+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: McBurnie

Re: McBurnie

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The FA cannot just ignore a Premier League footballer, at a football match being broadcoast live to millions, caught making obscene gestures to opposing fans when they have some sort of campaign nearly every other month reminding fans about their behaviour and trying to make going to the football an all around nice experience. Kick it out, rainbow laces.etc

Joe Rodon went to the match and got involved with the chanting, having a good time and backing his team. As far as I can see he hasnt had any bother from the FA or criticism as far as I can see.
    Has Rodons brother been recalled to prison for crimes of fashion?

Kind of ironic that City fans were protesting outside the ground yesterday about the use of automated facial recognition, citing it as an invasion of privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Do you think they are just about making football a nice experience? They're trying to remove bigotry, there's a big difference.

Going to watch football is never really going to be a nice experience because too many people who go are braindead arse holes.
    Going to watch football is a far nicer experience than it was 10 years ago and is completely different to what it was 20 years ago. 20-25 years ago I dare say both sets of fans would have been trading more than hand gestures if there was a thin line of stewards and police in between them.

But, back to the point in hand, they use Premier League footballers as role models for such drives as Kick it Out, Rainbow Laces.etc, (which lets be honest is just to be seen to be doing the correct thing, they are a pointless exercise), so when pictures surface of one of these so-called 'role models' gesticulating then they have no option to condemn it and give him a warning.

I couldnt give a shit about what hes doing, comes across a bit of a dick but hes only young, just stating the FA had no option to pull him up.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Has Rodons brother been recalled to prison for crimes of fashion?
    He should be used in a campaign to keep drugs out of football grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Kind of ironic that City fans were protesting outside the ground yesterday about the use of automated facial recognition, citing it as an invasion of privacy.
    All 12 of them? Do any of them post on here then?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wouldn’t recognise him at all. Wonder if we can book Madine to help us out at Millwall next season?
    Well if Madine ( another northern loop ) had anything about him, he'd could have turned up in the family stand , and then at n opportune moment ,charged from his seat ,shouting fight me, fight me .

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    JBs are the ****ing worst. So pathetic.
    Steady on with the lazy stereotypes, mun

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    PaShUn
    I blame Dave Jones myself #anotheroneruined

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    To make the appropriate comparison...

If I’d got a new job at a more senior level with a different and bigger employer in my field would I go onto some public platform like LinkedIn and slag off the other smaller competitors of the small firm I used to work for?

No.
    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well if Madine ( another northern loop ) had anything about him, he'd could have turned up in the family stand , and then at n opportune moment ,charged from his seat ,shouting fight me, fight me .
    At least we could relate to something Madine did that was positive for us , if a little unusual .
    Go madine ...

Lot of fuss about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    What a dick. Making gestures at City fans.

Total lack of professionalism and childish to say the least.

If this was a city player ... past or present, I'd be embarrassed.
    I'm with you there. Acting the big chavvie in front of his bro's, bruvs n' brahs. Excruciatingly embarrassing for any decent jacks who were in the crowd. The guy dresses like a gypo too. I'd squirm with embarrassment if it was one of our ex players acting this way. Hope he gets charged bringing the game into disrepute by the FA

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Pretty mixed response. General consensus is with McBurnie.

I love the rivalry between Swansea and us. People like McBurnie make it all the better.

He’s a absolute ****er, a chav and everything I despise in a person but certainly makes it a little more interesting.

A few reports and snaps doing the rounds that Jordan Ayew was also in the away end yesterday (watching his brother, I guess). Based on the number of empty seats that were evident from pictures taken from the Canton - and the fact that past and present players made the trip - how many actual fans did they have?

Not sure if this has been said or answered:

But why does a bloke from Yorkshire who claims Scottish ancestry support Swansea City?

I know he went there to play.
    But it’s kind of like me going to Fulham v Reading in the away end because I’ve lived in Henley a while.

I’m missing something in this...

He's always been considered a bit of a style guru down West.

OB.jpg

People calling him a chav, have you ever been to our away days?

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Former Swansea forward Lee Trundle added: "Exactly mate, people moan that players are too far detached from the fans then when one has a day out as a fan they do this."
    There is an obsession people like Trundle, Monk, Williams, mcBurnie

All seem to have some hatred for Cardiff even though most never played much against us. Its a bit bizarre.

Trundle is ridiculous , Gary Neville isnt you friend you were some league 1 footballer at best who thought he was a superstar because did a couple of tricks.

McBurnie is just a chav the whole gesture thing is school kid stuff. Who does it offend?

He just needs his ego massaged so goes where will get a load of back slapping from a bunch of thick kids who he would look down on if he was out with his normal footy mates.

Why does McBurnie care about Swansea so much? He played fifty-eight games and forty-two of those games came in one season. Is this like when Tony Gerrard thought he could make friends with our hardcore fans only for those same fans to disagree with his performance against Liverpool and afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Why does McBurnie care about Swansea so much? He played fifty-eight games and forty-two of those games came in one season. Is this like when Tony Gerrard thought he could make friends with our hardcore fans only for those same fans to disagree with his performance against Liverpool and afterwards?
    Just reading the BBC article about it and it quotes McBurnie as a Swansea fan. Is this a lifelong thing or a recent development because he never had a football team to follow as a youngster? Christ, if I saw Mats Daehli at the next derby giving plenty of hand gestures towards the Jacks and saying he's there because he's a Cardiff fan, I'd have him sectioned.

If I’d got a new job at a more senior level with a different and bigger employer in my field would I go onto some public platform like LinkedIn and slag off the other smaller competitors of the small firm I used to work for?

No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just reading the BBC article about it and it quotes McBurnie as a Swansea fan. Is this a lifelong thing or a recent development because he never had a football team to follow as a youngster? Christ, if I saw Mats Daehli at the next derby giving plenty of hand gestures towards the Jacks and saying he's there because he's a Cardiff fan, I'd have him sectioned.
    He hardly played for us though .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He hardly played for us though .
    What does that matter? McBurnie is from Leeds. Ah, that's it. Of course.

No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What does that matter? McBurnie is from Leeds. Ah, that's it. Of course.
    All the whining on here makes you all look small minded .
    But please carry on I wouldn’t want to spoil the look .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    All the whining on here makes you all look small minded .
    But please carry on I wouldn’t want to spoil the look .
    So if I was spotted making gestures at a north East derby you'd think that was ok?

A 4 page thread over nothing.