+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gary Madine leaves CCFC

Re: Gary Madine leaves CCFC

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    we'll probably buy him back in the summer for 10 mill

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Possibly not the last player we’ll have to give away for free. To be fair ‘our Neil’ shouldn’t be held solely responsible for the club’s disastrous transfer business during his time as manager.

A big shout to Neil’s son James and all his pals at Unique Sports Management, Neil’s old friend Glyn Chamberlain who he brought in as Chief Scout and Head of Recruitment, disgraced agent Willie McKay for letting Neil sign both of his super-talented sons and last but not least all the crack talent spotters (VT, Dalman, Ken) forming the CCFC transfer committee. Well done all.
    A real team effort.

Going to Sunderland perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's not even a fire sale, damage limitation, nobody in their right mind is going to stump up more than 500 grand for madine, certainly not in this window either. Add to that between 10 and 15 grand a week for the rest of the season, the club have cut their losses.
    I don't know. He did ok on loan last season for Sheffield United. Somebody up north world surely be interested in getting him for a cut price million.

Absolutely fantastic news. Things are looking up

Some of the players we've signed who had no impact before we let them go for nothing

Madine - £6m
    Adeyemi - £1m
    Le Fondre - £2m
    Immers - £2m
    Lambert - £1.7m
    Maynard - £2.75m
    Burgstaller - £1m
    Kim - £2m
    Berget - £2m
    Daehli - £2m
    Eikrem - £2m

About £25m spent and nothing in return!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Some of the players we've signed who had no impact before we let them go for nothing

Madine - £6m
    Adeyemi - £1m
    Le Fondre - £2m
    Immers - £2m
    Lambert - £1.7m
    Maynard - £2.75m
    Burgstaller - £1m
    Kim - £2m
    Berget - £2m
    Daehli - £2m
    Eikrem - £2m

And yet it was Malky Mackay who is supposed to have bought rubbish .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Kimbo was pretty good on occasions TBF.

Burgstaller is doing ok at Schalke.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Burgstaller is doing ok at Schalke.
    Even more baffling that we released him after 3 league appearances

Wonder who Warnock will blame for this? Madine was never a £6 million player and it wasn't his fault we paid that much for him - I'm sure some other clubs cancel the contracts of expensive players at a big financial loss like we do, but don't ask me to name them.
    Who was his agent?

Madine - £6m
    Adeyemi - £1m
    Le Fondre - £2m
    Immers - £2m
    Lambert - £1.7m
    Maynard - £2.75m
    Burgstaller - £1m
    Kim - £2m
    Berget - £2m
    Daehli - £2m
    Eikrem - £2m

And Noone.

Madine - £6m
    Adeyemi - £1m
    Le Fondre - £2m
    Immers - £2m
    Lambert - £1.7m
    Maynard - £2.75m
    Burgstaller - £1m
    Kim - £2m
    Berget - £2m
    Daehli - £2m
    Eikrem - £2m

Bit harsh on Kimbo. He was a good footballer who would walk into the current team. Maynard I would classify as more unlucky than anything as he had a very serious injury only a few games into his City career.

Didn't we get money from Freiburg for Daehli? Good luck to Madine, forever now the albatross weighing Warnock down whenever he graces our TV screens and tries to talk himself up. We were in the top 2 at the time and you don't sign a £6 million striker unless you think he can do the business in the PL. Unless he was signed for the championship and the club was planning our PL relegation in January 2018.

Wonder who Warnock will blame for this? Madine was never a £6 million player and it wasn't his fault we paid that much for him - I'm sure some other clubs cancel the contracts of expensive players at a big financial loss like we do, but don't ask me to name them.
    Madine's signing may be a symptom but the reason we were so bad in the transfer market was lack of scouting to reduce pool of players we were shopping in, lack of youth development so we were reliant on signings, and being desperate for a buy to complete a good season which meant we were in a weaker negotiating position.

How many of those three things have changed under Harris so far? Unless we use the cash from premier league wisely we'll end up with similar threads in a couple of years, although not for £6million again for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Beginning to wonder if our board, owners, or managers have some sort of peverse fetish that urges them to waste megabucks on crap footballers. Like a sugar daddy for other football clubs. If you drew up a list of professional footballers and asked a monkey to throw a dart at the page and bought whoever it hit, we'd have a better squad than we've amassed through deliberate effort of grown adults that make up our management and scouting network. I have whinged endlessly about the absolute lack of any diligence in valuation of footballers - who is in charge of this process, what is the plan, and why is he/she so miserably incompetent?!

I don't actually dislike Madine, he was borderline helpful at certain points of certain matches and I hope he has a decent career back in the lower divisions. It's hardly his fault he was dragged here by a moron with a chequebook.
    I keep saying it - we have no one at the club with any football knowledge.
    Tan and Choo are accountants and Dalman himself is the only person who believes he knows anything about football.
    The same issues go round and round and keep happening.
    Unfortunately I don’t think Neil Harris has the gravitas to put this right and develop a plan and/or style

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    By mutual consent.
    Worst ever signing? Must be close.

And amazingly SOME people still couldn’t see what was staring us in the face from the very first game.

Dreadful, and a complete waste of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Can't wait until the first mention of assist against Sheffield United.
    Lol!

I was going to say that. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Madine's signing may be a symptom but the reason we were so bad in the transfer market was lack of scouting to reduce pool of players we were shopping in, lack of youth development so we were reliant on signings, and being desperate for a buy to complete a good season which meant we were in a weaker negotiating position.
    wasnt that pool a rather specific pool of players though ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    And Noone.
    Noone is still playing now, in Australia

Off to Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Off to Sunderland.
    I’ve seen better footballers at power league than madine

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I keep saying it - we have no one at the club with any football knowledge.
    Tan and Choo are accountants and Dalman himself is the only person who believes he knows anything about football.
    The same issues go round and round and keep happening.
    Unfortunately I don’t think Neil Harris has the gravitas to put this right and develop a plan and/or style
    According to Wiki, it was May 2010 that Tan became involved in Cardiff City, Dalman was 2012 and Ken Choo was 2014. Considering Dalman and Choo's job is to run a football club then they have had 6+ years to learn about football, Tan their employer being involved in clubs across the world, so really should have some idea. It's not like money hasn't been spent so can't use that excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Off to Sunderland.
    He's from Gateshead. He'll be on twitter saying how much he hates Newcastle, Gateshead and zebras, just to ingratiate himself with the sunderland fans.

His Championship signings were unbelievable. Conway, Cowie, Taylor, Earnie, Miller, Gunnar, Mason, Gestede, Turner, Harris, Kiss, Lawrence, Lewis, Kim, Mutch, Bellamy, Connolly, Smith, Noone, Barnett, Campbell and Helguson.

Only misses are Maynard (through injury) and Velikonja.