+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kiefer Moore

Re: Kiefer Moore

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm not defending him, I concur with yours and most other opinions in the thread.
    I just don't understand why we didn't wait til the end of the transfer window before offloading.
    Exactly.

Would three weeks more wages be that much more of a disaster after two years of absolute dross up to now with Madine? I don't think it would and could have seen us get at least some of our cash back on him.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'm not defending him, I concur with yours and most other opinions in the thread.
    I just don't understand why we didn't wait til the end of the transfer window before offloading.
    Presumably to free up the wages bill, so that they can afford another below par player...

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    My sentiments as well. The Club needs a totally new direction, one that will eventually succeed even if it takes several decades.
    Several decades??

Why would any of us care?

not too sure as you never know... but sounds like harris may move on from this 1 ?

he said on radio just now its no lie an offer has been put in as they have gone public with the turn down... and he said they put valuations on players and when they dont think theres a match they move on...

probably means we will go back in with an improved bid

but if we are in a slade transfer situation then on to something cheaper it is

He not worth anywhere near the valuation being published. It’s encouraging that we do seem to have money to spend but I’d rather see it used elsewhere

From what i've seen of Moore, his hold up play is much better than anything that we have at the moment, he can take the contact as well, Glatzel isn't about that. If we are going to be a team that likes to get the ball forward quickly (posh for long ball) then Moore might work as long as he has midfield players around him who are capable of receiving the knock down, pass etc. It seems quite obvious which direction Harris is taking.

I'd be interested to see how much Forest would want for Tyler Walker

According to Nixon, Wigan want £4.75M

Harris didn't deny interest in his post match interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    More worryingly he said Millwall looked at him pre season.

Prepare for this; it’s going to happen.

Route one should be made a public offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    From what i've seen of Moore, his hold up play is much better than anything that we have at the moment, he can take the contact as well, Glatzel isn't about that. If we are going to be a team that likes to get the ball forward quickly (posh for long ball) then Moore might work as long as he has midfield players around him who are capable of receiving the knock down, pass etc. It seems quite obvious which direction Harris is taking.
    Problem is we need to buy one or two midfield players capable of being forward thinking. Tomlin alone is not the answer.
    The Kieffer Moore style might work if we did that.
    My only issue is that if we did buy a couple of quality midfield players I would prefer to give Glatzel more time.

I don't see the point of releasing Madine and then paying a transfer fee to sign Moore. They are very similar players.

On the other side our midfield may do better if we had a striker finding space making decent runs being able to hold the ball and bring others into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We know he's bid! He just got more expensive after Glatzel's performance . A decent player but one that's totally unsuited to the job we want him to do. I'd take Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We know he's bid! He just got more expensive after Glatzel's performance . A decent player but one that's totally unsuited to the job we want him to do. I'd take Moore
    I don't think that Glatzel isup to this level, certainly not if a team is looking to get into the play offs or develop into something. I know that people are saying that he isn't used properly and i sort of agree, but that becomes his problem, fans can't use that as an excuse every time he doesn't show up. It's up to him to adapt to the game, become stronger and get alot more aggressive. I never see him making himself a nuisance or busting his arse to get into the penalty box. He's not a bad player although certainly not a good player. If he was a good player he'd have shown more, small individual things.

I don't think that Glatzel isup to this level, certainly not if a team is looking to get into the play offs or develop into something. I know that people are saying that he isn't used properly and i sort of agree, but that becomes his problem, fans can't use that as an excuse every time he doesn't show up. It's up to him to adapt to the game, become stronger and get alot more aggressive. I never see him making himself a nuisance or busting his arse to get into the penalty box. He's not a bad player although certainly not a good player. If he was a good player he'd have shown more, small individual things.
    I saw his best game vs Wednesday and he was good. That's the only time I've come away from a game thinking otherwise. He not physical enough though and I'd be more than happy if we recouped our fee for him.

I saw his best game vs Wednesday and he was good. That's the only time I've come away from a game thinking otherwise. He not physical enough though and I'd be more than happy if we recouped our fee for him.
    He's never going to suit the style Harris wants to play, a big strong striker, good in the air and willing to take a knock.

He's never going to suit the style Harris wants to play, a big strong striker, good in the air and willing to take a knock.
    I think it's more telling that Glatzel quite often gets into good positions and doesn't make anything of them.
    Maybe Moore would convert more, or at least get more on target.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    I think it's more telling that Glatzel quite often gets into good positions and doesn't make anything of them.
    Maybe Moore would convert more, or at least get more on target.
    Moore would have scored the header Glatzel had today, and he'd hold the ball up better.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I don't see the point of releasing Madine and then paying a transfer fee to sign Moore. They are very similar players.
    Why couldn’t we do a straight swop deal as Madine wants to go back North, at least we would have saved a couple of million?crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Why couldn’t we do a straight swop deal as Madine wants to go back North, at least we would have saved a couple of million?crazy!
    Perhaps, and I'm just going out on a limb here, the club offered this and Wigan didn't want Madine. Crazy, I know but the club might not be a total madhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Exactly.

Would three weeks more wages be that much more of a disaster after two years of absolute dross up to now with Madine? I don't think it would and could have seen us get at least some of our cash back on him.
    Weve been trying to get some of our cash back for him for the last 3 windows to no avail. 3 more weeks wouldnt make any difference.

Moore would have scored the header Glatzel had today, and he'd hold the ball up better.
    People keep saying Glatzels good with his feet. Im yet to see that.

Don't think Glatzel has had enough of a chance and also feel he'd be better in a two but doesn't seem we are going to play that way.

Think Moore could do a job and although similar to madine it's clear he didn't want to be here.

There was a couple of opportunities yesterday where I just wanted glatzel to dominate on the air and attack a couple of the balls crossed to him better but like zohore that's just not his game.

Our striker signings are awful, not necessarily bad players but just don't work for us for whatever reason. I suppose in the end we have to get lucky.

Harris is probably looking for someone like what Morrison did for his Millwall team.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    People keep saying Glatzels good with his feet. Im yet to see that.
    you obviously didn't see his turn and shot that just went wide of the post [corner post, that is]..