+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Doing the double in the same season

Doing the double in the same season

Hard to believe it’s never happened before.
    Big chance for the jacks this time.
    Hope I’m wrong, but don’t think our talent, tactics and fighting qualities are good enough.

Re: Doing the double in the same season

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Hope I’m wrong, but don’t think our talent, tactics and fighting qualities are good enough.
    Especially after getting rid of Gary

I can’t remember this being talked about so much till this season. Feels like something I would’ve known so dunno if I’ve just somehow missed it being mentioned for two decades or so.

Sure both clubs must’ve beaten each other twice outside the league in a season at some point in the past with English and Welsh cup fixtures in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    I can’t remember this being talked about so much till this season. Feels like something I would’ve known so dunno if I’ve just somehow missed it being mentioned for two decades or so.

Sure both clubs must’ve beaten each other twice outside the league in a season at some point in the past with English and Welsh cup fixtures in the mix.
    We beat them about four times (I think) during one WW2 season.

Possibly, but the record is all about the league double.

I used go care, but all I care about today is that we spent £6m on Tyler durden.

If you include Welsh cup games, there are 3 home and away doubles to be found.

1993/94 - Cardiff City won home and away in the 2-legged Welsh cup semi final. In the league that season, both clubs won at home.
    1988/89 - Cardiff City won at home in the Autoglass and away in the League cup. Both league games were draws.
    1968/69 - Cardiff City won home and away in the 2-legged Welsh cup semi final.

There have been 2 2-legged league cup ties between the two clubs. Neither side won both fixtures.

Whenever Swansea have won the first league meeting of the season at home, they've never won the reverse fixture in Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If you include Welsh cup games, there are 3 home and away doubles to be found.

1993/94 - Cardiff City won home and away in the 2-legged Welsh cup semi final. In the league that season, both clubs won at home.
    1988/89 - Cardiff City won at home in the Autoglass and away in the League cup. Both league games were draws.
    1968/69 - Cardiff City won home and away in the 2-legged Welsh cup semi final.

There have been 2 2-legged league cup ties between the two clubs. Neither side won both fixtures.

Whenever Swansea have won the first league meeting of the season at home, they've never won the reverse fixture in Cardiff.
    Thanks for jinxing it Eric

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Thanks for jinxing it Eric
    If we lose, as I fear, I don't think it'll be my statistical research that caused it!

If we lose, as I fear, I don't think it'll be my statistical research that caused it!
    Hope we turn up.At the Liberty we were shit.

And vv presumably.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    And vv presumably.
    Indeed, bar one season when we won at Planet Wretch in the welsh cup.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Think you are right, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We beat them about four times (I think) during one WW2 season.
    8 times in the 1 season
    4 in the league and 4 in the cup.
    43-44

Never been done twice in the league. I fear tomorrow will be the day.

Id take a point!