+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morrison - solid and reliable (thank goodness)

Morrison - solid and reliable (thank goodness)

Thought he looked composed and determined.

Good to see him back to form - and back in the team.

Re: Morrison - solid and reliable (thank goodness)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

He's a far better player than he's given credit by many on here. A quality performance today, and the whole defence looked so much more organized and composed..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He's a far better player than he's given credit by many on here. A quality performance today, and the whole defence looked so much more organized and composed..
    What I don't like is Pack constantly barking instructions to the rest of the team.
    Morrison was captain today - and quite able to command.
    Pack should start playing better. Then, he could think about telling team-mates what to do

We defended well today, right across the line. Probably the best defensively i've seen us this season.

Quality performance from the back 4, solid and evidenced by the fact Swansea had 1 shot on target

Back 4 played well. Bennett for me man of the match. Morrison/Nelson looks promising.

Best we've played. I'd keep that back 5 for the rest of the season. We have other areas (basically every position bar Tomlin) to fix first.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Quality performance from the back 4, solid and evidenced by the fact Swansea had 1 shot on target
    i think that them having one shot proves that they had an easy time of it.
    looked better but there wasn't much threat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

And highlighted what a complete liability Flint has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    And highlighted what a complete liability Flint has been.
    He's slow to react and he's ****ed if teams play around him. Morrison and Flint can't play together.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He's very capable when he's on. Promotion season he was Captain Fantastic. I thought he was capable of making the step up. But he had a ****ing 'mare last year, an absolute ****ing 'mare. And he's not been great this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's slow to react and he's ****ed if teams play around him. Morrison and Flint can't play together.
    100% agree.

(And yet Flint hasn’t shown that he is competent playing with ANY partner since he has been here.... He has been a huge disappointment so far :-( )

He was solid today, looked up for it. Who was that player who kicked out at him in the first half?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    He was solid today, looked up for it. Who was that player who kicked out at him in the first half?
    Their No 10 - Celina. Morrison was professional about it - and I could see the ref wasn't looking back at the incident. SM had a word with him at the next opportunity - a free kick on the edge of our penalty area.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think Harris may have finally figured this out. I don't know what Warnock was thinking. If I had to guess, it would probably something simplistic like he could either score or flick on a few from long throws.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think Harris may have finally figured this out. I don't know what Warnock was thinking. If I had to guess, it would probably something simplistic like he could either score or flick on a few from long throws.
    I imagine they didn't think Manga was going to leave and panicked. Flint has played pretty well next to Nelson. That being said, I'd play today's back 5 every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I imagine they didn't think Manga was going to leave and panicked. Flint has played pretty well next to Nelson. That being said, I'd play today's back 5 every time.
    I haven’t seen Flint play pretty well next to anyone since he has been at the club. Sorry.

He is average at best, slow, gives the ball away and not very good in possession.

Terrible signing. So far anyway.