+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camarasa coming back?

Re: Camarasa coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And a question has to be asked is he worth that ??
    Of course he isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In Bale's case, he has many seasons of top performances at the very highest level. Camarasa can hardly claim to have played lots of regular football before joining us. He's 25 now, not a kid.

I just have a gut instinct that Camarasa is a tidy player compared with what we have, but that's it. I wouldn't spend tens of millions on him or give him huge wages. There's hardly a clamour of Premier League sides wanting his services.

Had he been consistently streets ahead of any of our midfield last season I'd be genuinely excited at any prospect, but then again we wouldn't be in the running for him again. I'm not saying I wouldn't have him here, of course I would, but I wouldn't spend the earth on him or give him high wages, either.
    He made 116 appearances over 5 seasons in La Liga, as well as 32 in the Premier League last season. We're a midtable club in the Championship bereft of any real creativity, I think we'd be pretty happy to have him

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'd much rather spend our money on Camarasa than two or three "grafters"

Signing him would transform the midfield. A midfield of Ralls, Camarasa and Tomlin in the Championship would be sublime

Won't happen though

Easy on the eye, maybe... but not a tackle between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In Bale's case, he has many seasons of top performances at the very highest level. Camarasa can hardly claim to have played lots of regular football before joining us. He's 25 now, not a kid.

I just have a gut instinct that Camarasa is a tidy player compared with what we have, but that's it. I wouldn't spend tens of millions on him or give him huge wages. There's hardly a clamour of Premier League sides wanting his services.

Had he been consistently streets ahead of any of our midfield last season I'd be genuinely excited at any prospect, but then again we wouldn't be in the running for him again. I'm not saying I wouldn't have him here, of course I would, but I wouldn't spend the earth on him or give him high wages, either.
    What on earth are you talking about

Regular for 5 seasons in La Liga across 3 teams, regular last season in the PL and was our best outfield player along with joint top goal scorer.

Who exactly do you expect us to sign?