+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grounds at which the Union Jack isn’t present.

Grounds at which the Union Jack isn’t present.

I haven’t been to the CCS for a long time so don’t know if the butcher’s apron is still absent from the home stands. I should imagine that’s still the case.

Anyway, are there any other british grounds where the flag is generally not seen.

Wrexham?
    Celtic...

International

Re: Grounds at which the Union Jack isn’t present.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I haven’t been to the CCS for a long time so don’t know if the butcher’s apron is still absent from the home stands. I should imagine that’s still the case.

Anyway, are there any other british grounds where the flag is generally not seen.

Wrexham?
    Celtic...
    I don't understand why this is important. the union flag has nothing to do with the average club emblems except if they are playing in europe. I don't recall watching football on TV and seeing two set of supporters brandishing it at each other.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I don't understand why this is important. the union flag has nothing to do with the average club emblems except if they are playing in europe. I don't recall watching football on TV and seeing two set of supporters brandishing it at each other.
    I think it should be banned in Wales. It's not a flag of "union". It's a flag of oppression. And we're not even represented on it.

It was there today in front of their lot!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was there today in front of their lot!
    Loyalist wannabes.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Loyalist wannabes.
    There's a smattering of nazi scum in Swansea, backward ****ers.

Wasn’t surprised to see the Union Jack in with that lot.

I’d say
    Celtic
    Liverpool
    Cardiff

Hibernian, imagine there’s other Scottish clubs where it’s a rarity.

If counting the UK, then Derry City and Cliftonville?

Wouldn’t see it at Merthyr, don’t know about County.

There were 3 in the away end

Rangers wannabees

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Hibernian, imagine there’s other Scottish clubs where it’s a rarity.

If counting the UK, then Derry City and Cliftonville?

Wouldn’t see it at Merthyr, don’t know about County.
    Derry City are LOI. It'd be weird if they had one.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There were 3 in the away end

Rangers wannabees
    What a bunch of absolute wankers. ****ing pathetic. Shame on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Wasn’t surprised to see the Union Jack in with that lot.

I’d say
    Celtic
    Liverpool
    Cardiff
    You will see loads of welsh flags up at liverpool and man united , the tossers

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Derry City are LOI. It'd be weird if they had one.
    Of course and agreed, just pointing out Brandywell would be a ground in the UK (well for now at least, haha) where you’d not likely find the Union Jack.

Which English football club has never had an English manager among the 35 holders of the post throughout its history? And they have no English players currently on their books.
    (Just learned these facts when thinking about the Union and poking on the net about this particular club).

It's the Union FLAG. It's only a Union Jack when flown from a Royal Naval Ship, which the CCS isn't .

It's the flag under which generations of soldiers have marched and died in defence and preservation of your way of life.

I've been supporting Cardiff City for a very long time and to be quite frank I've been shocked by some of the low lifes I see posting here from time to time. Strong expression I know , but there it is.

This is a new low, and at this point I'm not entirely surprised to hear these nasty kids coming out with such disrespectful nonsense, but what does upset me is that no one so far seems to have challenged them. Is this really what we've become as a club - some sort of sectarian hate echo chamber for divisive identity politics and self pity ?

I want nothing to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Which English football club has never had an English manager among the 35 holders of the post throughout its history? And they have no English players currently on their books.
    (Just learned these facts when thinking about the Union and poking on the net about this particular club).
    Berwick Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    It's the Union FLAG. It's only a Union Jack when flown from a Royal Naval Ship, which the CCS isn't .

It's the flag under which generations of soldiers have marched and died in defence and preservation of your way of life.

I've been supporting Cardiff City for a very long time and to be quite frank I've been shocked by some of the low lifes I see posting here from time to time. Strong expression I know , but there it is.

This is a new low, and at this point I'm not entirely surprised to hear these nasty kids coming out with such disrespectful nonsense, but what does upset me is that no one so far seems to have challenged them. Is this really what we've become as a club - some sort of sectarian hate echo chamber for divisive identity politics and self pity ?

Fantastic, I think I speak for most on here when I say you won't missed.

And just so we're clear - the Union Jack can go f**k itself

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post

Perhaps we don’t want to be associated with knuckle dragging right wing idiots who’ve hi jacked the union flag, Scotland are represented on it but I would imagine the majority of Jocks have no time for it, some undesirable Northern Irish may revere it. I’ve certainly no affiliation to it and when say, on holiday (perhaps wrongly) I tend to steer clear of bars that are full of vest wearing Union Jack clad clientele.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

"It is often stated that the Union Flag should only be described as the Union Jack when flown in the bows of a warship, but this is a relatively recent idea. From early in its life the Admiralty itself frequently referred to the flag as the Union Jack, whatever its use, and in 1902 an Admiralty Circular announced that Their Lordships had decided that either name could be used officially. Such use was given Parliamentary approval in 1908 when it was stated that “the Union Jack should be regarded as the National flag".

Cdr Bruce Nicolls OBE RN (Retd)

http://www.flaginstitute.org/wp/brit...he-union-flag/

Another know-all hits the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Did you know that the CCS isn't a Naval Ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Berwick Rangers.
    You swine!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Did you know that the CCS isn't a Naval Ship?
    I've been told but I'll never believe it

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    "It is often stated that the Union Flag should only be described as the Union Jack when flown in the bows of a warship, but this is a relatively recent idea. From early in its life the Admiralty itself frequently referred to the flag as the Union Jack, whatever its use, and in 1902 an Admiralty Circular announced that Their Lordships had decided that either name could be used officially. Such use was given Parliamentary approval in 1908 when it was stated that “the Union Jack should be regarded as the National flag".
    Cdr Bruce Nicolls OBE RN (Retd)

http://www.flaginstitute.org/wp/brit...he-union-flag/

Another know-all hits the dust.
    You Flag Bastards, You Flag Bastards !!!

I once saw Jermaine Pennant play football - but he was flagging a bit and below his usual standard......