've always thought about him really, hes a damn sight better when playing alongside someone with a bit of pace cos he can play on the front foot and attackthe ball without worrying about being caught out.
    All spot on 👍

Yes, Whyte is clearly div1 standard. I predicted he would have a good game v Carlisle as that's his level. The sooner he's shipped out, together with half the team the better.
    We desperately need pace in midfield and up top. Until we get that we will be mid table at best.

How low have we sunk, that a performance that seems at best to be mediocre is considered to be a good one? This team really isn’t very good and yet this is what is served up to us week after week...

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    How low have we sunk, that a performance that seems at best to be mediocre is considered to be a good one? This team really isn’t very good and yet this is what is served up to us week after week...
    Absolutely spot on.

Yes, on reflection, I think that you are right.

Not being rubbish, as we have become accustomed to, is now considered a decent effort.

Sad.

You obviously either weren't at the game and had it on tv with your eyes shut or if you were there, spent all your time looking the other way or in the bar. Everyone around me enjoyed the game and atmosphere and thought it was a much improved performance.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

etheridge obviously being looked at... which stinks, huge game and your under contract at city so you should play the best players available to your disposal... yes hes let in a lot of goals but hes not only to blame... you dont drop your 1st choice keeper in the huge game like this
    didnt have to be a genius to see that someone was watching him... sad that harris had to say on record he was dropped for the bad game he had against qpr though... why not just be honest with fans instead

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Yes, Whyte is clearly div1 standard. I predicted he would have a good game v Carlisle as that's his level. The sooner he's shipped out, together with half the team the better.
    We desperately need pace in midfield and up top. Until we get that we will be mid table at best.
    There is nothing like criticising a young improving player who has just made a step up to a higher level, is there. Knock any confidence out of him before he starts eh ? He is obviously considered good enough to play international football and definitely shows potential, if given a chance to develop and improve. Fat chance of that on here is there. He worked hard yesterday backing up his fullback and beat his man on a number of occasions. Certainly not the worst player on the pitch by a mile.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

didnt have to be a genius to see that someone was watching him... sad that harris had to say on record he was dropped for the bad game he had against qpr though... why not just be honest with fans instead
    So now you are quoting and commenting upon/agreeing with your own previous posts !!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You obviously either weren't at the game and had it on tv with your eyes shut or if you were there, spent all your time looking the other way or in the bar. Everyone around me enjoyed the game and atmosphere and thought it was a much improved performance.
    No I wasn’t there this time, although I’ve read few reports and it sounds like the usual durge, to be honest.
    I’m not just talking about this game, though. I haven’t enjoyed a single game this season because of the lack of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Their style is complete different to ours!

They TRY to play out from the back and rarely send it long. They play to feet and try to keep the ball in the ground - so the exact opposite to us in fact.

The second half today just descended into a bit of a patternless messy but the contrast in styles in the first half was marked.

They showed a bit more quality and yet we managed to fashion more chances.
    I only watched the second half. The only thing of note I remember is Patterson hitting the bar. Neither team seemed to have a plan.