+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Sunday

Team for Sunday

Now this is tricky. Not sure anyone who has played in last 2 games deserves a start. In the absence of 11 new signings I will hazard a guess, but honestly it really is a lottery this time, bad as the OGS days when he really would keep us guessing.
    Etheridge
    Richards
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett
    Whyte
    Hoilett
    Glazel
    Pack
    Bacuna
    Tomlin

Re: Team for Sunday

Smithies, Coxe, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Murphy, Vaulks, Pack, Tomlin, Hoilett, Glatzel.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Now this is tricky. Not sure anyone who has played in last 2 games deserves a start. In the absence of 11 new signings I will hazard a guess, but honestly it really is a lottery this time, bad as the OGS days when he really would keep us guessing.
    Etheridge
    Richards
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett
    Whyte
    Hoilett
    Glazel
    Pack
    Bacuna
    Tomlin
    I think if Ralls is out this is a likely line up.

Id play Peltier and Ward though instead of Jazz and Glatzel.

Ralls if fit for Pack or Bacuna dont care which one.

It's almost like picking your least shit City XI.

I'd give Smithies another go in goal. Etheridge hasn't been the same since his injury.
    Richards and Bennett pick themselves as full backs.
    Centre backs? Crikey. Not Bamba. He's not ready for a game like this. He was awful at QPR and poor against Carlisle. Nelson is the only one I'd guarantee starting. Possibly with Morrison. Or Flint. Neither fill me with confidence. 2 years ago our centreback positions were arguably our strongest. They're not any more.
    Centre midfield. Whoever goes in there has a thankless task. Ralls, if available. Pack. Paterson. He'll get stuck into them.
    Up front. Hoilett, Ward, Tomlin.

I wouldn't start Glatzel - haven't seen him be convincing at home, but good away. All of his goals have come on the road.
    Whyte the replacement for Hoilett.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Smithies, Coxe, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Murphy, Vaulks, Pack, Tomlin, Hoilett, Glatzel.
    Murphy? Come on!

Etheridge
    Peltier, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett
    Pack, Bacuna
    Paterson, Tomlin, Hoilett
    Glatzel

It's going to be a war of attrition. I think we need big characters for this game.

what i think it will be (not what i want it to be)
    Etheridge
    Peltier, Flint, Morrison, Bennett
    Pack, Bacuna
    Whyte, Tomlin, Hoilett
    Glatzel

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Murphy? Come on!
    No chance we need someone as snowflake as Murphy for this one.

It's interesting to note the XI when we lost (and were shite) earlier in the season was:

Etheridge

Peltier
    Morrison
    Flint
    Bennett

Whyte
    Pack
    Ralls
    Mendez-Laing

Ward
    Glatzel

I definitely think the way we set up was as much to do with our performance as the players selected. No pace at the back or in the spine with no link between the middle and strikers.

For me I have to go: Smithies, Peltier, Nelson, Flint (or Morrison they are effectively the same), Bennett, Bacuna, Ralls, Tomlin, Hoilett, Ward, Whyte (Was our only stand out player against Carlisle and I think he deserves a chance).

Etheridge

Peltier
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett

Bamba
    Bacuna
    Pack
    Tomlin
    Holiett

Paterson

All I've been hearing in the build up to this game from pundits is that City will have to rough Swansea up if they are to have a chance of winning - that team might do that, but it'll be dead boring watching it.

Smithies

Richards
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett

Bacuna
    Pack/Ralls

Paterson
    Tomlin
    Hoilett

Glatzel

Etheridge,Pelts,Nelson,Morro, Bennett.
    Pack,patters,Ralls(Bacuna),Tomlin(diamond
    Hoilett,Glatzel
    4-4-2, forget the wingers

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Etheridge

Peltier
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett

Bamba
    Bacuna
    Pack
    Tomlin
    Holiett

Paterson

All I've been hearing in the build up to this game from pundits is that City will have to rough Swansea up if they are to have a chance of winning - that team might do that, but it'll be dead boring watching it.
    I tend to agree that Paterson should play. Not sure what position though. Right side midfield for me.

If Coxe is in the team and I'm the opposition manager I'd instruct my team to put crosses in towards his side for the big striker to attack. Don't get me wrong. I think he has something to offer but defensively he looks lightweight.

Etheridge

Peltier
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett

Bamba
    Bacuna
    Pack
    Tomlin
    Holiett

Paterson

Total football!

Etheridge
    Peltier
    Morrison
    Bamba
    Bennett
    Right Side Paterson
    Left Side Hoillet
    Ralls
    Bacuna
    Vaulks

Glatzel to run around ineffectively for 60 minutes to be replaced by Ward to run around ineffectively for 30 minutes

None of the Wurzel 3 please they slow everything down. Bring Tomlin on if we have to if by some miracle we are 2 goals up with 3 minutes to go. I'll be watching with my head in my hands if bloody Flint plays

Also can we have a half time bare knuckle fight between Madine and Tate. I'd watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Etheridge
    Peltier, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett
    Pack, Bacuna
    Paterson, Tomlin, Hoilett
    Glatzel

It's going to be a war of attrition. I think we need big characters for this game.
    Nice sensible team .

Etheridge

Peltier
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett

Bamba
    Bacuna
    Pack
    Tomlin
    Holiett

Paterson

Replace Bamba and that was the team to do the job.