+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kiefer Moore

Re: Kiefer Moore

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    you obviously didn't see his turn and shot that just went wide of the post [corner post, that is]..
    Absolute shite shot though. The turn was decent but that’s literally all he did.

He saw a lot of the ball too yesterday, he just didn’t do anything with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Don't think Glatzel has had enough of a chance and also feel he'd be better in a two but doesn't seem we are going to play that way.

Think Moore could do a job and although similar to madine it's clear he didn't want to be here.

There was a couple of opportunities yesterday where I just wanted glatzel to dominate on the air and attack a couple of the balls crossed to him better but like zohore that's just not his game.

Our striker signings are awful, not necessarily bad players but just don't work for us for whatever reason. I suppose in the end we have to get lucky.

Harris is probably looking for someone like what Morrison did for his Millwall team.
    Neither are strong, powerfu, target men and even given their height they both lack courage and conviciton in the air, but at least Zohore could get down the side and stretch the opposition defence, get us up the pitch.

I honestly cannot see anything in Glatzel that makes me think there is some kind of player in there.

He will be dining off that hat trick in the cup v Bayern for the rest of his life. I remember Darcy Blake played a stormer against Wayne Rooney too and managed to squeeze a few more years of professional footballers pay out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Absolute shite shot though. The turn was decent but that’s literally all he did.

He saw a lot of the ball too yesterday, he just didn’t do anything with it.
    He missed a really good headed chance too. Plenty of time to see it coming, set himself up, but in the end a dreadful attempt. As I said elsewhere, Bogle looks a lot more like a goalscorer than Glatzel.

I don't think Pattersson is a great football but he shows more than Glatzel does, at least he makes the centre half work and knows when to jump for a ball.

A centre half would prefer to play against Galtzel every time.

He missed a really good headed chance too. Plenty of time to see it coming, set himself up, but in the end a dreadful attempt. As I said elsewhere, Bogle looks a lot more like a goalscorer than Glatzel.
    Gary Madine would have buried both headers missed by Glatzel and Patterson

If you mean the header at the Canton end I was sitting in line with the cross and I thought it was it was too far in front of him for it to be a decent chance. He just about got his head to it but I wouldn't criticise him for missing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    He would have but I'm not sure he'd have got in a good enough position.

Not sure why the desperation for a big target man ?
    Some of our best striking years were with smaller players with pace such as Earnie, Chopra and McCormack.
    I realize we had better midfield players during these times but perhaps we should be moving towards this style.
    Many teams already are.

Where? Under the ground next to the goal, or Row Z?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Not sure why the desperation for a big target man ?
    Some of our best striking years were with smaller players with pace such as Earnie, Chopra and McCormack.
    I realize we had better midfield players during these times but perhaps we should be moving towards this style.
    Many teams already are.

None of the strikers you mention would have been any good upfront on their own. They all played in a front 2 with a brilliant target man as a foil alongside them ie Thorne and Bothroyd in an era where most sides in the Championship played 442 v 442. The game has evolved, very few teams play with two upfront like those days and if we play 442 we get outnumbered in midfield like we did down the Liberty.

Even if we want to play football on the deck we still need a decent target man, comfortable with his back to goal that we can work off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Why couldn’t we do a straight swop deal as Madine wants to go back North, at least we would have saved a couple of million?crazy!
    No one wants fight club do they, Bolton must have been laughing their tits off like so many others when we came knocking.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    None of the strikers you mention would have been any good upfront on their own. They all played in a front 2 with a brilliant target man as a foil alongside them ie Thorne and Bothroyd in an era where most sides in the Championship played 442 v 442. The game has evolved, very few teams play with two upfront like those days and if we play 442 we get outnumbered in midfield like we did down the Liberty.

Even if we want to play football on the deck we still need a decent target man, comfortable with his back to goal that we can work off.
    Doesn’t Paterson do that?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Doesn’t Paterson do that?
    Paterson couldnt trap a bag of cement. No, he doesnt do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    We are utterly, utterly addicted to buying big lumps who are shit are Championship level football. Who the **** is in charge of recruitment?
    Other than speculation, where I'd the proof we ARE buying?

Be angry by all means if we do get the lad, but to be angry at a rumour 😂

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Other than speculation, where I'd the proof we ARE buying?

Be angry by all means if we do get the lad, but to be angry at a rumour 😂
    It's not a rumour if both managers have said we've bid

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    I think it's more telling that Glatzel quite often gets into good positions and doesn't make anything of them.
    Maybe Moore would convert more, or at least get more on target.
    Not saying Glatzel has been great because he hasn't, I'd still persists with him over Moore though. You seen how many chances he needs for Wales? And those are supplied by better players.

At least by playing Glatzel and Tomlin we keep some hope of the style evolving (there is visual evidence of us at least taking baby steps even if it doesn't look the best right now) if we get Moore then it's in no doubt the road we are going down and I don't think I'd cope with that

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It’s Dopey Dembeth. He’s not the brightest spark.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Haven't really been on here all weekend as I've worked it all so wasn't aware we had made a bid or what Harris has said, you'd guess that though by my other post, obviously I wouldn't be calling it a rumour if I knew what the manager had said.

Got a link to it? I could do with depressing myself even more.

Probably . Next to his bones in the back garden .
    Madine couldn’t score in a brothel .

Yeah , he scored most of his goals for us with his head .....
    Didn’t he ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    He will just run around and get NO SErvice Ala all our current and past few center forwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Yeah , he scored most of his goals for us with his head .....
    Didn’t he ?
    He wasnt presented with chances like that.

He wasnt presented with chances like that.
    Because he doesn’t ever get in good positions

We dont want him anymore

interest ended... dont have to be genius to work it out... harris said on robs radio show afte rthe jack game that the 2 clubs were somewhat apart on valuation and would have to look elsewhere