+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your starting line up

Your starting line up

Interested to see how many different players we would have if say 10 people all put their starting line up together. My issue with Warnock is that we didnt strengthen we just bulked up the squad. Saying thay i do think the squad is under achieving and should be capable of reaching the play offs.
    (To confirm if all players are available the game is v another championship team at random)
    Gk smithies
    Rb peltier
    Lb Bennett
    Cb bamba
    Cb morrison
    Cm ralls
    Cm bacuna
    Cm tomlin
    Rf mendez laing
    Cf paterson
    Lf hoilett

Re: Your starting line up

Today's team with NML for Whyte and Ralls for Bacuna.

I'd like it to look something like this however at the end of the window. We can't buy a new squad but 3 new faces would be lovely.
    New Striker
    Hoilett Tomlin New Winger
    Ralls New CM
    Bennett Nelson Morrison Pelts
    Smithies

Gk smithies
    Rb Richards
    Lb Bennett
    Cb bamba
    Cb morrison
    Cm ralls
    Cm Pack
    Cm tomlin
    Rf Whyte
    Cf Glatzel
    Lf Murphy

Smithies

Peltier
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett

Pack
    Ralls
    Tomlin

Hoilett
    Paterson
    Whyte

Smithies

Peltier
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett

Bacuna
    Ralls
    Tomlin

Hoilett
    Glatzel
    Whyte

I'm struggling with the wide players. Mendez-Laing and Murphy have pace but no end product, Whyte runs around a lot but does little else and Hoilett seems to have lost interest since Warnock left. I'd be tempted to stick Paterson out wide on the right.

Smithies

Peltier
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Pack
    Ralls

Mendez-Laing
    Tomlin
    Murphy

Glatzel

Smithies

Richards
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Bacuna
    Ralls

Murphy
    Tomlin
    Hoilett

Paterson

Etheridge

Richards
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Ralls
    Bacuna

Mendez-Laing
    Tomlin
    Hoilett

Glatzel

Etheridge
    Peltier
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett
    Hoillett
    Ralls
    Pack
    Tomlin
    Murphy
    Patterson

Smithies

Coxe
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Bacuna
    Pack
    Tomlin
    Ralls

Whyte
    Glatzel

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Smithies

Coxe
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Bacuna
    Pack
    Tomlin
    Ralls

Whyte
    Glatzel
    relegation

Why?

Why?
    Whyte up front, Coxe at right back, Ralls and Bacuna on the wing

I thought that was the defence we have been crying out for for a long time and good to see that defence keep a clean sheet. The worrying part is that it took Harris so long to see it. Hopefully we have seen the last of Aiden Flint as a starter in this side.

Smithies

Peltier
    Morrisson
    Nelson
    Bennett

Pack
    Ralls
    Tomlin

Whyte
    Hoilett (Murphy if he could be arsed)

Patersson

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I thought that was the defence we have been crying out for for a long time and good to see that defence keep a clean sheet. The worrying part is that it took Harris so long to see it. Hopefully we have seen the last of Aiden Flint as a starter in this side.
    I am sure Harris could see the problem in defence from day 1. His problem was that he came to us with a less than impressive CV so had to bide his time before he got the team he wanted, with the existing players. The 6-1 hammering at QPR gave him all the ammunition he needed. I think we are in for a few shock comings and goings I the next 2 windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Smithies

Peltier
    Morrisson
    Nelson
    Bennett

Pack
    Ralls
    Tomlin

Whyte
    Hoilett (Murphy if he could be arsed)

Patersson
    The defence, after Sunday picks itself. We need pace in midfield and I just dont think we can have both Pack and Tomlin in there. Up front Whyte runs around like a headless chicken. I would pick Murphy over him.
    Smithies
    Pelts
    Morrie
    Nelson
    Bennett
    Ralls
    Bacuna
    Tomlin
    Paterson
    Glazo
    Hoilett

I like whyte, Murphy is a better player when he can be arsed which he never is.

Answer to Llandaff Blue: Don't think wingers, think diamond. I thought Coxe and Whyte combined well against Carlisle and as both are relatively young (for us that is) the combination could improve. Bye the way I haven't seen your line-up yet.

I don't really care about what happens for the rest of this season. I'd like to see a team where Paterson, Flint, Medez-Laing, Peltier, and Bennett are no longer factors.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't really care about what happens for the rest of this season. I'd like to see a team where Paterson, Flint, Medez-Laing, Peltier, and Bennett are no longer factors.
    Peltied played quite well at the weekend I thought. Mendez-Liang can be brilliant one day and then shite for the next 10.

After watching yesterday's game it does seem that now Smithies will be first choice 'keeper, unless of course we don't sell Etheridge and sell Smithies instead! The back four from yesterday are obviously now first choice. Bamba seems well out of favour. NML and Ralls are injured but when they are fit I'd have-

Smithies, Peltier, Morrison , Nelson, Bennett, NML, Tomlin, Bacuna, Ralls, Hoilett, Paterson. Any new players to come in and take over some of those spots.

I wish we could unload Flint and Pack and get our money back and invest in some new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Peltied played quite well at the weekend I thought. Mendez-Liang can be brilliant one day and then shite for the next 10.
    Peltier has been a great servant to the club. He's far from perfect but he's the least of our concerns.

Answer to Llandaff Blue: Don't think wingers, think diamond. I thought Coxe and Whyte combined well against Carlisle and as both are relatively young (for us that is) the combination could improve. Bye the way I haven't seen your line-up yet.
    Smithies

Peltier Morrison Nelson Bennett

Ralls Bacuna

Hoilett Tomlin Murphy/Whyte
    Glatzell

Best we've got unless any new players come in. I don't think right back is an issue right now which is why I'd rather Coxe go out on loan for the season and we keep Peltier starting, he doesn't do anything attack wise but he rarely puts a foot wrong defensively. If Peltier has a stinker then Jazz is better placed to play instead of Coxe.

I think our midfield is too slow for a diamond, which is why I'd stick with our frustrating wingers. On his day Hoilett can be our best attacking player and Murphy showed yesterday when he's up for it he's a problem for any fullback.