+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

That Roberts is a mouthy wee shit. I kinda like him.

Ward for Tomlin for me.

Paterson for Whyte please. We need his passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
    No problem. Seems strange to broadcast a game and not to analyse it. Is there commentary at least?
    There's commentary, but it's super basic. Just one bloke. Kind of subdued.

Hoilett loves a good Hollywood shot. Shame they don't usually come off, when he attempts three a game.

We could do with Vaulks and Ralls on for Tomlin and Pack. Not a fan of leaving booked players on for this game especially.

Glatzels best game and we sub on Paterson? Come on...

Whyte has out hell of a shift in. Hope Murphy does the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Moby Hick View Post
    We could do with Vaulks and Ralls on for Tomlin and Pack. Not a fan of leaving booked players on for this game especially.
    They’ve been fairly shite too.

Blimey that was close. Come on city!

Murphy playin well.

fair result

It's a draw. Disappointing, but probably fair. A much better performance than the last game.

Lame. Should have stayed in bed.

Can't complain about a draw. I was shocked at how poor the Jack's corners were.

Honestly I'm just glad we didn't lose.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 0 SWANSEA CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Honestly I'm just glad we didn't lose.
    Yep, points aren’t crucial cos we’re not going up. Happily avoid ‘ the double’

We’ll be playing them again next season too

Glatzel was very poor again. Whyte was never an attacking threat as he was constantly tracking back to cover their full back.

Out played in midfield for the majority of the game - and a real lack of composure in the final third.

Having said all that, probably deserved a point, and unlucky not to snatch all 3 with Patos late header

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Glatzel was very poor again. Whyte was never an attacking threat as he was constantly tracking back to cover their full back.

Out played in midfield for the majority of the game - and a real lack of composure in the final third.

Having said all that, probably deserved a point, and unlucky not to snatch all 3 with Patos late header
    Glatzel was b1oody awful and Tomlin's shooting pretty poor. Need to score goals to win games!

Much better performance and effort. Defence was good with both full backs excellent. Smithies showed again that Etheridge would not be missed (..and I am a fan of Etheridge). Morrison solid and shows the partnership with Nelson is better....(with no Flint...) . Pack still ponderous and plays too many misplaced passes. Again, as everyone know, the final third was the problem....Hoillet and Whyte didn't so much, Tomlin was pretty anonymous. Glatzel....he did o-k-a-y with what he had.
    Murphy did look dangerous when he came on and certainly had the beating of the full back.
    Paterson also looked as if he was 'up for it'. 50-50 posession eh? Cannot remember either when the opposition made no substitutes. Surprised the attendance was 'only' 28,500 approx, even with the segregation gaps.

A decent performance, the double not achieved, a good crowd, all in all a victory would have been the icing on the cake but not a bad day for the club.

listening to rob on the radio just nowi cant believe how some of the pundits and indeed fans are content with glatzel... saying hes coming along nice and improving...

blimey!
    you have to hit the ground running... a forward who dont score goals is as good as a 1 legged man in a ass kicking contest

if there are fans happy with the likes of glatzel and happy to wait for him to come good just as good as well look forward to league 1

i dont care if the moore kid is supposed to be the same sort of player as glatzel... dont care glatzel worries me alot... no where near good enough

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    listening to rob on the radio just nowi cant believe how some of the pundits and indeed fans are content with glatzel... saying hes coming along nice and improving...

blimey!
    you have to hit the ground running... a forward who dont score goals is as good as a 1 legged man in a ass kicking contest

if there are fans happy with the likes of glatzel and happy to wait for him to come good just as good as well look forward to league 1

i dont care if the moore kid is supposed to be the same sort of player as glatzel... dont care glatzel worries me alot... no where near good enough
    We're halfway through the season and whilst Glatzel has scored a couple of goals away from home I've yet to see a clean, clinical strike from our £5 million forward. I actually think Bogle looks a more natural goalscorer..

Glad we didn't lose in the end, but a much better performance.

Thought Morrison, Nelson and Pack were the stand outs, a few misplaced passes from Pack but he did very well in 'quarterbacking' if you like and being the main distributor. The front 3 were a little bit lightweight but all in all an improved performance. The summer transfer window couldn't come sooner.