Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 132

Thread: This is really stupid

  1. #61

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What about Torys?
    They are all ***** basically

  2. #62

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They are all ***** basically
    Now now Sludge. We’ve all got to be accepting!

  3. #63

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What about Torys?
    A great example of one of the least tolerant groups in society.

  4. #64

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    A great example of one of the least tolerant groups in society.
    Not according to electorate 😁

  5. #65

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Not according to electorate ��
    I don't think the people who voted for them did so because they consider them tolerant mate

  6. #66

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't think the people who voted for them did so because they consider them tolerant mate
    Agreed. In fact, I think there's arguably a growing number of people in the UK who have had a titful of needing to be tolerant towards those who are different and the likes of the BNP, UKIP, Brexit Party and the new more right-wing Tories appeal to them. Labour are anti-semitic - Dreadful. Tories are Islamophobic - great.

    If we all accepted that other people are different, tolerate what we won't embrace, our country would be far better. Instead, some prefer to find ways of making the unacceptance of others acceptable.

  7. #67

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed. In fact, I think there's arguably a growing number of people in the UK who have had a titful of needing to be tolerant towards those who are different and the likes of the BNP, UKIP, Brexit Party and the new more right-wing Tories appeal to them. Labour are anti-semitic - Dreadful. Tories are Islamophobic - great.

    If we all accepted that other people are different, tolerate what we won't embrace, our country would be far better. Instead, some prefer to find ways of making the unacceptance of others acceptable.
    The UK is one of the most tolerant countries on the planet. You are focusing on the minority. There will always be a minority.

  8. #68

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Really? There are plenty of things I disagree with but accept. It's called tolerance.
    I find that people's tolerance/acceptance of something is easy as long as it doesn't interfere with them personally, so they can put their heads in the sand. If you have young children, or in my case young grandchildren, then stuff like transgenderism will affect you whether you like it or not. How can I tolerate the idea that someone could freely suggest to my grandsons and granddaughter that they might like to consider changing their gender and if I object to this ideology, then I will be accused of "transphobia" and possibly of breaking the law. If you think this is far-fetched I challenge you to read this:

    https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...g-on-children/

    I have already put out this link earlier, but no one has responded yet.

  9. #69

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    From reading many threads over many years on this message board, it looks like Christians are now the last group on earth who are shown no respect and are fair game for any offensive taunts.
    Spot on - but don't forget this was predicted 2000 years ago! (Matthew 10.v22; John 15 v18-20). From some of the comments on this forum it seems clear that the posters here would not recognise a Christian if they met one, but they have a common perception of what they think a Christian would be like!

  10. #70

    Re: This is really stupid

    Apologies the above link doesn't seem to work.

    Try this expanded version: https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...g-on-children/

  11. #71

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The UK is one of the most tolerant countries on the planet. You are focusing on the minority. There will always be a minority.
    I fear the minority is growing. The rise in hate crimes and growth of the far right suggests this too.

  12. #72

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I find that people's tolerance/acceptance of something is easy as long as it doesn't interfere with them personally, so they can put their heads in the sand. If you have young children, or in my case young grandchildren, then stuff like transgenderism will affect you whether you like it or not. How can I tolerate the idea that someone could freely suggest to my grandsons and granddaughter that they might like to consider changing their gender and if I object to this ideology, then I will be accused of "transphobia" and possibly of breaking the law. If you think this is far-fetched I challenge you to read this:

    https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...g-on-children/

    I have already put out this link earlier, but no one has responded yet.
    I will read your link in a moment but my immediate response is that I would find it surprising if the hypothetical suggestion would come from anyone but the grandchild. In that scenario isn't it best they have someone (not those who have raised your concern) to speak to who would listen and support? Opposing someone in the situation I have described does seem a strange way to spend your time.

  13. #73

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I find that people's tolerance/acceptance of something is easy as long as it doesn't interfere with them personally, so they can put their heads in the sand. If you have young children, or in my case young grandchildren, then stuff like transgenderism will affect you whether you like it or not. How can I tolerate the idea that someone could freely suggest to my grandsons and granddaughter that they might like to consider changing their gender and if I object to this ideology, then I will be accused of "transphobia" and possibly of breaking the law. If you think this is far-fetched I challenge you to read this:

    https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...g-on-children/

    I have already put out this link earlier, but no one has responded yet.
    Christ almighty, you sound almost as if changing gender is like going out to buy a fridge.

    I have a 6 year old son. If he turns out to be gay, fine. If he converts to Islam, fine. If he feels he is a woman in a man's body, he will be encouraged to explore this to find out if this is absolutely the case.

  14. #74

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I will read your link in a moment but my immediate response is that I would find it surprising if the hypothetical suggestion would come from anyone but the grandchild. In that scenario isn't it best they have someone (not those who have raised your concern) to speak to who would listen and support? Opposing someone in the situation I have described does seem a strange way to spend your time.
    Suggest you read the article before jumping to conclusions!

  15. #75

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Christ almighty, you sound almost as if changing gender is like going out to buy a fridge.

    I have a 6 year old son. If he turns out to be gay, fine. If he converts to Islam, fine. If he feels he is a woman in a man's body, he will be encouraged to explore this to find out if this is absolutely the case.
    I'm not sure how to take your first sentence. I would agree that the way things are going, changing gender will be treated as lightly as buying a fridge but I presume you do not mean that? At what age would you think your son will be old enough to make such decisions and importantly understand the ramifications and consequences of those decisions?

