+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Neil Harris on the Etheridge situation

Neil Harris on the Etheridge situation

I won’t go into too much detail at the moment. There’s been a lot of talk around Neil, not just in this window but in the previous one as well. I had a really good conversation with Neil in the week about his standards and where he wants to get to. He wants to be settled and play football. To do that sometimes you need to be at your best. I made the decision to leave him out. He understands. Alex and Joe Day want to play as well. It’s nice to have three goalkeepers that are talented, We’ll see what unfolds during the window.

Re: Neil Harris on the Etheridge situation

Sounds ominous!

Who wants him though? Didn’t west ham sign someone else?

Thought it odd before I saw the team that he was on shooting practice during the warm-up - and he was remarkably accurate!
    Next striker?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Thought it odd before I saw the team that he was on shooting practice during the warm-up - and he was remarkably accurate!
    Next striker?
    You saw him kick a ball straight?

was pleased enough with the clean sheet today...

cant fault harris for making the changes made after the qpr game... harris praised smithies and reminded us we have day also...

i would have thought there will be a little more behind the drop, but suppose we have to wait and see

Randolph having a 2nd medical with West Ham, because they have concerns he can't kick the ball. Etheridge will never pass then!

It's a waste of money having Etheridge or Smithies sat on the bench when the squad is so weak in other areas. One of them needs to go in this transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It's a waste of money having Etheridge or Smithies sat on the bench when the squad is so weak in other areas. One of them needs to go in this transfer window.
    It could be a case of Harris putting Smithies in the shop window - more than speculation about a move for Etheridge.

If he can get more than 30 bob for him he should bite the arm off, AS is more than adequate and JD good enough as back up, good business in selling Etheridge, decent keeper but not a must retain.

Also said after the match when pressed on it again that we have 3 senior goalkeepers and ideally come the end of the window that won’t be the case.

He's definitely going. Especially given the comment that JR has posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's definitely going. Especially given the comment that JR has posted.
    I heard the interview too. Little doubt that Harris feels transfer speculation has affected him. I fact I would say he hasn't been right since the start of the season, even allowing for his bad injury.
    Etheridge will be off if a decent offer comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I heard the interview too. Little doubt that Harris feels transfer speculation has affected him. I fact I would say he hasn't been right since the start of the season, even allowing for his bad injury.
    I read he couldn't come to terms with why he wasn't more depressed by relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    You saw him kick a ball straight?
    Into the stands probably.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    was pleased enough with the clean sheet today...

cant fault harris for making the changes made after the qpr game... harris praised smithies and reminded us we have day also...

i would have thought there will be a little more behind the drop, but suppose we have to wait and see
    Harris has no choice but to make changes! How has it taken this long for Flint to be dropped when it has been obvious to everyone how we concede when he plays. 😳