FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Sunday January 12th, ko 12 noon
    Live on Sky Sports

Match officials:

Referee: TONY HARRINGTON
    Assistants: Timothy Wood and Daniel Leach
    Fourth Official : Geoff Eltringham

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Need Ralls back in the team desperately.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Need Ralls back in the team desperately.
    Yeah we do. But even if hes back hes not had much game time since November. On the other board someone insisted Bacuna cant be replaced as hes far more mobile than Ralls!!!!!

I can't seem to get myself going for the derby again. I felt the same back in the reverse fixture too.

Of course, I really want us to win but I haven't been counting down the days 'til kick-off like I have done in derbies in the past.

Anyone else a bit like this?

If we get beaten badly is the atmosphere likely to turn as ugly as Swansea’s manager or is that an impossibility?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If we get beaten badly is the atmosphere likely to turn as ugly as Swansea’s manager or is that an impossibility?
    Impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yeah we do. But even if hes back hes not had much game time since November. On the other board someone insisted Bacuna cant be replaced as hes far more mobile than Ralls!!!!!
    It shows how far we've plummeted when a player as bang average as Ralls is needed so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    It shows how far we've plummeted when a player as bang average as Ralls is needed so badly.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Thirded.

All things considered, probably the only game of any importance left this season.

241 Tickets left. All in the upper Nin.

Listened to Hoillet.......after the defeat at Swansea....."Everyone came in the next day to work harder". Doesn't seem to have done much good does it??? Really he sounded like a stuck record.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    241 Tickets left. All in the upper Nin.
    Dont think end block 517 been opened for tickets yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Thirded.
    Fourthed.

However my original post is still correct.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I can't seem to get myself going for the derby again. I felt the same back in the reverse fixture too.

Of course, I really want us to win but I haven't been counting down the days 'til kick-off like I have done in derbies in the past.

Anyone else a bit like this?
    It just isn't as important to me.
    Of course I want us to win, but win lose or draw, it won't define my day.

Etheridge

Peltier
    Nelson
    Flint
    Bennett

Pack
    Bacuna
    Ralls
    Tomlin
    Hoilett

Glatzel

(The team I think he'll go with)

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Etheridge

Peltier
    Nelson
    Flint
    Bennett

Pack
    Bacuna
    Ralls
    Tomlin
    Hoilett

Glatzel

(The team I think he'll go with)
    From what Harris said in the pre-match press conference, Ralls will not be involved:

'Trained this week, so certainly thinking about stepping him up in the coming week. This week might be too soon. He’s had a hand injury so he’s been able to train but not do the physical stuff. We are looking towards the FA Cup'.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-star-17542498

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Sunday January 12th, ko 12 noon
    Live on Sky Sports

Match officials:

Referee: TONY HARRINGTON
    Assistants: Timothy Wood and Daniel Leach
    Fourth Official : Geoff Eltringham
    Mr Harrington is the gentleman who gave Weeds that soft penalty, in our 3-3 draw

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    From what Harris said in the pre-match press conference, Ralls will not be involved:

'Trained this week, so certainly thinking about stepping him up in the coming week. This week might be too soon. He’s had a hand injury so he’s been able to train but not do the physical stuff. We are looking towards the FA Cup'.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-star-17542498
    Well that's bitterly disappointing. Pack is going to have to step up in a massive way in that case, without Ralls I can't see us winning any sort of midfield battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Listened to Hoillet.......after the defeat at Swansea....."Everyone came in the next day to work harder". Doesn't seem to have done much good does it??? Really he sounded like a stuck record.
    Don't you like any of our players or staff or anything anyone at the club does ? Makes me wonder why you bother.

I say it as I see (and hear) it. Having supported City since 1959/60 I think I am entitled to my opinion. Can you truly disagree with what I said?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Don't you like any of our players or staff or anything anyone at the club does ? Makes me wonder why you bother.
    CiK_y9JWsAE1eAH.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    At the moment there is very little about Cardiff City I like. The players are tired and unmotivated, the managerial appointment lacks ambition and the board have shown their hand over the last 18 months to be completely inept. Not mention the standard off field crap, such as the club trying their best to irritate fans with the new ticketing platform and just generally being pretty poor in the PR department.

Nothing wrong with calling out the flaws in the club, and at the moments theres a boat load, with very few positives.

• Cardiff are set to host rivals Swansea in a league match for the first time since November 2013, when they won 1-0 in the Premier League.
    • This is the 29th Football League season in which Cardiff and Swansea have met, but the Swans have never previously completed a league double over their rivals; they won 1-0 in the reverse fixture in October.
    • Cardiff's 1-6 defeat away to QPR was the first time they'd shipped 6+ goals in a league game outside of the top-flight since April 2009 vs Preston (0-6). Cardiff haven't lost consecutive league games since May 2019 (3 in a row).
    • Swansea have lost two of their last three away league games (W1), after going 11 unbeaten on the road beforehand (W5 D6).
    • Defender Aden Flint has had a hand in more home league goals for Cardiff this season than any other player (3 goals, 3 assists).
    • Swansea's Andre Ayew has been directly involved in eight away league goals this season (5 goals, 3 assists), more than double that of any other player at the club.

I've woken up a bit grumpy - couldn't be further from what I've been like on the morning of derbies in the past.

I think one particular factor is the Mid-day KO which I absolutely hate, the weather, and the fact I'm back to work tomorrow morning.