+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: McBurnie

Re: McBurnie

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No, it's not strange behaviour at all for someone who was born hundreds of miles from the place, had no connection with the area at all, but decided to go in with that town's fans against their biggest rival after playing a few games for them. Perfectly normal behaviour for Swansea.
    An English man that plays for Scotland and supports a Welsh club

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    An English man that plays for Scotland and supports a Welsh club
    Absolutely!

Can’t say I’m bothered at all by Mcburnie doing any of that.

The funny thing is that guy in white he’s with, I genuinely can’t believe that’s a real person. So many things to point out on the photo of them in the concourse that I don’t know where to start.

I doesn’t bother me that he’s there tbh. Seems a bit of a gimp though

I wish our players would show as much passion on the pitch as McBurnie did off it.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Can’t say I’m bothered at all by Mcburnie doing any of that.

The funny thing is that guy in white he’s with, I genuinely can’t believe that’s a real person. So many things to point out on the photo of them in the concourse that I don’t know where to start.
    Joe Rodons brother. Coked up mess. Looked like a parody of Ali G.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I wish our players would show as much passion on the pitch as McBurnie did off it.
    PaShUn

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I don’t think our players should get in the sniff, they’d prob get banned

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    To be fair to him, he looks exactly what I imagine your average jack to look like

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    That’s Rodon’s brother? Blimey. I found it quite funny when the camera kept checking in on them as it was quite the sartorial spectacle. Tank and Johnny the Brains may have found themselves some contenders as Swansea’s finest...

No problem with the fella being there, fairplay he didn’t dial it down. I do think I’d find it a little surreal seeing an ex-City player giving it the big ‘un like that, especially one that’s still a pro, that hadn't played in a derby before and without any other attachment with the club or area.

All fairly daft and harmless in the scheme of things, no clue what his current employer or their supporters must think of it mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    What a dick. Making gestures at City fans.

Total lack of professionalism and childish to say the least.

If this was a city player ... past or present, I'd be embarrassed.
    Jon Parkin was with us in the away end at Derby but he behaved like a grown-up not like this clown. Talksport says he may be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. I wonder how Sheff Utd will react if these two play each other again when he's still with them. Wot a plonker.

you only get what you give...

Are any of you criticising him on here guilty of the same behaviour? Just wondered.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Are any of you criticising him on here guilty of the same behaviour? Just wondered.
    I may be wrong but I dont think any of those criticising are currently top level professional footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    I may be wrong but I dont think any of those criticising are currently top level professional footballers.
    That wasn't the question. It's about hypocrisy.

Im sure if anyone on here had a TV camera following them because of their day job they wouldnt behave in such a manner towards their customers or clients.

Unless Dai Thomas is posting on here then there is no hypocrisy.

To make the appropriate comparison...

If I’d got a new job at a more senior level with a different and bigger employer in my field would I go onto some public platform like LinkedIn and slag off the other smaller competitors of the small firm I used to work for?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    To make the appropriate comparison...

If I’d got a new job at a more senior level with a different and bigger employer in my field would I go onto some public platform like LinkedIn and slag off the other smaller competitors of the small firm I used to work for?

No.
    That’s not a comparison though .

I am also from hundreds of miles away and get quite passionate at Cardiff football matches .
    My professional life is totally separate from the life I enjoy following Cardiff .
    I think it’s great to see a football player going back to his club and showing a bit of passion .
    It may be embarrassing , as are the majority of the responses on here .

I just think there's good behaviour and bad behaviour - and one's profession is totally irrelevant. Asking that others have a different threshold of behaviour to oursevelves is ludicrous and indeed hypocritical.

Well the FA have reprimanded him according to Sky Sports and hes been given a warning about his behaviour.

Gary Neville defending him here, I tend to agree with him, don't agree with Trundle though.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51094939
    Former Manchester United and England defender Gary Neville said - before the FA's notice was issued - that any action against the player would be "a disgrace".

Neville said on social media: "This lad has done the most normal thing I've seen from a footballer for a long time. He goes to support his team and is pictured, filmed and ends up with this."

Former Swansea forward Lee Trundle added: "Exactly mate, people moan that players are too far detached from the fans then when one has a day out as a fan they do this."

I don't think he should be punished at all either, such a stupid over reaction. He is a pillock but not because he came to the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't think he should be punished at all either, such a stupid over reaction. He is a pillock but not because he came to the match.
    The FA cannot just ignore a Premier League footballer, at a football match being broadcoast live to millions, caught making obscene gestures to opposing fans when they have some sort of campaign nearly every other month reminding fans about their behaviour and trying to make going to the football an all around nice experience. Kick it out, rainbow laces.etc

Joe Rodon went to the match and got involved with the chanting, having a good time and backing his team. As far as I can see he hasnt had any bother from the FA or criticism as far as I can see.

Kick it out, rainbow laces.etc
    Do you think they are just about making football a nice experience? They're trying to remove bigotry, there's a big difference.

Going to watch football is never really going to be a nice experience because too many people who go are braindead arse holes.