+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Minute’s Silenced or Applause

Minute’s Silenced or Applause

Well overdue for Alan Harrington and now there’s been the loss of Chris Barker. Would it be risked on Sunday with the possibility of a small minority of away supporters causing disruption? I may have missed them but has there been any tributes paid by the club to either, particularly Alan Harrington (for us older fans)?

Re: Minute’s Silenced or Applause

yeah.....I have always been of the opinion that a minutes silence and reflection is better than applause.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    yeah.....I have always been of the opinion that a minutes silence and reflection is better than applause.....
    Agreed... but only if the away fans rexpected it.

Time to elbow silence or applause as both are old hat.

I propose a minute's worth of the funky chicken dance. Or how about some enthusiastic hokey cokey-ing? Manic head-bashing ayatollah-ing would suffice whenever Swansea and their sister-fingering fans aren't the visitor's.

These mass events are always insincere affairs that have very little or nothing to do with remembering whomever. It's much more about respecting the whim of someone at the FA, FL, or what perhaps Dalman or Choo deign is appropriate. It's also a keeping up appearances exercise.

Bin all that and make a book (or books) of condolences available for those who really care, rather than pretend to, to make the effort to sign it and pen some fond words.

[QUOTE=Organ Morgan.;5037112]Time to elbow silence or applause as both are old hat.

I propose a minute's worth of the funky chicken dance. Or how about some enthusiastic hokey cokey-ing? Manic head-bashing ayatollah-ing would suffice whenever Swansea and their sister-fingering fans aren't the visitor's.

These mass events are always insincere affairs that have very little or nothing to do with remembering whomever. It's much more about respecting the whim of someone at the FA, FL, or what perhaps Dalman or Choo deign is appropriate. It's also a keeping up appearances exercise.

Bin all that and make a book (or books) of condolences available for those who really care, rather than pretend to, to make the effort to sign it and pen some fond words.[/QUOTE
    Insincere for Alan Harrington, really? A local, one club man, (and not the odd game here & there, hundreds of them) the type clubs’ fans cry out for.

Above post wrongly tacked on