+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horror away trips

Horror away trips

Newport county fa cup years ago

Never seen so many nutters in my life

Train to Newport, bedlam all the way to the ground

Bedlam in the ground , city fans using bolt cutters to dismantle a fence the newport county chairman said was unbreakable

Wide scale disturbances on the walk back to newport station

Entire carriage next to us on the first special completely wrecked , all occupants arrested and taken to police cells across south wales

Bloody bedlam

Gloucester city away in the fa cup was hair raising too , that poor little town didn't know what hit it that night

Genuinely felt sorry for the locals and the police on duty trying to control our bunch , it was like something out of the wild west

Re: Horror away trips

What about that time the Exeter massive ran you all over town?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Bedlam in the ground , city fans using bolt cutters to dismantle a fence the newport county chairman said was unbreakable

Entire carriage next to us on the first special completely wrecked , all occupants arrested and taken to police cells across south wales

Bloody bedlam

Gloucester city away in the fa cup was hair raising too , that poor little town didn't know what hit it that night

Genuinely felt sorry for the locals and the police on duty trying to control our bunch , it was like something out of the wild west
    I remember going to watch us play at Somerton Park in the early 1980s I think and it was mental inside the ground. I can remember it quite clearly (if not the exact year 🙈)

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    What about that time the Exeter massive ran you all over town?
    The Exeter massive ran everyone all over town that day

Cardiff took a right leathering

The anti welsh league were out in force in Devon that late summers day

Bloody bedlam

I was at both those games, got nicked at Gloucester for having the audacity to allow a wall to collapse on top of me! The Newport game was in 87 i think, or was it 88? Didn't a County fan get stabbed in a chip shop by a city fan at that game?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Leeds 4-1 Cardiff (FA Cup)

4th January 1975

Football Special

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

4th January 1975

Football Special
    Same here,our transit broke down just by the ground.A very scary thing as i was was with some lads who were mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I was at both those games, got nicked at Gloucester for having the audacity to allow a wall to collapse on top of me! The Newport game was in 87 i think, or was it 88? Didn't a County fan get stabbed in a chip shop by a city fan at that game?
    The county fan got stabbed in a random attack by a group of cardiff casuals at around that time but it wasnt at the game , it was part of a tit for tat feud between cardiff and newport that was going on at the time

It was 87 88 I think , Scott Morris rescued us in the first tie and won it for us in the replay

The county fan got stabbed in a random attack by a group of cardiff casuals at around that time but it wasnt at the game , it was part of a tit for tat feud between cardiff and newport that was going on at the time

It was 87 88 I think , Scott Morris rescued us in the first tie and won it for us in the replay
    Were you a casual, Sludge?

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Were you a casual, Sludge?
    I dressed in a Patrick plastic raincoat and wore Adidas trainers but that was it

You could say I failed the test

Millwall away mid 70's, my best mate who was a Londoner said we could go and meet his old mates, with friends like that who needs enemies? We were a scared pair of schoolkids on a day that left me mentally scarred for the next few years.

Morrys Scott. He was from Swansea, i was at the club when he was there, he was about 6ft 4 and he drove a mini metro, on bus journeys he'd get up and sing Stutter rap by Morris Minor and the Majors. It wasn't very funny.

I dressed in a Patrick plastic raincoat and wore Adidas trainers but that was it

I remember the Patrick raincoats.
    I couldn't afford the clobber back then so had to wait to see what Santa bought me.
    I usually rocked up in a Pringle jumper, Lacoste roll neck, Lois cords and Puma G Vilas daps (same ones every week )

Bloody bedlam

Still, you ended up with an encyclopedic knowledge of Mothercare locations around the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Easter Monday? Are am I confused again? If it was that one it was utter chaos.

Peterborough last away game of season. Arrested for trying to enter a sports ground while under the influence of alcohol. Banned from every ground in the country for 6 months. I didn't even do anything. I was asked by a copper outside the ground where I was going, when I said to the match he dragged me into a police van and I was taken to Peterborough magistrates Court prison until I missed my last train in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

4th January 1975

Football Special
    City ruled on the way to the ground as I remember it, very, very different story on the way back, was like a Red Cross train on the way back. I only stopped trembling last week.

Your memory doesn’t serve you well on this one.
    The stabbing occurred after a lone City fan got into a “situation” in a chip shop with County fans.
    He was from Ely. I knew him well.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    City ruled on the way to the ground as I remember it, very, very different story on the way back, was like a Red Cross train on the way back. I only stopped trembling last week.
    I distinctly remember oblong, orange, clayey things coming towards me in large numbers..

Bloody bedlam

Surely the league game in 1988 was the worst as we were going up and them down and out. More city than county there

A guy from millbank in Ely if my memory serves me right

Was it one of those bright, light blue ones? I remember we played Leeds at home in 1983. All their boys were wearing them. I can remember them getting chased all around the bus station.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    A guy from millbank in Ely if my memory serves me right
    He was from further up in Ely. He merited a mention in the Soul Crew book.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Only 15 at the time.

All I remember was rubble either side of the main road. Demolished buildings.

Lumps of concrete, bricks flying through the night air.

We were on the open end at Elland Road (think they were building a new stand).

All I remember of the match was Dwyer really getting stuck in to Norman Hunter, a tackle that made even Cardiff fans wince.

Found a copper with his dog and stayed as close as possible after the match to get back to the station.

One of life's experiences.

West Ham in the cup a few years later was even worse.

Was on Frankie's coach from Barry.

Bloody bedlam

Thank God we didn't get FGR in the cup then!