+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: McBurnie

Re: McBurnie

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Clearly, it’s the mongtards he’s knocking about with, Neaths finest is it? Hate Cardiff first, then life can begin
    People can make the comparison with fans all day long, it's not the same. I don't care what he does and i don't flick the v's or give the wan ker sign to opposition fans, i'm a bit old for that nonsense. If how he behaved was standard then we'd be seeing it every week in some guise, whether that's active footballers or ex players. His profession does dictate how he behaves, it's very high profile, whether that's fair or not is a matter for debate, fact is he has to behave.

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    If they were tribute band, Goldie looking twats in hats, or something like that it would be quite funny and get them some publicity, but a supposed Premier League Professional Footballer from Yorkshire sucking up to some small Welsh football team is just beyond childish!

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Not sure if this has been said or answered:

But why does a bloke from Yorkshire who claims Scottish ancestry support Swansea City?

I know he went there to play.
    But it’s kind of like me going to Fulham v Reading in the away end because I’ve lived in Henley a while.

I’m missing something in this...
    No you're not it's stupid, he's just trying to get in with the Swansea fans, he's seen Trundle became a popular figure and wants to do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Warnock's mate, Simon Jordan, has given this a stir:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ansea-17564823

Slow news day!
    Jordan is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Jordan is spot on.
    Agreed, he usually is!

Naff off you Tesco tracksuit wearing goofy creations

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You had to try to make it personal, didn't you? Couldn't help yourself.

Were you at the CCS on Sunday? I was. Thousands of Cardiff fans of all ages, sexes and backgrounds, all around the ground, making the exact same gestures as McBurnie was making, as happens every single time these two clubs play each other at senior level.

So, are you also going to condemn all of those people, describe them as childish and claim they were sucking up to the hooligan element?
    Personal? You're probably more guilty of that than anyone here. It's not nice is it?

I believe there's a huge difference between Joe Soap and a professional pl player behaviour at a ground.

Considering you only attend games for free, I'm sure you don't mind some dicks behaviour alongside you.

As for me, if I'm surrounded by parents and children, I find it embarrassing.

This is pointless, I feel he's a dickhead, you obviously don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    This is pointless, I feel he's a dickhead, you obviously don't.
    Of course he's a dickhead. Look at him! However, so are thousands of others who were at Sunday's game. And many others, who are not naturally dickheads, behave like dickheads during football matches, especially important ones like Sunday's. That's the way it is, that's the way it's been ever since I began going to games in 1975, and if the truth be told the sport would be a great deal more boring if that wasn't the case.

One of the things I like least about the modern game is how sanitised and sterile it's becoming. The atmosphere on Sunday wasn't bad considering the kick-off time and the relative lack of goalmouth action, but it was pretty tame for a South Wales derby. Your comments suggest you approve of that and you want the game to be a sterile affair. I don't and neither do plenty of others.

No issues with the gestures.
    Doesn’t bother me.

It’s the drink driving that pisses me off.

Seems to have been all but ignored.
    Just as well he didn’t kill or injure someone.

Guy’s a twat

Richard Osman & Alexander Armstrong stress that Dai Hunt has in no way besmirched the good name of Pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    It’s the drink driving that pisses me off.

Seems to have been all but ignored.
    In fairness, he hasn't been found guilty yet.

What I can't understand is some of the older, middle aged blokes near me on Sunday clearly on their own (i.e. no mates to imitate or egg on) doing these hand gestures! I wonder if they would display the same bravado if a video of their behaviour was to be shown on their TV in front of their family at home?

Once again we get the "it doesn't bother me" response from some posters - easy to say when you don't have young grandchildren with you chaps.

How do the accused dispute being over the limit? Isn’t there a road side breathtest and if positive more tests at the station? Obviously if you’ve got a few bob and you can afford a ‘Mr Loophole’ type legal representative there must be some way out of it, I always imagined that if you’ve failed the tests you’re done.

No, , the case isn’t concluded yet, no idea why.. but he was charged and well over the limit and claims to have only had 1 drink.

You’d have thought in those circumstances he’d keep his head down.

Seems like a lying shit to go with it.

Probably get off it , thanks to some high paid lawyer.

Good job no one was hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    How do the accused dispute being over the limit? Isn’t there a road side breathtest and if positive more tests at the station? Obviously if you’ve got a few bob and you can afford a ‘Mr Loophole’ type legal representative there must be some way out of it, I always imagined that if you’ve failed the tests you’re done.
    Me too, but people do get found not guilty from time to time, so there must a way out of it. There’s probably some procedural loophole I guess, or maybe the equipment isn’t always reliable.

Me too, but people do get found not guilty from time to time, so there must a way out of it. There’s probably some procedural loophole I guess, or maybe the equipment isn’t always reliable.
    Yup, they manufacture this equipment without any rigorous testing, and knowing it might not always be accurate, thereby leaving themselves open to costly court costs.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well if Madine ( another northern loop ) had anything about him, he'd could have turned up in the family stand , and then at n opportune moment ,charged from his seat ,shouting fight me, fight me .
    Could've saved a ****ing fortune!

Of course he's a dickhead. Look at him! However, so are thousands of others who were at Sunday's game. And many others, who are not naturally dickheads, behave like dickheads during football matches, especially important ones like Sunday's. That's the way it is, that's the way it's been ever since I began going to games in 1975, and if the truth be told the sport would be a great deal more boring if that wasn't the case.

One of the things I like least about the modern game is how sanitised and sterile it's becoming. The atmosphere on Sunday wasn't bad considering the kick-off time and the relative lack of goalmouth action, but it was pretty tame for a South Wales derby. Your comments suggest you approve of that and you want the game to be a sterile affair. I don't and neither do plenty of others.
    Why was it sterile? Can’t a ground be buzzing without loons gesticulating and threatening to invade the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Naff off you Tesco tracksuit wearing goofy creations
    You are a big, posh sod with plums in your mouth

I've been looking a generic term to be used for Swansea fans and now I've found it.....mongtards!

I don't need to be surrounded by dicks similar to those from the 70's 80's and 90's to enjoy a game.
    Do you remember the days when kids and women were non existent at games?
    Middle class lads at games dressed in £90 sweaters acting tough lads was the norm?
    It's all subjective. What your happy days were are totally different to others. The modern day with your family is a lot better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Jordan is spot on.
    Agreed. 👍🏻

I don't care that he was in there and don't actually think there's anything wrong with it.

I find it a bit cringeworthy that he's so desperate for affection that he does that consistently though. He knows his experience isn't going to be an away day supporting the team - it's going to be Swansea fans calling him a legend all day, taking photos, being the centre of attention, being the main man in a group of 2000 and I just find the fact that he goes out of his way to have that a bit...pathetic I suppose?

Chris Wilder has clipped his wings. I dont expect to see him in an away end any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Chris Wilder has clipped his wings. I dont expect to see him in an away end any time soon.
    Just read an article on it.

Quite rightly ,Wilder seemed to say he applauded him going back, just cut out the gestures ??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51132527