+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This is really stupid

Re: This is really stupid

They always say " as a Christian " or " I am a christian "

I don't go up to women and say "as a black leather satan following metal head I object to religious songs in schools "

Strange people

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What scares you about a girl who identifies as being a boy or vice versa ?

The scariest ideology for me is religion , responsible for barbaric laws, religious wars and bloodshed world wide

Now that's scary
    Oh, please! Yes I am a Christian and I know/have known many, many Christians over the years and I don't recall any of us being responsible for barbaric laws, religious wars and world-wide bloodshed. I would like to suggest that the people you are referring to could not by definition be classed as Christians!!

(Edited for a typo)

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The same people who promote the ideology of transgenderism have the same responsibility to point out the possible consequences down the line. As this seems to be a fairly recent thing it will take many years for the true outcome to be known.
    I will predict the future

A happier and more tolerant one for transgender children

Unless you have christian parents

Oh, please! Yes I am a Christian and I know/have known many, many Christians over the years and I don't recall any of us being responsible for barbaric laws, religious wars and world-wide bloodshed. I would like to suggest that the people you are referring to could not by definition be classed as Christians!!

(Edited for a typo)
    Christianity and the various world religions are responsible for barbaric laws , religious wars and bloodshed worldwide

Arabs v Israelis

Hindus verses muslims

The murder of doctors at abortion clinics in the united states

That's all in the name of religion and people arguing whose is best

I will predict the future

A happier and more tolerant one for transgender children

Unless you have christian parents
    I predict lots of adults suffering from mental issues.

(Edited for a typo)
    Agreed, i'm a non believer but grew up around plenty of christians and catholics who aren't hard line or intolerant, they have faith and interpret it and use it as a way to make themselves a better person, the ones that don't are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I agree. It's really stupid of the teacher to not just apologise and say it was a mistake to make that comment as the class was full of girls (bar one) - rather than admitting that he doesn't believe in "the ideology of transgenderism" and the other remarks which would be offensive to the boy.

I was actually going to agree with you and say that it's ridiculous that the teacher could be punished for saying "well done girls" until I saw the teacher's comments.
    He did apologise straight away, the opinions he is stating were just made to the bbc, he did not say it in the class

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    He did apologise straight away, the opinions he is stating were just made to the bbc, he did not say it in the class
    Wait... He apparently apologised but then completely did a 180 and went on the offensive against transgender people, making him look like he was singling the boy out orginally. That's not an apology, is it?

The comments he made were in a letter to the headteacher, not to the BBC. Maybe read the article properly before making judgements in future.

It does say that he apologised when he realised that the pupil was angry, although it doesn't say that he apologised for implying that she was female or for making her angry, there is a difference. He has his views and beliefs and as far as i'm concerned he's entitled to them. The issue at hand is the fact that he doesn't recognise the girl wanting to identify as being a boy, he's openly admitted that. I suppose the problem is that because he's in a position of power and would've signed up to school policy that somehow, the pupil concerned may think that he has a conflict of interests or doesn't respect him-her depending on what you believe. At least he's being honest and true to his beliefs.

They always say " as a Christian " or " I am a christian "

I don't go up to women and say "as a black leather satan following metal head I object to religious songs in schools "

Strange people
    As a music lover, I object to heavy metal being described as music.

And there we have what? That only Christians do not share the belief in the ideology of transgenderism? The emphasis is surely on the word ideology - do you deny that that is what it has become?
    Christians were saying this about gay people 10-20 years ago. Why would you want to keep being backwards on things like that?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If the female pupil is allowed to identify as a boy, then surely the teacher should be allowed to express his opinion on the subject.
    He’s allowed to express his opinion, he’s not in prison is he?

Christianity and the various world religions are responsible for barbaric laws , religious wars and bloodshed worldwide

Arabs v Israelis

Hindus verses muslims

The murder of doctors at abortion clinics in the united states

That's all in the name of religion and people arguing whose is best
    And do think Christ would recognise these people as his own?

And do think Christ would recognise these people as his own?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Christians were saying this about gay people 10-20 years ago. Why would you want to keep being backwards on things like that?
    You missed the point. The implication of the ToTaL ITK post was that it is only Christians who do not share the belief in the ideology of transgenderism - what about the general population? I think this is what CleveVanLeef was referring to when he wrote about the PC brigade. We are led to believe that everyone thinks the same way and by saying something contrary to this automatically labels someone as an intolerant bigot, hence most people keep their real opinions to themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I predict lots of adults suffering from mental issues.
    What from - having Christian parents or having swapped gender!!! I know which one my money is on.

You missed the point. The implication of the ToTaL ITK post was that it is only Christians who do not share the belief in the ideology of transgenderism - what about the general population? I think this is what CleveVanLeef was referring to when he wrote about the PC brigade. We are led to believe that everyone thinks the same way and by saying something contrary to this automatically labels someone as an intolerant bigot, hence most people keep their real opinions to themselves!
    He’s literally being intolerant though.

that would make two of them then.

Ah, intolerant, the favourite word of the PC brigade. Oxford dictionary definition: the fact of not being willing to accept ideas or ways of behaving that are different from your own. In this case, was the teacher being intolerant of the child or the ideology?

Take a look at this article:

https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...g-on-children/

Is this guy being intolerant of children or of an ideology?

Ah, intolerant, the favourite word of the PC brigade. Oxford dictionary definition: the fact of not being willing to accept ideas or ways of behaving that are different from your own. In this case, was the teacher being intolerant of the child or the ideology?
    Why not be accepting instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Of the child or the ideology? Of the child - if he is really a Christian then I would say yes he would be, he would have compassion for the child even if he was not happy with what the child had done, knowing the potential consequences down the line. Of the ideology of transgenderism, clearly how can he be accepting of something he disagrees with!!!

Absolutely crazy a class full of girls and one says she is a boy??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-51034511
    It's a mental health problem.
    There's a number of people who even identify as amputees!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Where will it end though? You’ll be wanting to identify as an intelligent poster next!

dont be absurd.

just kidding mr bee.