+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This is really stupid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: This is really stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Really? There are plenty of things I disagree with but accept. It's called tolerance.
    I find that people's tolerance/acceptance of something is easy as long as it doesn't interfere with them personally, so they can put their heads in the sand. If you have young children, or in my case young grandchildren, then stuff like transgenderism will affect you whether you like it or not. How can I tolerate the idea that someone could freely suggest to my grandsons and granddaughter that they might like to consider changing their gender and if I object to this ideology, then I will be accused of "transphobia" and possibly of breaking the law. If you think this is far-fetched I challenge you to read this:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...g-on-children/

I have already put out this link earlier, but no one has responded yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I find that people's tolerance/acceptance of something is easy as long as it doesn't interfere with them personally, so they can put their heads in the sand. If you have young children, or in my case young grandchildren, then stuff like transgenderism will affect you whether you like it or not. How can I tolerate the idea that someone could freely suggest to my grandsons and granddaughter that they might like to consider changing their gender and if I object to this ideology, then I will be accused of "transphobia" and possibly of breaking the law. If you think this is far-fetched I challenge you to read this:

I will read your link in a moment but my immediate response is that I would find it surprising if the hypothetical suggestion would come from anyone but the grandchild. In that scenario isn't it best they have someone (not those who have raised your concern) to speak to who would listen and support? Opposing someone in the situation I have described does seem a strange way to spend your time.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I will read your link in a moment but my immediate response is that I would find it surprising if the hypothetical suggestion would come from anyone but the grandchild. In that scenario isn't it best they have someone (not those who have raised your concern) to speak to who would listen and support? Opposing someone in the situation I have described does seem a strange way to spend your time.
    Suggest you read the article before jumping to conclusions!

If you think that your grandchildren are at risk of people going round suggesting to them that they might want to change their gender then may I politely suggest that their ol' grandpa is lost and paranoid in a changing world. Out of interest does it also worry you slightly that seeing two people of the same sex kissing on telly might turn them gay?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If you think that your grandchildren are at risk of people going round suggesting to them that they might want to change their gender then may I politely suggest that their ol' grandpa is lost and paranoid in a changing world. Out of interest does it also worry you slightly that seeing two people of the same sex kissing on telly might turn them gay?
    And also yes I have read your article. Then I had a quick glance at the website it's on. Article upon article of anti trans stuff, as well as other highlights which include "why I befriended the KKK" and "The danger of banning holocaust denial"

I really don't think people decide to change their gender because it was suggested as a nice idea.

Two things
    1 they are not people yet they are young children who are not old enough to make these big decisions
    2 To me it seems the people who are doing the suggestions are parents