+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gary Madine leaves CCFC

Re: Gary Madine leaves CCFC

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Scuffs, Miss hits and a few pelanties
    ...yeah..ok

All clubs make shocking signings like this. Ours was Sone Aluko. We spent £7 million and gave him a four year contract on big wages. He has been useless. He has been out on loan for that past year and we will doubtless send him out on loan again so it’s not just Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    His Championship signings were unbelievable. Conway, Cowie, Taylor, Earnie, Miller, Gunnar, Mason, Gestede, Turner, Harris, Kiss, Lawrence, Lewis, Kim, Mutch, Bellamy, Connolly, Smith, Noone, Barnett, Campbell and Helguson.

Only misses are Maynard (through injury) and Velikonja.
    I'd lay off Velikonja or you will have Loramski after you!! Anyway, who exactly did sign him? Not sure that it was Malky. More like a Vincent signing.

Anybody think there's a chance that something happened behind the scenes? An argument or something?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    All clubs make shocking signings like this. Ours was Sone Aluko. We spent £7 million and gave him a four year contract on big wages. He has been useless. He has been out on loan for that past year and we will doubtless send him out on loan again so it’s not just Cardiff.
    Maybe Cardiff should offer a few million for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Yes please.
    I checked out Madine’s stats and can’t believe he didn’t ever score for Cardiff. Even Aluko managed to score for us.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Anybody think there's a chance that something happened behind the scenes? An argument or something?

It may have been amicable. Negotiated a pay off to get rid of him without having to pay the full length of his remaining contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I know I saw a list of the jacks blowing about 80 million somewhere recently, baston for 18 million was it? Ayew 20 million, Clucas 16, there was a few others too

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Don’t joke

I'm looking forward to buying a "I saw Gary Madine score" badge ..... oh wait....

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah I think someone watch him play football and realised he isn’t a championship footballer in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I said when we bought him he wasn't good enough for us, how can I see that but a professional football club can't and spend £6 million on him. Warnock wasted more money than Malky ever did.
    It's not hindsight but I also said the same at the time. One of my best friends is a Bolton season ticket holder and he said at the time that he couldn't believe we had paid £6mio for Madine - a more realistic fee would have been £1mio, maybe £2mio as he was on a scoring streak at the time but we all knew this was just one of those strange hot spells any useless striker can go through for a short period, he had been pretty useless for a number of seasons before then

I know I saw a list of the jacks blowing about 80 million somewhere recently, baston for 18 million was it? Ayew 20 million, Clucas 16, there was a few others too
    Huge fees. However they did get £45 million for Sigurdsson.

My abiding memory of Gary Madine when his name arises in future discussions of worst ever City players will be his last appearance for us at CCS (was it Preston) when he came on as sub and as the ball reached him on the by line he put in a beautiful chipped cross supposedly into the penalty area which actually finished 12 rows back in the Canton - It was a feat of shittyness that had not been seen since Josh Low was seen on the wing

Thanks for the memories Gary - there will always be a place for you in top 10 dreadful signings in years to come

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    My abiding memory of Gary Madine when his name arises in future discussions of worst ever City players will be his last appearance for us at CCS (was it Preston) when he came on as sub and as the ball reached him on the by line he put in a beautiful chipped cross supposedly into the penalty area which actually finished 12 rows back in the Canton - It was a feat of shittyness that had not been seen since Josh Low was seen on the wing

Thanks for the memories Gary - there will always be a place for you in top 10 dreadful signings in years to come
    Don’t you be disrespecting Josh Low!

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I keep saying it - we have no one at the club with any football knowledge.
    Tan and Choo are accountants and Dalman himself is the only person who believes he knows anything about football.
    The same issues go round and round and keep happening.
    Unfortunately I don’t think Neil Harris has the gravitas to put this right and develop a plan and/or style
    Nail on the head.

Malky got us promoted but I'd hazard a guess anybody on here could have done it. It was like Football Manager with a bucket load of cash.

We struck lucky with Warnock in amongst the dross picked by the board here.

Tan is the money man surrounded by yes men. We have been successful despite our board and not because of it.

It is sadly still continuing now. Then again with a board in place that are unwilling or, more likely, unable to see their shortcomings it isn't going to change any time soon.
    Our success is dependant on the manager putting together a strong squad with a heap of cash (Malky) or a shrewd manager who builds a hard to beat team while also frittering away a shed load (Warnock).
    Absolutely clueless as a club at board level.

He was actually decent when we played Forest, chased and held the ball up well until he missed an open goal by passing it to Hoilett

What message does this send out just before the derby too?

A lot of our shithouses might think a shit show against the Jacks and they might be looking at a nice pay off too.

Meanwhile the Jacks are boosting their squad with Premier League squad player loans.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He was actually decent when we played Forest, chased and held the ball up well until he missed an open goal by passing it to Hoilett
    He started the first four games after Harris arrived and now he's out the door less than two months later.

Could we not have at least waited until the end of January to make a decision on this?

It seems hard to believe but we could end the transfer window even worse up top than we started if Bogle jumps ship/is paid off and our notoriously hard working recruitment team once again fail to get transfers across the line.

We'll probably give Peter Crouch a 4 year deal out of retirement on the last day based on his name.

So much negativity

Think a few people need to take a few days off

Maybe just maybe there is a reason to write off 6m.

Glatzel turn next or the wet fart Murphy
    I remember Ronnie Moore shirts back in the day saying Ronnie actually scored for us

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    Maybe just maybe there is a reason to write off 6m.
    Sometimes it doesnt work out .

Every club has the same problem .

Probably every forum rants about the failures.

When you have seen it all and then seen it all again , you realise , sometimes the footballer doesn't suit the club, system they play ,
    whatever the reason. It just doesn't work out .
    In business , which football is , you have to speculate to accumulate.

Look at Eoin Doyle , who would have believed it .......

Quote Originally Posted by welshwarrior View Post
    I remember Ronnie Moore shirts back in the day saying Ronnie actually scored for us
    "I saw Ronnie Moore score"