+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gary Madine leaves CCFC

Gary Madine leaves CCFC

By mutual consent.

Heisenberg

Re: Gary Madine leaves CCFC

Great news. dml can now slag him off without compromising his loyalty to the club.

Great way to spend £6m

**** me, paying £6 million for someone then giving them away for free! Are we the only club that consistently does this?

Gary Madine, Goal machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    **** me, paying £6 million for someone then giving them away for free! Are we the only club that consistently does this?
    Yes

Thanks for the memories Gary

Spend £6m on him only for him not to score for us before releasing him on a free

How long did Tan go on about Cornelius for?

I said when we bought him he wasn't good enough for us, how can I see that but a professional football club can't and spend £6 million on him. Warnock wasted more money than Malky ever did.

Can't wait until the first mention of assist against Sheffield United.

Am I missing something. He was our second best striking option even if he didn’t score any goals

Totally baffled

The assist v Sheff Utd makes it all worth it. May not have got promoted without it.😂

Bizarre.

So for those who were wondering what we might get for him: now you know.

That will cement his place in Cardiff City folklore then as, statistically, our worst ever striker.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Am I missing something. He was our second best striking option even if he didn’t score any goals

Totally baffled
    He can't do anything, he offers nothing. I'd put pattersson up front before him.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Totally baffled
    How is that possible? Ward and Glatzel at least score for us on occasion, so they're above him. Bogle has at least looked like he could score a goal for us (and has hit the back of the net this season) so he's above him. Paterson is a better shout as a striker than Madine. Vassell has been injured for pretty much the entirety of the season and has still contributed more than Madine has in his 2 years here... so he's above him too.

£6m down the drain. How they didn't at least try to get a nominal fee for him baffles me. It's starting to reek of the Slade era a bit too much now.

18 months left on his contract. I wonder how much we've paid him to leave the club.

I was about to type that he's the worst value for money signing in the clubs history...
    and then I remembered...
    Cornelius!

Wow that a shock , I can only think its a wage saving thing ?

Maybe he paid us ?

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    I was about to type that he's the worst value for money signing in the clubs history...
    and then I remembered...
    Cornelius!
    Cornelius is a better footballer than Madine though. Madine has never consistently scored above League 1 level.

I bet he scores against us for his new club.

He came, it didn’t work out, he’s gone.

Was expensive, and I almost thought NH was going to keep him.

Pointless slagging the bloke off.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Spend £6m on him only for him not to score for us before releasing him on a free

How long did Tan go on about Cornelius for?
    No doubt we'd have paid up a fair chunk of his contract (rightly so) for him to do one. Absolute catastrophic bit of business. He is shit, how the hell did we end up paying 6 million for a player who didn't show anything while he was here, Tan needs to go through Warnock's work phone...

and then I remembered...
    Cornelius!
    We at least managed to sell Cornelius, who would have turned out far better had Tan not used him as a stick to beat Mackay with

and then I remembered...
    Cornelius!
    Pretty sure that the net spend on Madine is far greater than it is on Cornelius. I still think Cornelius was a bigger mistake in many respects because that was a lot of money to waste on a position that was critical to our survival that season and he was never going to be up to it, but there are plenty of good arguments to make about Madine being the worst signing ever, too. When it comes to terrible transfer market activity and awful strikers in particular, we really are spoilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Bizarre.

So for those who were wondering what we might get for him: now you know.

That will cement his place in Cardiff City folklore then as, statistically, our worst ever striker.
    Isn’t that a little harsh?
    Didn’t you have Frederic Gounongbe.

The guy brought in to fire Cardiff to promotion, didn’t score a single goal in any game and then just completely disappeared?

Surely Madine is better than that?