+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gary Madine leaves CCFC

Re: Gary Madine leaves CCFC

So, the Jan 2020 transfer window budget is being spent on paying off sh*te Warnock purchases?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Spend £6m on him only for him not to score for us before releasing him on a free

How long did Tan go on about Cornelius for?
    Maybe Tan should invest in youth then, he can never find a decent manager, he hates agents and Cardiff/South Wales has plenty of young talent not getting found. No brainer

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Cornelius is a better footballer than Madine though. Madine has never consistently scored above League 1 level.

..wasnt he with Bolton in the Championship..and scored about 13 goals?

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Isn’t that a little harsh?
    Didn’t you have Frederic Gounongbe.

The guy brought in to fire Cardiff to promotion, didn’t score a single goal in any game and then just completely disappeared?

Surely Madine is better than that?
    He didn't cost £6m

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    So, the Jan 2020 transfer window budget is being spent on paying off sh*te Warnock purchases?
    Glatzel turn next or the wet fart Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Scuffs, Miss hits and a few pelanties

The guy brought in to fire Cardiff to promotion, didn’t score a single goal in any game and then just completely disappeared?

Oh I could easily be wrong, we have curated a truly astonishing collection of dogshit centre forwards after all. But not all of them cost £6m.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Pretty sure that the net spend on Madine is far greater than it is on Cornelius. I still think Cornelius was a bigger mistake in many respects because that was a lot of money to waste on a position that was critical to our survival that season and he was never going to be up to it, but there are plenty of good arguments to make about Madine being the worst signing ever, too. When it comes to terrible transfer market activity and awful strikers in particular, we really are spoilt.
    ..and to add insult to injury Bolton were on the verge of bankruptcy when we went after him. Criminal incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    ..and to add insult to injury Bolton were on the verge of bankruptcy when we went after him. Criminal incompetence.
    Warnock would have paid 10m if they were financially sound.

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    I was about to type that he's the worst value for money signing in the clubs history...
    and then I remembered...
    Cornelius!
    he has turned out ok...we could have zlatan messi and ronaldo here and they'd all be fecking useless and wouldn't score

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He didn't cost £6m
    He also played about half of the games that Madine did for us.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Beginning to wonder if our board, owners, or managers have some sort of peverse fetish that urges them to waste megabucks on crap footballers. Like a sugar daddy for other football clubs. If you drew up a list of professional footballers and asked a monkey to throw a dart at the page and bought whoever it hit, we'd have a better squad than we've amassed through deliberate effort of grown adults that make up our management and scouting network. I have whinged endlessly about the absolute lack of any diligence in valuation of footballers - who is in charge of this process, what is the plan, and why is he/she so miserably incompetent?!

I don't actually dislike Madine, he was borderline helpful at certain points of certain matches and I hope he has a decent career back in the lower divisions. It's hardly his fault he was dragged here by a moron with a chequebook.

Beginning to wonder if our board, owners, or managers have some sort of peverse fetish that urges them to waste megabucks on crap footballers. Like a sugar daddy for other football clubs. If you drew up a list of professional footballers and asked a monkey to throw a dart at the page and bought whoever it hit, we'd have a better squad than we've amassed through deliberate effort of grown adults that make up our management and scouting network. I have whinged endlessly about the absolute lack of any diligence in valuation of footballers - who is in charge of this process, what is the plan, and why is he/she so miserably incompetent?!

I don't actually dislike Madine, he was borderline helpful at certain points of certain matches and I hope he has a decent career back in the lower divisions. It's hardly his fault he was dragged here by a moron with a chequebook.
    I wonder how much of his contract we had to pay off. He must've been on a couple of quid, 500 grand a year?

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    10, mostly pens. That was his one hot streak above league 1.

Possibly not the last player we’ll have to give away for free. To be fair ‘our Neil’ shouldn’t be held solely responsible for the club’s disastrous transfer business during his time as manager.

A big shout to Neil’s son James and all his pals at Unique Sports Management, Neil’s old friend Glyn Chamberlain who he brought in as Chief Scout and Head of Recruitment, disgraced agent Willie McKay for letting Neil sign both of his super-talented sons and last but not least all the crack talent spotters (VT, Dalman, Ken) forming the CCFC transfer committee. Well done all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I wonder how much of his contract we had to pay off. He must've been on a couple of quid, 500 grand a year?
    I've no idea, but google tells me its £12k a week, so more than that, if the internet is to be believed and we assume that we buy out at least half of his remaining term. I am sure he just wants to play football though - you never know, he may have agreed to forego a chunk of it to be allowed to look for a club. There must be something in it for us too otherwise we'd surely have kept him - he was in the starting XI a month ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Possibly not the last player we’ll have to give away for free. To be fair ‘our Neil’ shouldn’t be held solely responsible for the club’s disastrous transfer business during his time as manager.

A big shout to Neil’s son James and all his pals at Unique Sports Management, Neil’s old friend Glyn Chamberlain who he brought in as Chief Scout and Head of Recruitment, disgraced agent Willie McKay for letting Neil sign both of his super-talented sons and last but not least all the crack talent spotters (VT, Dalman, Ken) forming the CCFC transfer committee. Well done all.

Must have had such a good contract that we couldn't even give him away. Criminal incompetance

Surely somebody would have paid something to take him off our hands? Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Surely somebody would have paid something to take him off our hands? Unbelievable.
    we'll probably buy him back in the summer for 10 mill

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    It's not even a fire sale, damage limitation, nobody in their right mind is going to stump up more than 500 grand for madine, certainly not in this window either. Add to that between 10 and 15 grand a week for the rest of the season, the club have cut their losses.

Oh I could easily be wrong, we have curated a truly astonishing collection of dogshit centre forwards after all. But not all of them cost £6m.
    Nice use of the word "curated". Award yourself an extra Haribo.

Some quality responses in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    No doubt we'd have paid up a fair chunk of his contract (rightly so) for him to do one. Absolute catastrophic bit of business. He is shit, how the hell did we end up paying 6 million for a player who didn't show anything while he was here, Tan needs to go through Warnock's work phone...
    Wonder who Warnock will blame for this? Madine was never a £6 million player and it wasn't his fault we paid that much for him - I'm sure some other clubs cancel the contracts of expensive players at a big financial loss like we do, but don't ask me to name them.