  16. #76

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I find that people's tolerance/acceptance of something is easy as long as it doesn't interfere with them personally, so they can put their heads in the sand. If you have young children, or in my case young grandchildren, then stuff like transgenderism will affect you whether you like it or not. How can I tolerate the idea that someone could freely suggest to my grandsons and granddaughter that they might like to consider changing their gender and if I object to this ideology, then I will be accused of "transphobia" and possibly of breaking the law. If you think this is far-fetched I challenge you to read this:

    https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...g-on-children/

    I have already put out this link earlier, but no one has responded yet.
    If you think that your grandchildren are at risk of people going round suggesting to them that they might want to change their gender then may I politely suggest that their ol' grandpa is lost and paranoid in a changing world. Out of interest does it also worry you slightly that seeing two people of the same sex kissing on telly might turn them gay?

  17. #77

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If you think that your grandchildren are at risk of people going round suggesting to them that they might want to change their gender then may I politely suggest that their ol' grandpa is lost and paranoid in a changing world. Out of interest does it also worry you slightly that seeing two people of the same sex kissing on telly might turn them gay?
    And also yes I have read your article. Then I had a quick glance at the website it's on. Article upon article of anti trans stuff, as well as other highlights which include "why I befriended the KKK" and "The danger of banning holocaust denial"

  18. #78

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I find that people's tolerance/acceptance of something is easy as long as it doesn't interfere with them personally, so they can put their heads in the sand. If you have young children, or in my case young grandchildren, then stuff like transgenderism will affect you whether you like it or not. How can I tolerate the idea that someone could freely suggest to my grandsons and granddaughter that they might like to consider changing their gender and if I object to this ideology, then I will be accused of "transphobia" and possibly of breaking the law. If you think this is far-fetched I challenge you to read this:

    https://www.spiked-online.com/2018/1...g-on-children/

    I have already put out this link earlier, but no one has responded yet.
    I really don't think people decide to change their gender because it was suggested as a nice idea.

  19. #79

    Re: This is really stupid

    Two things
    1 they are not people yet they are young children who are not old enough to make these big decisions
    2 To me it seems the people who are doing the suggestions are parents

  20. #80

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I really don't think people decide to change their gender because it was suggested as a nice idea.
    Don’t you? None of them?

  21. #81

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Two things
    1 they are not people yet they are young children who are not old enough to make these big decisions
    2 To me it seems the people who are doing the suggestions are parents
    Now this is really stupid.

  22. #82

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Let’s be fair. All 3 are nonsense. The talking snake, the Ark and the girl believing she’s a boy.
    But if folk want to believe it, who are we to deny them ?
    But there is scientific proof that transgender people exist. Why don’t you read up about it instead of sticking to a position you’ve just decided upon?

    People were saying exactly the same thing about homosexual people 20 years ago. Why don’t you learn from history and do a bit of research before deciding something is un natural or wrong?

  23. #83

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Two things
    1 they are not people yet they are young children who are not old enough to make these big decisions
    2 To me it seems the people who are doing the suggestions are parents
    You need to read something other than a tabloid newspaper, no children are having anything done to them that is irreversible. Some teenagers get given drugs that delay puberty but any surgery takes place after people become adults and have years of counselling.

    Again the same arguments were made against gay people and kids being forced into an “ideology”. People could try being on the right side of history instead of repeating mistakes by following the odd “story” in a tabloid newspaper.

    I’m sure there will be the odd instance of something wrong being done, but in the majority of cases transgender kids are handled very well. And this needed to happen because of the high number of suicides among people who identified as transgender but never had any therapy of treatment.

  24. #84

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    From reading many threads over many years on this message board, it looks like Christians are now the last group on earth who are shown no respect and are fair game for any offensive taunts.
    Yeah I remember all those national front pages saying being a Christian is wrong, people being beat up in the street for being Christian, people being afraid to come out as Christian, kids being mocked by their teachers for being Christian. What a hard life being a Christian is.

    I’ve got no problem with people being religious, just don’t use your religions “rules” to try and make other people’s lives miserable.

  25. #85

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Don’t you? None of them?
    Yes, I don't think anyone has ever changed their gender because someone suggested it as a nice idea. Please do show me an example of it happening as I like to learn.

  26. #86

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yes, I don't think anyone has ever changed their gender because someone suggested it as a nice idea. Please do show me an example of it happening as I like to learn.
    Surely no one actually believes that

    Some people will believe anything a tabloid tells them ffs.

  27. #87

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Thanks for the info - interesting. Are we seriously expected to believe there are up to half a million people in the UK who are transgender?
    Was there the same percentage in the 70's?

  28. #88

    Re: This is really stupid

    If she wants to be identified as a boy (and I don't have a problem with that) what is she/he doing in a class full of girls!!! Shouldn't she be in a mixed sex school.

  29. #89

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    If she wants to be identified as a boy (and I don't have a problem with that) what is she/he doing in a class full of girls!!! Shouldn't she be in a mixed sex school.
    Says he does not have a problem with it then calls the boy "she/he" and then "he".

    Also, I took the trouble of Googling the school in question and it is a mixed sex school. https://www.goodschoolsguide.co.uk/s...-school-oxford

    Hope that alleviates your concerns for the boy.

  30. #90

    Re: This is really stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Says he does not have a problem with it then calls the boy "she/he" and then "he".

    Also, I took the trouble of Googling the school in question and it is a mixed sex school. https://www.goodschoolsguide.co.uk/s...-school-oxford

    Hope that alleviates your concerns for the boy.
    What alan_corneli, should have said is that the boy should be in a mixed class not an all girls class!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •