+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kiefer Moore

Re: Kiefer Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wales don't play crap football. Moore is good at what he does but we absolutely have to get bodies around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

that old phrase .."preparing to table a bid.." Suppose it's a bit stronger than "making enquiries.."

Until he was injured i would have made a cheeky if for Arry Kane..��

It really depends on what you want from a striker: he's never convinced me as a goal-scorer but, for Wales, he's fantastic as an outlet, bringing in better players from behind him to the attack and finding potential collisions to draw free-kicks. Too often our current system sees strikers isolated, not because they aren't good at hold up play so have to assume issue with midfield, and therefore not sure Moore's strengths will match our side unless new wingers and new 10 bought also.

We don't have anyone who runs beyond the striker, so the skills he's shown for Wales will be redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wales don't play crap football. Moore is good at what he does but we absolutely have to get bodies around him.
    Wales have better players than Hoilett, Murphy and Bacuna feeding him.

If we have no quality getting beyond him he’s just going to be a taller Madine. He does his job well at international level but his goal scoring record in this league is woeful

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we signed him. The most obvious Championship player on our radar I'd say, considering that Harris wants to continue playing Warnockball
    Wales dont play hoofball but play him any Welsh fans have a view on his role ??

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Wales have better players than Hoilett, Murphy and Bacuna feeding him.

If we have no quality getting beyond him he’s just going to be a taller Madine. He does his job well at international level but his goal scoring record in this league is woeful
    He doesn’t need to score much. He just needs to bring the 5 midfielders into play And get on the end of crosses.

We won’t move from 4-5-1 anytime soon

'According to reports' Wigan have turned down a £2.3m bid from Cardiff for Kiefer Moore.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...moore-17551814

Wales Online repeating Mail Online story.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    'According to reports' Wigan have turned down a £2.3m bid from Cardiff for Kiefer Moore.

I would have thought it would have been worthwhile holding onto Madine, if only to add him to any deal as a sweetener. Wigan May have accepted that along with £2.3M ?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Apparently, Wigan paid more than that for him in the summer.

He's been out injured since Dec 7.
    Sounds about right for us

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I would have thought it would have been worthwhile holding onto Madine, if only to add him to any deal as a sweetener. Wigan May have accepted that along with £2.3M ?
    We'd have had to offer Wigan £3 million if we'd throw in Madine as well.

In addition to the £6m we’ve written off for Madine, spending £2.5m + on Moore will probably mean the end for £5.5m Glatzel. Add this to the £15m we are going to spend on Sala and it’s becoming an expensive forward line that probably won’t score many goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    In addition to the £6m we’ve written off for Madine, spending £2.5m + on Moore will probably mean the end for £5.5m Glatzel. Add this to the £15m we are going to spend on Sala and it’s becoming an expensive forward line that probably won’t score many goals.
    I think that you're right about Glatzel. Harris likes big and aggressive up front.

We are utterly, utterly addicted to buying big lumps who are shit are Championship level football. Who the **** is in charge of recruitment?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I thought that too.
    We have been far too hasty getting rid of Madine.
    There will be a fair few managers who would take a punt on him, especially if they are struggling to keep their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that you're right about Glatzel. Harris likes big and aggressive up front.
    See , Steven Morisons role at his last club Milwall.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    We are utterly, utterly addicted to buying big lumps who are shit are Championship level football. Who the **** is in charge of recruitment?
    The recruitment team. Messrs Choo, Dalman and Tan with Harris no doubt saying he has the final say.

You'd have more football knowledge if the Chuckle Brothers or Vic & Bob were in charge of recruitment.

Tan's probably been on the phone already this January asking if Bobby Charlton is available or why Etheridge isn't taking corners.

As for Kiefer Moore, no.

Most of our problems stem with getting and keeping the ball and when we have it being unable to create anything.

The answer is not decking out another totem pole in City kit up top to bounce it off.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'm not sure he's any better than Madine.
    My car is better at football than Madine ....

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I thought that too.
    We have been far too hasty getting rid of Madine.
    There will be a fair few managers who would take a punt on him, especially if they are struggling to keep their jobs.
    We could have melted him down and made him into glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    My car is better at football than Madine ....
    Your car is only 2 goals behind Kiefer Moore this season too.

Probably a lot cheaper too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    We could have melted him down and made him into glue.
    I'm not defending him, I concur with yours and most other opinions in the thread.
    I just don't understand why we didn't wait til the end of the transfer window before offloading.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    He's been out injured since Dec 7.
    Sounds about right for us
    My sentiments as well. The Club needs a totally new direction, one that will eventually succeed even if it takes several decades.